• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.
HALL OF SHAME

Im still in the best 20? wow.
tumblr_n2b4eiyUZG1r1geyyo1_250.jpg

How did Ace of the Diamond turn out to be? The baseball game from Clannad are really tempting me to watch a baseball anime, but I'm unsure on what to see. I suppose there is Cross Game and Touch, but I already read the manga for them.

Ace of Diamond is excellent baseball action. It has good comedy and really gives good focus to the game and even an aspiring new player from the grassroots area an experience in the big leagues. So passionate. Give it a try, mangas also good.

jbug617

Banned
Diamond no Ace is a pretty good baseball romp that is still ongoing, kind of drags too much with the training though.

Yeah I agree that it's a good show also. I guess the pacing is due to how many episodes the show will end up having.

We got us a look at the cast of the super collaboration M3 ~Sono Kuroki Hagane~ anime:

http://m3-project.com/
http://moca-news.net/article/20140318/201403181516a/01/
There's a story introduction in the moca-news article; would be grateful if someone can translate it.

May'n is singing the OP, and the band la la larks (fronted by the ex-lead singer from School Food Punishment) is singing the ED.

Newly revealed staff includes original character design by Onigunsou (オニグンソウ), anime character design by Hideki Inoue, and music from Hajime Sakita.
HV2ogOl.jpg

Cast:

edit: looks like it's not going to start airing until April 21.

May'n back in action, hopefully a better song than the one given to Blood Lad.

Cast looks phenomenal, already have two favorites there but love four of them so will definitely watch.

So any recommendation for spring animes? I looked at a few lists, but there was nothing which I knew the source material from. Does Assasination Classroom get an anime? I watched the OVA and liked it.
Mushishi s2 and jojo 3 sound like the safe bets though i wouldnt be surprised if PingPong ends up being really good as well.

After Dandys rough start and kill la kill hype train derailments theres really not much credibility you can lend to a lot of these recommendations until the shows begin to air. Never believe in the savior of anime!

(Unless its mushishi s2)

So any recommendation for spring animes? I looked at a few lists, but there was nothing which I knew the source material from. Does Assassination Classroom get an anime? I watched the OVA and liked it.

Haikyuu!! is a must watch for sports [volleyball], current best sports manga in Weekly Shonen Jump..
Mahouka for magic school series with an actiony twist.
Mekaku City Actors for the voice cast and franchise.

Assassination Classroom, hopefully a tv anime is announced soon.

Fantastic
Kill la Kill
Samurai Flamenco
Space Dandy
Tonari no Seki-kun

Good
D-Frag!
Inari Konkon
Log Horizon
Noragami
Sakura Trick
Sekai Seifuku
Seitokai Yakuindomo 2

Fairly Decent
Hamatora
Mikakunin
Nagi no Asukara
Nisekoi
Onee-chan ga Kita
Witch Craft Works

Watchable
Chuunibyou 2
Nobunagun
Nourin
Strange+
Strike the Blood

Should Have Dropped
Maken-ki 2
Sonico
Tokyo Ravens
Wizard Barristers

Dropped
pupa
Saikin Imouto
Wake Up Girls

Quasar

Hey, I have hobbies!

They're called "watching anime" and "posting in AnimeGAF".

Can't have other hobbies, they would detract from valuable anime watching time. @_@

I have other ones too..like 'reading about and buying videogames but not playing'.

clannad after story > your favourite anime

bruydd8.gif

Recap from previous thread: ClannadGAF grows with PsychoNinja as the ringleader, drill hair, your favorite anime is shit, Corvo quoths the raven.

Also I randomly decided to start Milky Holmes and this has been my face the entire time.

uzpDaH9.png

My plan is coming to fruition!! Mwahahahaha!

I mean.... oh stop you. ^_^

But seriously how amazing is Clannad After Story?

HALL OF SHAME

Miki is also an acceptable choice.

Man.... and here I was thinking I was good this season. The Clannad posts got me on that list. I am sure of it.

What's the Hall of Shame? Is it how many posts we made in the previous thread?

Jesus if so, I need a life. Well a life when I decide to stay in my hometown instead of visiting friends.

Syrinx

Nichijou 17

I thought the scene with the card pyramid was actually really funny and cool with the characters being silenced and only using the music. Also it cut out Yukko's yelling, so it's even better.

Yeah, the people who've gotten at least 100 posts in a single thread.

I still haven't made the list. :(

I'll take it as pride now. Woofdawgs everywhere are nodding in an approving fashion. I have now been promoted to.... whatever comes after Admiral

I... uh... what...?

All my best friends already graduated college. My life in my college town involves class work, group projects, and watching anime. Every 2-3 weeks I go spend my weekends with friends to have friend contact. I want to not got crazy in solitary mode. All work and no play makes woofdawg a dull dawg.

Link Man

Banned
lol we were slower than usual.
i would have posted more but i'm buried under toons of work and i have way too many backlog anime series.

Freudian slip?

Nichijou 17

I thought the scene with the card pyramid was actually really funny and cool with the characters being silenced and only using the music. Also it cut out Yukko's yelling, so it's even better.

One of my favorite animated sequences ever.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Having never seen Clannad After Story I am qualified in saying it is not as good as my favourite anime because my tastes are impeccable. You can ask leading scientists, it is backed by scientific fact.

We definitely know Space Brothers is ending at this point? Not just moving to a new timeslot / pausing to let a manga buffer build up?

Clannad AS is fantastic, but it'll never hold a place in my heart as much as Gintama, Baccano, Cowboy Bebop, Fate Zero or Steins Gate. But all of the others' favorite anime is shit.

Having never seen Clannad After Story I am qualified in saying it is not as good as my favourite anime because my tastes are impeccable. You can ask leading scientists, it is backed by scientific fact.

Then you should watch Clannad and Clannad After Story. If you do I also promise to watch whatever anime you want me to watch all the way to the end.

Clannad AS is great but is let down by its ending imo.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
All my best friends already graduated college. My life in my college town involves class work, group projects, and watching anime. Every 2-3 weeks I go spend my weekends with friends to have friend contact. I want to not got crazy in solitary mode. All work and no play makes woofdawg a dull dawg.

I was more puzzled by how you could live in your arse and your need for one tit.

Riffled

Banned
Next Season seems really interresting...

Sumo Anime of an old manga by Ashita no Joe author
The Ping Pong anime by the Tatami Galaxy dude
Jinkebo R is a classic anime/manga that seems to be get remade again

More Mushushu is great, so is more Jojo...and the DBZ Boo saga is always fun...

There are some interresting premises for slice of life like with shut-in protagonists, and a Mangaka one. Altough their premise could easily mean little and go for something generic again.

Jesus Christ. I never truly realized how many shows look like shit this upcoming season...

I mean don't judge a book by its cover and all, but god damn.

Looks better than Winter did. I think it's a pretty typical range of mostly shit to somewhat promising, from the outset Winter probably only had Space Dandy to outright look forward to.

Maybe but Log Horizon was still airing. And that made it all worth it. This season has the necessary shows for each season though. I see one yuri show, and like 2-3 reverse harems. Gotta hit every demographic I guess. I'm not about to advocate yaoi as I don't really care for it (or yuri to be fair), but isn't it a bit funny how we have all these yuri shows but no yaoi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom