• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 07•14-16•17 - Audiences go Ape, Sick of Spider-man and Wonder Woman (finally)?

Schlorgan

You guys live in the wrong countries for easy indie access.
This is a list of all the movies one can see in the cinema this week (all names are translated so apologies for that, but you can click on the names and it'll take you to a page with the original name, some data and a IMDB link)
The list shows 25 films of which only 10 aren't indie, and of those 10:
- Boss Baby is done
- Everything, Everything is done
- Wonder Woman is done
- The Mummy is pretty much done
So technically is more like 6 out of 21

Not all of these are being shown in all or even the same chains, but even then the ratios are not bad overall. For example the cinema nearest to my home is currently showing a total of 12 movies, of which 5 are indies.
Mi Villano Favorito 3 is now my favorite possible translation for Despicable Me 3.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
$885k early Monday number for Wonder Woman. Down 25% from last week.

$18.5m to go.

giphy.gif

$400M is locked. No way WB let's that slip by them at this point. They haven't had a film hit $400M domestic in 5 years.

Is it? It needs just $403 to surpass Spider-man for the biggest origin movie ever.

If I were WB, I'd announce the sequel this weekend and then do a special one-week celebration of Wonder Woman in theaters by bringing it back to premium screens (IMAX, Dolby, XD) where possible.

Miles X

Yeah, around there. It's actually pulled ahead of the first Hunger Games in daily tracking but that movie was in theaters for almost 6 months.

Nice. I am willing for $410. It makes it the #1 superhero origin movie and #20 all time domestic (even if just for a few months).

I wonder if they'll try and push the Professor Marston movie given how huge Wonder Woman turned out. Probably not, but I'm sure it'll get more attention.

If I were WB, I'd announce the sequel this weekend and then do a special one-week celebration of Wonder Woman in theaters by bringing it back to premium screens (IMAX, Dolby, XD) where possible.

Yeah announcing the sequel at Comic-Con males a lot of sense. Jump on the buzz / hype from the first film and get that train rolling.

I guess the question is if they've locked down Patty or not. If they haven't I could see them waiting to announce till later

Bronx-Man

Banned
Crazy how Wonder Woman became the biggest blockbuster of the year while Spider-Man bombed harder than The Adventures of Pluto Nash

Make Sam Raimi Direct Again.

Spider-Man: The Clone Saga. Starring all the cinematic Spider-Men (Andrew Garfield gets to be Kaine).

If someone makes a movie involving Peter Parker clones, they're making Spider-Verse, not Clone Saga. All the cinematic Spider-Men plus Emma Stone or Bryce Dallas Howard as Spider-Gwen. And Marisa as Spider-May.

Top Bottom