• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 07•14-16•17 - Audiences go Ape, Sick of Spider-man and Wonder Woman (finally)?

I feel like moviegoers are lukewarm on the franchise in general.

They really are. I think you have to show people Rise for them to *get* it. I don't know anyone who watched that and bailed out after.

But I know so many people, and even some who genuinely like all kinds of movies, who just can't muster interest in a series about Apes taking over the world. The perception is still out there that this is a goofy premise and I think that's hard to overcome. It's disappointing but not surprising to me the films have trouble really breaking out

Busty

Banned
Baby Driver continues my long and treasured tradition of quite liking Edgar Wright films that the Internet loves as if they were their own children.

Baby Driver has some nice stuff in it but felt too light and breezy for me. Chances not taken with seemingly little in the way of stakes. But I did like Spacey's character arc, it didn't go the way I thought it would at all.

Also interesting how Foxx, Hamm and Bernthal towered over Elgort who seemed very lightweight to be carrying a film like this especially given a seriously underwritten, nothing female character to work off of.

kswiston

I am going to see Dunkirk in about an hour and a half. This might be my last non-family film for awhile, unless I see something on the 4 day trip up to my new place. My wife and kid are taking a plane.

I STILL HAVEN'T SEEN BABY DRIVER

eb0f25A.gif

3N16MA

Banned
I am going to see Dunkirk in about an hour and a half. This might be my last non-family film for awhile, unless I see something on the 4 day trip up to my new place. My wife and kid are taking a plane.

Hopefully Edmonton treats you and your family well. You won't lack any snowfall.

kunonabi

oddly enough, my dunkirk showing was almost all families. Thankfully the one infant stayed quiet the whole time.

Schlorgan

The local drive-in has Dunkirk paired with Wonder Woman, which seems like a good mix, but then it has Spider-Man paired with Apes which seems like a strange pairing tonally.

I may or may not see all four that way.

blakep267

Having just seen Spider-Man homecoming, I can see why it doesn't have great legs. It's good but it's February or March good

Plus there's just been too much Spider-Man in the last 15 years. Maybe if the ASM movies didn't exist it'd be more hyped

Top Bottom