• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Patch 1.07 Changelog

Mendrox

it is crazy how a patch plays with people minds, some wont play the game until the patch is out, i mean wtf?

It's a really big game changer.. improved PS4 framerate (not that annoying anymore), less weight to carry, treasure box, many bug fixes for bugged quests and more.

It will feel totally different at many points to I gladly embrace it to stop wasting time with inventory management (fuck books in the common items area)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
it is crazy how a patch plays with people minds, some wont play the game until the patch is out, i mean wtf?
It's not that crazy. If you have other games to play it's not hard to put something down and wait until the issues are solved. If a game suffers from a problem that impacts your experience and the developers are promising a fix, it makes sense to just put the game on hold and play something else in the meantime.

I have had so little time to play the past week (2-3 hours tops) that I have not even missed the patch that much. I do notice a lot more PS4 issues on my second playthrough then I did on the first time, though.

Textures streaming in after 2-3 seconds, pop-in, weird framerate issues in places I have not noticed before. Perhaps I was so glued to the screen in my first time that I did not pay attention to it, but now I understand where it comes from.

It's a really big game changer.. improved PS4 framerate (not that annoying anymore), less weight to carry, treasure box, many bug fixes for bugged quests and more.

It will feel totally different at many points to I gladly embrace it to stop wasting time with inventory management (fuck books in the common items area)
But the game is perfectly playable. I guess if you haven't started it it's a different thing but actually waiting to keep playing over a few minor quality of life improvement that in no way will affect the enjoyment you get out of it makes no sense to me. Also the entitlement of some PC gamers here is crazy. No PC patch because supposedly they have some sort of patch parity. It's one thing to complain about not having patches for a broken game, quite another for a perfectly playable one.

dan2026

As it's batman on pc.
And that's not the point. The point is, those are very important improvements. Crucial, for someone. So, many (myself included) put the game on pause until the patch is released.

I am waiting to pick the game up on PS4 when the framerate issues are solved.
It will also be cheaper. The way I see it, I win both ways.

misho8723

Banned
3i1b.jpg

glaurung

Why the hell did they announce the patch last week?
This has been asked and answered multiple times in this thread.

They announced the patch last week because they needed to silence the constant spamming of "when's the next patch due" on their forums and Twitter. Now they got constant spamming of a slightly different nature instead.

I am so tired of this thread being on the first page.

Mendrox

But the game is perfectly playable. I guess if you haven't started it it's a different thing but actually waiting to keep playing over a few minor quality of life improvement that in no way will affect the enjoyment you get out of it makes no sense to me. Also the entitlement of some PC gamers here is crazy. No PC patch because supposedly they have some sort of patch parity. It's one thing to complain about not having patches for a broken game, quite another for a perfectly playable one.

It is not perfectly. It is good and playable, but not perfectly. The treasure box, weight management and even the new controls (hopefuly good) will be game changers and will make the game perfectly (inlcuding the frame fixes for the PS4 which are fucking annoying).

Things like weight management and the tank controls took my out of the game many times. I only kept playing because I wanted to know more about the quests and the world, but I will gladly wait for these improvements to give me the best experience.

The first playthrough of any game is the truest and best and you cannot redo it.

Stranya

I'm looking forward to starting this when the storage is introduced. Pissed me right off when they patched that in for DA:I after I'd already finished the game. A storage facility in massive RPGs is a complete no-brainer.

KingBroly

Banned
I don't mind the Tank Controls, but I cannot stand the weight limit. I just don't see a point to it in 99% of the games out there. Dark Souls is probably the only series to make it work since it ties into mobility/defense as well, and it has levels instead of going from Sprinter to Rock with the pickup of a single small potion or something like that. Just let me store shit on my Horse since I can call him almost whenever I want.

BlackRock

Why is having a storage chest a deal breaker for playing the game? You can only use one set of armor and two swords at a time. Make a choice. RPGs are all about making choices, right? I sell off or discard my unneeded or outdated equipment and rarely run into being overburdened. The ability to save things that you will never use is not a reason I'd put off playing the game.

Stranya

Why is having a storage chest a deal breaker for playing the game? You can only use one set of armor and two swords at a time. Make a choice. RPGs are all about making choices, right? I sell off or discard my unneeded or outdated equipment and rarely run into being overburdened. The ability to save things that you will never use is not a reason I'd put off playing the game.
Not a deal breaker for me, but I like being able to stash stuff I WILL use at some point, rather than - unrealistically - have to literally carry round everything I own.

Not a deal breaker for me, but I like being able to stash stuff I WILL use at some point, rather than - unrealistically - have to literally carry round everything I own.

And what stuff is that exactly? Runes? They hardly weight a thing. Alchemy ingredients? Nothing. The only thing is if you find weapons or armor that's above your level, though this rarely ever even happens.

Fuz

Banned
Why is having a storage chest a deal breaker for playing the game? You can only use one set of armor and two swords at a time. Make a choice.

No.

Apart the fact that I, as many, like to save my favourite sets and that would be reason enough... the game forces you to keep old armors in order to upgrade them.

Stranya

And what stuff is that exactly? Runes? They hardly weight a thing. Alchemy ingredients? Nothing. The only thing is if you find weapons or armor that's above your level, though this rarely ever even happens.
Don't know - as I said, I haven't played it yet :) I just like the option in RPGs.

