• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection | NeoGAF Custom Soundtrack: Planning & Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0dus

Banned
working on the proof for the artwork:

VW1HFVi.png

Additionally, my track is nearly ready.

Nyx

working on the proof for the artwork:

Additionally, my track is nearly ready.

Very nice artwork!

Also funny to see I have sent in the longest track, now wondering if it's too long haha.
Oh well, hope people enjoy it anyway and look forward to hearing all the other ones!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Very nice artwork, m0dus. Is it going to be monochrome though, or do you intend on adding additional colors (#f11515 I think would look good to include).

m0dus

Banned
Rösti;238574142 said:
Very nice artwork, m0dus. Is it going to be monochrome though, or do you intend on adding additional colors (#f11515 I think would look good to include).

Oh, no it's just the proof. I'm still stuck on what colors to add.

m0dus

Banned
Now to turn everything devisive.

I've finally added colors - of course using neogaf primaries as a base, then going batshit.

I've come up with three variations. I think I may go ahead and create a poll.

I still have some cleanup and general refinement to do, but I'd like to know which one of these will ultimately appeal the most.

Oh wow, this takes me back! Nice surprise to see this thread pop up while randomly browsing NeoGAF. A bit too close to the release now to contribute, but I'm excited to listen to the album!

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
First one is like some synthpop proto neon nightmare. I kind of like it.

Last one is good as the ship pops out, but I think the middle one is more GAF woth the more prominent grey.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I'll submit my final master (in high quality) sometime over the weekend.

Vally

Yes please, if we could have all the tracks by this weekend that would be great, since they still need to be sorted and given a track number, etc.

Then I'll share them with m0dus so that he can host the album somewhere, and in the meanwhile I'll host it temporarily on a Google Drive folder or something so that people can download it as soon as the Wipeout OT is up (June 5)

Not sure if I'll be able to finish my track =( especially since my headphones stopped working and I don't have any proper equipment to test how it sounds... but I'll try

Finished and submitted a dubby/atmospheric/DNB sounding thing. Can't wait to hear everyone's stuff!

edit: casting a vote for revised cover #2

m0dus

Banned
Yes please, if we could have all the tracks by this weekend that would be great, since they still need to be sorted and given a track number, etc.

Then I'll share them with m0dus so that he can host the album somewhere, and in the meanwhile I'll host it temporarily on a Google Drive folder or something so that people can download it as soon as the Wipeout OT is up (June 5)

Not sure if I'll be able to finish my track =( especially since my headphones stopped working and I don't have any proper equipment to test how it sounds... but I'll try

If you get it to me today (june 4) if won't be an issue to host it quickly, so temporary links won't be necessary.

btkadams

Welp, it looks like I'm not going to have my tracks finished in time. Sorry, guys! Looking forward to hearing what everyone else has put together though :)

Vally

If you get it to me today (june 4) if won't be an issue to host it quickly, so temporary links won't be necessary.

Thanks, I'll give it a bit more time just in case, since I'm still receiving submissions, but today at night I'll compile what I have and send it your way (European time here, so 12-14 hours from now at the latest)

Vally

Thanks a lot guys. 22 tracks in total, I never expected so many to be honest :D

TRACKLIST >

01 InaudibleWhispa - Dystopia
02 kogasu - Retrograde (Omega Mix)
03 The Kree - Disgusting & Despicable
04 NRV - Eris [NintendoRev]
05 Hamster Alliance - Disruptor Cannon [Hamst3r]
06 djplaeskool - The Belmondo Prototype
07 The Kree - 357 Bitches
08 Maher Al-Samkari - mission[Ctrl] [m0dus]
09 Neurochasm - Structure
10 Rösti - Turbo Encabulator
11 Octdron - Weaponized Guilt [jorgeton]
12 kogasu - Limitless Rush
13 The Kree - Little Ben
14 Sadsic - Dreamwater Odyssey (ft. Alexander Aultman)
15 The Kree - Under My Control
16 vonStirlitz - Anything Can Happen (Live from GAFcentral)
17 Octdron - Zone Three [jorgeton]
18 George Hefner - Acceleration [Nyx]
19 paxwilde - wastegate [subwilde]
20 Vally ft. Steelyvibe - Wild Crowd
21 NRV - College Culture [NintendoRev]
22 vonStirlitz - The Art of Dying

(I don't think I've missed anyone, but if so let me know please! Also the GAF names in brackets are just for reference to know who's who, they won't be part of the track title)

Will share them now with m0dus so that he can host them

kogasu

Oh yeah! That's a good amount of music there. I'm excited to hear it all!

Thank you Vally, m0dus and everyone for bringing this all together. It was fun trying to force myself to finish things within reason and stop procrastinating. I met my goal for once albeit incredibly last minute lol! :D

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
Well done everyone. Looks like a great collection and cant wait to listen. And, of course, kudos to Vally and m0dus for the extra effort and organisation

jorgeton

My Tuesday night will involve a bottle of wine, Omega Collection, and our soundtrack pumping in the background.

Thanks again Vally and m0dus for putting all this together!

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
So, given the album a test run while playing Wipeout. I can confirm that USB media player works fine.

First impressions. The tracks are phenomenal. Better than most of the official soundtrack in my view. Too many cool moments in each track to recount, but just wanted to say that you guys really nailed it. Great tunes, high level production values. Gives me something to aspire to. Truly amazed by the skills around here.

Well done all.

Listened through this morning. Great work from everyone else involved, love the diversity of sounds. Thanks so much to Vally and m0dus for putting this together, it was super fun!

jorgeton

Not only is this compilation great for Wipeout, it's also great to have on at work.

Much props to the sequencing, it has a great flow that is easy to put on and get lost in.

So, given the album a test run while playing Wipeout. I can confirm that USB media player works fine.

First impressions. The tracks are phenomenal. Better than most of the official soundtrack in my view. Too many cool moments in each track to recount, but just wanted to say that you guys really nailed it. Great tunes, high level production values. Gives me something to aspire to. Truly amazed by the skills around here.

Well done all.

Yeah, agreed. I haven't gotten through the entire album yet but every track I've heard so far has been really excellent. There are some super talented producers in our little corner of the internet.

Vally

I already gave it a listen while playing Wipeout and yeah, the collection turned out pretty nice :D

Also I don't know how many of you are professional producers but the quality of some of these tracks and how clean they sound, it's amazing. As for me, I'm just an amateur with no idea about mastering and all those things, so I did what I could. I wish I had had more time because my track needed more time in the oven, but it just felt wrong not submitting anything. At least I had fun doing it, and it served as an excuse to get out of my comfort zone since I had never tried my hand at a DnB track.

At first I wasn't certain that this project would turn out well, but then I was pleasantly surprised when the tracks started flooding in; it speaks volumes about how awesome the Wipeout fanbase is, so thanks again everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom