• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 09•29-10•01•17 - Cruise spitroasted by Pennywise and Kingsman, Flatliners DOA

Slayven

It’s an AI that is forever buggy.

1539804-qu1.jpg

Quasi-Motivational Destruct Organism

You won't even see that stuff get nominations now that the Academy has changed the voting rules for animated feature.

I mean, they could watch The Red Turtle and Ma vie de Courgette back to back and still be back in time to catch the post-credit scene of Thor 3: Dragnarock. Academy ballot holders are the worst.

Do you guys know any good forums for discussing the box office? It's fun following it but here all the BO threads kinda devolves into weird talk centering around BronsonLee/ToaTak (no offence haha!)

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Do you guys know any good forums for discussing the box office? It's fun following it but here all the BO threads kinda devolves into weird talk centering around BronsonLee/ToaTak (no offence haha!)

When the NeoGAF movie comes out you'll be glad you paid attention.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Honestly, my gut is saying John Lasseter will take it. Then we need to figure out who to run the animation division.

John Lasseter or Kathleen Kennedy - both have the capabilities of running Disney, but they would need replacements at Pixar and Lucasfilm, and at the moment, I see no one filling those shoes.

There's the box office theory forums, but it's even weirder than this place.

Something about BO attracts strange folk. And I don't just mean odor.

My alt accounts are far more eloquent with their shit posting.

Brevity is the soul of wit you son of a bi-

Commit to your posts

Never edit!

Your posts should be like a river, constantly flowing

In all seriousness, that's mostly because people get bored and I like being silly in the weekly parts. If you're mostly in for the numbers, just roll in during the weekends.

Litan

Well, there's nothing to talk about right now.
Wait for JL, Ragnarok, Star Wars. Things are going to get wild then.

John Lasseter or Kathleen Kennedy - both have the capabilities of running Disney, but they would need replacements at Pixar and Lucasfilm, and at the moment, I see no one filling those shoes.
If anyone takes over Pixar, it will be Andrew Stanton or Pete Docter.
Or watch something out of left field like Brad Bird.

kswiston

Boxoffice.com is predicting $54M for Blade runner, $11.9M for My Little Pony, and $9M for The Mountain Between Us this weekend.

Deadline has Blade Runner at $45M domestic and about $100M worldwide this weekend.

went to see flatliners. was about a third full, thought it would be totally dead. I knew about the reviews but a friend wanted to see it and there was nothing else on today, so I was just hoping my sheer fascination for near death stuff would mean I'd enjoy it. If it were tomorrow we could have gone to see bladerunner :(

it's just so generic. nothing particularly thoughtul or unsettling about it, with a mush of an ending. If you're gonna do that film go balls out, and it'll be either amazing or terrible, but at least actually worth remarking upon.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Gotta wait an extra year for Fast and Furious 9.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/universal-moves-ninth-fast-and-furious-movie-2020-1202580537/

They are probably making the spin-off with the Rock and Statham.

The internal drama with this series is insane. Vin and The Rock clearly got some beef. And then Tyrese had that breakdown on Instagram, asking for The Rock to return his call/texts. If the main movie got bumped, somebody's gonna have hurt feelings. Watch.

That and Lasseter doesn't strike me as the guy who'd wanna run Disney whole either.

If anyone takes over Pixar, it will be Andrew Stanton or Pete Docter.
Or watch something out of left field like Brad Bird.

The Pixar drama continues...

kswiston

By Sunday morning, every September box office thread this year will have passed 500 posts.

Out of curiousity, I went back and looked at past Septembers. Only one Sept thread before this year broke 200 posts since xaosslug has been doing these threads (that was 217 posts).

The record low was 18 posts the week that Lakeview Terrace opened. I think that we have had Alpha Flight tangents longer than that thread this month.

In addition to his usual attorney David Boies, Weinstein also has engaged Lisa Bloom, a Woodland Hills, Calif.-based lawyer and television personality specializing in sexual harassment cases (and the daughter of Gloria Allred), as well as Charles Harder, the Beverly Hills-based litigator who represented Hulk Hogan in the invasion of privacy trial that brought down the Gawker website.

Can't wait for Hollywood to circle the wagons again around another alleged perpetrator of sexual harassment/abuse/violence.

Can't wait for Hollywood to circle the wagons again around another alleged perpetrator of sexual harassment/abuse/violence.

Reading the linked article, I get the feeling that this is going to be more about bullying and gendered abuse than necessarily sexual abuse/harassment, though I wouldn't be shocked if it was both.

Slayven

The internal drama with this series is insane. Vin and The Rock clearly got some beef. And then Tyrese had that breakdown on Instagram, asking for The Rock to return his call/texts. If the main movie got bumped, somebody's gonna have hurt feelings. Watch.
What was this break down?

Top Bottom