It's like "We hope to release it this week, but don't count on it."

This parity really sucks. I mean, if a patch is ready on PC, release it. If it's ready on One, release it. No need to release all of them the same day.
Crying about this imaginary parity isn't going to make the pc version come out, so get over that. A lot of the sales were on console,pc might not be the priority anymore. I know it hurts.

Stranya

Oh come on.

Seriously? Why whine about games you've never played? The game is designed differently from a lot of other RPG's.
What? I didn't whine at all about Witcher 3. I said it pissed me off when DA:I didn't implement until after I was finished.

You seem determined to find something to complain about in my post. Just let it go, all I said was that I was looking forward to starting it! :)

Interfectum

It's not that crazy. If you have other games to play it's not hard to put something down and wait until the issues are solved. If a game suffers from a problem that impacts your experience and the developers are promising a fix, it makes sense to just put the game on hold and play something else in the meantime.

One could argue that stopping an RPG and stressing out over a patch will do more damage to your enjoyment of the game than just playing it now as is.

BlackRock

No.

Apart the fact that I, as many, like to save my favourite sets and that would be reason enough... the game forces you to keep old armors in order to upgrade them.

I suppose the ability to upgrade a few of the armor sets is about the only reason to hang on to older equipment. I think that the game is designed to have you choose a school and then upgrade it, however. Clearly it was not designed to hold onto everything you find. And there's no real need to do so other than wanting to collect the sets.

NekoFever

It's a bit odd to me too. Once I had the saddlebags that gave me 160 carrying capacity I never came close to the limit. I think I hit like 120 after I'd done a long dungeon that gave me tons of armour and other crap. I just sell or dismantle everything I'm not interested in whenever I'm in a town with a blacksmith/armourer.

It's a bit odd to me too. Once I had the saddlebags that gave me 160 carrying capacity I never came close to the limit. I think I hit like 120 after I'd done a long dungeon that gave me tons of armour and other crap. I just sell or dismantle everything I'm not interested in whenever I'm in a town with a blacksmith/armourer.

For me at least, I carry no extra armour ever and I'm at ~136/160 minimum, what this means for me is either I can discard a load of crafting mats I might want to use or return to town after every single side quest.

For me waiting for the patch makes the most sense as I think my burden will go down about 90% on patch day due to them making crafting mats weight nothing.

Also, they confirmed this patch was coming 4 weeks ago, it's been a long wait.

It also seems that they aren't fixing the King's Gambit bug that auto fails a completed quest, at least it isn't mentioned in the notes.

For me at least, I carry no extra armour ever and I'm at ~136/160 minimum, what this means for me is either I can discard a load of crafting mats I might want to use or return to town after every single side quest.

For me waiting for the patch makes the most sense as I think my burden will go down about 90% on patch day due to them making crafting mats weight nothing.

It also seems that they aren't fixing the King's Gambit bug that auto fails a completed quest, at least it isn't mentioned in the notes.

I bet 70% of your inventory is from garbage in your "other" tab. Took me a while before I realized how incredibly heavy the pelts are too. Sell everything in your "other" tab that isn't blue or gold (it's all garbage and cannot be used for anything interesting), and you'll have all your inventory back. Crafting materials don't weight a thing.

Interfectum

If you are at 136/160 and not carrying a bunch of extra armor than you need to sell and dismantle shit. You will never need as many crafting mats as you are carrying.

Funny how no one really gives a shit about the DLC they were talking about, and the biggest hype/news is around patch that fixes movment

If these controls aren't responsive enough for me I'm going to delete the game.

Funny how no one really gives a shit about the DLC they were talking about, and the biggest hype/news is around patch that fixes movment

What DLC? Have they been talking about something else beside the costume? And the little hints at New Game+ that they throw around.

I bet 70% of your inventory is from garbage in your "other" tab. Took me a while before I realized how incredibly heavy the pelts are too. Sell everything in your "other" tab that isn't blue or gold (it's all garbage and cannot be used for anything interesting), and you'll have all your inventory back. Crafting materials don't weight a thing.

I dismantle every pelt I get and my other tab is almost empty, all that crafting materials are 0.01 but when you have as many as I do it all adds up.

If you are at 136/160 and not carrying a bunch of extra armor than you need to sell and dismantle shit. You will never need as many crafting mats as you are carrying.

Everything I can dismantle I do dismantle, I know I should get rid of the crafting mats but I like to hoard in RPGs and I never have a problem as long as I have some sort of storage to dump all the shit I probably don't need into.

Hedrush

It's a long holiday weekend where I live and I was hoping the patch would have released by now, I've stopped playing as some of the improvements are important to me, and let's be honest, should have been in the game from the start.

Inuteu

fuck this patch

someone ask Marcin Momot about making a 20 hour DLC focused on Dandelion

we need more Dandelion

Fuz

Banned

Actually, controls are my main problem with the game too. I just can't stand the way horse-Geralt turns and all that inertia.
(Second biggest issue is that stupid shoulder camera, but doesn't looks like it will get addressed anytime soon. I'm hoping for some mod)

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
My only disappointment about the patch is that it doesn't appear that they address the icons not appearing on the map.

That shit is annoying. Thanks to the new storage and/or inventory system it will be much less of an issue, but I wasted quite a bit of time searching for vendors to sell and/or buy stuff from.

Top Bottom