• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 quests only give 8 experience points?

RCU005

I started playing Witcher 3 today and I am level 1. Right now I am in the story mission where I was sent to kill a griffin. It says the recommended level is 3, so I started doing secondary quests to start leveling up, but I only get 8 experience points in each one. I started at 600/1000 points to level up, and after 8 quests, I have 653/1000?

Is this a glitch? How am I supposed to level up?

I am playing in death march difficulty. Does that have anything to do?

Vawn

Banned
There are so many quests and so few levels. Just don't think about grinding to level up. Just do quests for the sake of experiencing them.

Denton

This is strange, as far as I know if you are within level of the quest you should get more XP. I know that when you are 6 levels or more higher than a quest, then it gives little XP so it avoids overlevelling. But that shouldn't be the case here? Or maybe it is, I really don't remember.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
As amazing a game as The Witcher 3 was, I cannot stand what they did to levelling and XP... it was so so bad, even my wife couldnt understand it when she played it.

It makes no sense. You level to get stronger. Yet you would do a quest and get nothing for it, or a couple of xp. Get nothing for killing things... it was so different to everything else. But not just different, bad different :(

LOLCats

Banned
thats all you get. Youre level 1. Proportioned to level? I dont recall lol. I just hated the overleveled turn in.

I hate to say this, but i got really into the game when it first came out, just loved it. Got about halfway through and said, well this is awesome i dont want to finish it yet.... maybe ill break and come back when there is dlc.

Well i havnt gone back lol.

Last edited:

JangoRain

As I understood it, the game keeps you from getting overpowered. You get the most exp from mainline quests. Open quests that are grey indicate you’re over leveled and warrant low amounts of exp. I also remember being level 1 for a LONG time in the beginning, White Orchard is just the intro area bear in mind.

Bigfroth

Go to Barber and get a shave and trim before you complete quest you get alot more experience when you look fresh.

BigBooper

As long as you aren't playing on the hardest difficulty, you can do the Griffin anyways if you are decent at action games. It's not very hard if you work out it's systems. Use the crossbow to bring it down, and slash away with the sword. Don't use the crossbow for dealing damage. Roll outta the way of it's dive attack and charge attacks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom