• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With a new Aliens game coming out in less than a month, which Alien video game would you say is your favorite?

Which one?

• Alien 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alien vs. Predator Capcom arcade

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alien versus Predator (Jaguar)

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Alien Trilogy

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Aliens Versus Predator (1999)

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Alien Resurrection

• Aliens versus Predator 2

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Aliens: Colonial Marines

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Alien Isolation

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • Aliens: Fireteam Elite

• Total voters

Drizzlehell

Banned
There may be some smaller mobile or arcade titles that I may have missed because I simply don't know that they exist, but I think the poll at least includes those games that are generally the most known.

Anyway, I think that one of the easiest answers is Alien Isolation, which not only is one of the absolute best Alien video games but also one of my favorite games of all time, period.

However, I do also have a soft spot for Alien Resurrection which I even replayed recently. It's a fucking hard game but it's also surprisingly effective horror shooter that had me sweating bullets back in the good old days of PS1.

AvP 2 and AvP 2010 also stand out as some of the better Alien games.

I also had quite a lot of fun with Fireteam Elite, although I wouldn't be so bold as to call it a great game. It's just a solid horde shooter with lots of Alien lore to geek out over. Too bad that it's kinda dead these days.

Last edited:

SeraphJan

MV5BZjI1MDNmMmQtOGMxOC00OTY5LWI5MzgtNjVkMDMxNGRhYWI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjA5MDY0Mw@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
Loved Isolation, but AvP 99 is an absolute classic. The marine campaign is still one of the scariest games I've ever played to this day. Also the multiplayer was awesome for its time.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Anyone who answers anything other than Alien Isolation needs to be checked into an asylum
I would say it's an objectively the most faithful Alien adaptation ever made but I can see how it may not be for everyone since not everyone is into sneaking or survival horror games.

Top Bottom