• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 rumors: 900p PS4/720p Xbone, 30fps, equals minimal settings of PC

SZips

I'll wait until the game is much nearer to release and CD Projekt RED releases performance information themselves. I just don't see the point in getting even the slightest bit up in arms over a rumor from one site for a game that is still almost a year away.

Sentenza

I'm not making any claims regarding optimization. Regardless of how much detail the game is pushing, those claimed system requirements are absurd simply because they're beyond what all but the biggest enthusiasts actually have, in the same way Crysis was absurd in 2007.
That would be exactly why options to scale down detail and image quality are in place.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not making any claims regarding optimization. Regardless of how much detail the game is pushing, those claimed system requirements are absurd simply because they're beyond what all but the biggest enthusiasts actually have, in the same way Crysis was absurd in 2007.
Yes, plz!

Well it would since we have so many cross gen games. The 360 could handle the Witcher 2 just fine though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5giXgNCh3z8

Ew, no.

Serandur

That 780 Ti performance sounds perfectly acceptable. If true, that's the level my shiny new 780 GHz Edition will perform at with the game; turn down MSAA to 2x or 4x, maybe a few lighting effects down to high and bam, my 780 should get a perfect workout with this game while still giving me my beloved 60 fps. A game actually built to take advantage of my machine sounds great, bring it on CDPR.

Mortemis

Banned
Eh, by the time I end up getting this game I should have a decent gaming pc to run this well. Even so, they have many months until they release this game. I'm sure they'll be doing some optimizing.

Turn off that hideous looking over-sharpening filter (if it's part of the game and not just PR destroying screenshots) and get some performance back.

antitrop

Second Son would look like Infamous 2 on PS3. Witcher 2 looks like Witcher 2 on 360.

The asset quality of the PC version of The Witcher 2 would translate over to the PS4 just fine without looking very dated, was my point.

The Witcher 2 was essentially a small taste of "next-gen" gaming for PC gamers back in 2011. The fact that they managed to slim it down enough to fit it on a last-gen console is irrelevant.

FourMyle

This. It looks a bit better than Witcher 2.

Yep. The only remotely impressive thing about the game we've seen so far was that "Next-gen fur" presentation (which, afaik, won't even be in the game anymore). I honestly could not tell the difference between the rest of the footage we've seen and TW2.

RedSwirl

Sounds like bullshit, and the game is a year off.

But still, I'm having serious doubts as to whether this'll run well in my 760 2GB with 2xMSAA.

imtehman

Banned
Oh no please, not anything like Crysis.

Crysis looks great, and is holding up for a long time, but good lord, can the game be an non-optimized piece of shit.

i dont think people are comprehending that hte reason why crysis held up for a long time is becaus the graphics were so fukking good that the hardware couldnt keep up.

the reason why xbone/ps4 version is gimped is because the witcher 3 is a PC game and PC's are alerady a generation ahead of these next gen consoles

HowZatOZ

Banned
People are kidding themselves by saying this looks barely better than Witcher 2. Have you seen what that game looks like on max details, it beats the living shit out of any current PS4 game and could easily be ported to the console and look the bit too.

This rumour is hilarious though, the game is not due until next year, optimisation is the last thing they will focus on.

RedSwirl

This. It looks a bit better than Witcher 2.

To be honest, the PC version of The Witcher 2 maxed out looks like it could have at least been a PS4 launch game. The game's asset quality was kind of ridiculous back in 2011. I even think it'd be a good idea to release it on PS4 and Xbox One.

GHG

The Witcher 2 is still a very good looking game. Maxed out on the PC it looks as good if not better than 90% of next gen games.

People are vastly overestimating the power of the next gen consoles.

The witcher 3 also happens to be an open world game with a fully dynamic lighting system. Until we see how minimal setting on the PC looks we cannot judge whether the game is "unoptimised" or label the devs "lazy".

With all the bitching and moaning in this thread they should just cancel the console ports altogether then some of you can go cry in a corner somewhere.

Seriously...

Sentenza

The Witcher 2.
If you're trying to make a point, you're failing badly, as far as I'm concerned.
The game looked stunning and it run reasonably well even on the ancient PC where I played it the first time (E6550 2,3ghz, 2 GB RAM, GTX460).
It runs smooth like silk in any scenario on my new one.

Guess Who

Banned
the reason why xbone/ps4 version is gimped is because the witcher 3 is a PC game and PC's are alerady a generation ahead of these next gen consoles

CPU-wise the consoles are rather lacking, but it's just flat-out wrong to say current PC GPUs are a full generational leap ahead of what's in the PS4. Better, certainly, but not THAT much better.

Burt

Sounds unoptimized.

Sounds like the next gen consoles are lagging behind $600+ cards that can barely run the game and are about as powerful as upper-mid range cards from near the end of last gen.

Sounds about right.

Stimpack

If you're trying to make a point, you're failing badly, as far as I'm concerned.
The game looked stunning and it run reasonably well even on the ancient PC where I played it the first time (E6550 2,3ghz, 2 GB RAM, GTX460).
It runs smooth like silk in any scenario on my new one.

I mean.... is this when it first came out? Because I remember people complaining that it ran poorly on many high-end setups. It sure as hell ran like garbage on mine.

I'm not siding with the other guy, I'm just saying that it's not unbelievable to think that the Witcher 3 will run on minimal settings for consoles. It's not unbelievable to think that it will run on medium settings for most machines.

maneil99

Considering how ugly the witcher 2 is I will skip this on both platforms. Have no respect for devs that are too lazy to optimize there games.

Hypron

I saw it in person at E3 and have to completely disagree. It was miles ahead of TW2, and everything else at the show.

Yeah. People that say the game barely looks better than TW2 either have eyesight problems or don't remember well what TW2 looks (and animates) like.

Considering how ugly the witcher 2 is I will skip this on both platforms. Have no respect for devs that are too lazy to optimize there games.

whatthefuckamireading.jpg

maneil99

The Witcher 2 is still a very good looking game. Maxed out on the PC it looks as good if not better than 90% of next gen games.

People are vastly overestimating the power of the next gen consoles.

The witcher 3 also happens to be an open world game with a fully dynamic lighting system. Until we see how minimal setting on the PC looks we cannot judge whether the game is "unoptimised" or label the devs "lazy".

With all the bitching and moaning in this thread they should just cancel the console ports altogether then some of you can go cry in a corner somewhere.

Seriously...

Nothing 'next gen' about this.
19mt9.png

Didn't the devs claim that working with the X1 was super easy or something. Let's hope they hit 1080 or they're going to have to eat those words (correct me if I'm wrong, I may be thinking of another dev)

i dont think people are comprehending that hte reason why crysis held up for a long time is becaus the graphics were so fukking good that the hardware couldnt keep up.

Crysis had the advantage of being a PC exclusive game and Crytek wanted to go all out with that. It isn't only that the hardware could not keep up with the graphics. It runs worse than Crysis 2, and even though I bought a decent graphics card about five years after it released I still could not run the game as well as I have would wanted.

Considering The Witcher 2 ugly, expecting them to not optimize their game and considering them lazy. That is one hell of a bad post.

Top Bottom