• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wisconsin Company Offers To Implant Chips In Its Employees

It said in a press release that obtaining a chip is optional, but expects that about 50 employees will take part.

Yeah sure its optional.

I fucking HATE shit like this in corporate culture. It is exploitative as hell.

jfkgoblue

Even as someone not very religious, this gives me pause, maybe it's just my Christian upbringing but it sounds specifically like "666" mark of the beast. And apparently the chips are made at a 666 address.... creepy as fuck.

AP90

Ring or wristband are alternative option listed in the article

Wristband would be better. Edit: Or fingerprint as mentioned in a post above.

Wonder when those people will start being monitored in the sense of how many times/how long they are in the bathroom or away from there desk.

kess

Nice way to separate the loyal from the chaff. Look at those model employees! Better employees.

"We foresee the use of RFID technology to drive everything from making purchases in our office break room market, opening doors, use of copy machines, logging into our office computers, unlocking phones, sharing business cards, storing medical/health information, and used as payment at other RFID terminals. Eventually, this technology will become standardized allowing you to use this as your passport, public transit, all purchasing opportunities, etc."

oh wait it's just a way for some douche to make money

Ferr986

People agreeing with this are literally dumb. I would quit my job if they obliged me to do this shit and trust me I need the money a lot.

There's wristband, fingerprints, cards... a lot of stuff that doesn't require implanting some shit in your body. Honestly, shit should be illegal.

Fuck that, knowing my luck it would dislodge and travel to my brain and explode or fry me when I walked through a metal detector at the air port.

Top Bottom