• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 09•29-10•01•17 - Cruise spitroasted by Pennywise and Kingsman, Flatliners DOA

Blade Runner following the Mad Max model as expected. Got a relatively solid debut in France. I expected way worse. Ford still has some pull apparently. Time for Witness 2.

Who got banned? Bobby will be back for TLJ, right?

Bronson, GOB, Inferno, among many others. It's a bummer honestly.
At least kswiston's charts will survive the nuclear holocaust.

Sheeeit. Bronson got got? Curious to go to the thread and watch what caused a mod to go through like Jason Vorhees goes through campers.

kswiston

It would be nice if I wasn't just posting charts to myself.

Hats off to our members that have passed into greyness. Geostorm will bomb in your honor.

On topic, September ended up breaking $700M for the first time ever.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Blade Runner 2049 walking in the footprints of Mad Max is very fitting. Warner Bros about to corner the cerebral blockbuster and horror markets. Everything else is Disney-town.

Jawmuncher

I think most got banned for 3 months. So They're missing Justice League and a lot of other big holiday hits this year.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
One more Thor 3 thread and there might not be anyone left here.

Damn, who's gonna stan for Thor: Ragnarok when that hits later this year?

We need to bring in some ringers from some of those 'Movies You've Seen" threads to fill in the gaps in the meantime.

Stans are only fun after a movie is determined to be a creative and commercial flop, like Trokii did with Ghost in the Shell.

I figure such an outcome is unrealistic for Thor 3 given the positive press it's getting for not being Thor 2::The Darck World.

berzeli

Banned
Isn't Blade Runner Sony?
Warner Bros is distributing it domestically. Sony is distributing it internationally
Deadline has this:
Sony’s contribution to the bottom line before tax credits and rebates is figured at $90M. Warner Bros. is getting a domestic distribution fee around 10%.
So it's financed by Alcon and Sony, distributed by Warner and Sony.

Also Blade Runner international update:
Sony Pictures Releasing International is distributing in all offshore territories where the Denis Villeneuve-helmed pic has grossed $6.8M+ through Thursday.

Key markets include No.1 starts in the UK ($1.1M), Russia ($804K), Australia ($685K) and Italy ($330K). Germany opened to $516K. The sequel to Ridley Scott’s classic did not open No. 1 on its first day in France, facing off with a local title by the Intouchables crew, and thus expected. Neverltheless, early holds in France are good.

Sony, which has the movie offshore, is still calling a a $48M-$52M weekend. The studio is comping to
Interstellar, which had similar response

tonka

We have the technology, we can rebuild it.

In other news, watched I think '07 cut blade runner with some friends (and some first timers) in advance of 2049 this weekend, I am quietly looking forward to more villeneuve, having enjoyed arrival

Pharaun

We need to bring in some ringers from some of those 'Movies You've Seen" threads to fill in the gaps in the meantime.

I've been staning for Thor: Ragnarok for a while now, it's going to make all the monies, all of them!

RIP to the Box Office GAF members we lost today.

Planning on seeing Blade Runner on Sunday. Nice to see it seems off to a pretty decent / strong start

J_Viper

It's time for the millennials of Box Office GAF to rise up and fill the void left by our dearly departed elders

Who's with me?

kswiston

It's time for the millennials of Box Office GAF to rise up and fill the void left by our dearly departed elders

Who's with me?

You guys lost some of your premier members. Soon it will just be me, Slayven, and Phoniciple left. We will sit around and talk about pop culture from 25-30 years ago. Robot Jox will get more mentions in these threads than Pacific Rim.

Not

Banned
Jesus. As someone who has been banned before I've learned to read and post my comments carefully on topics like that. Quick comments=long bans I'm afraid.

This is pretty true. Tempers got really high in that thread. People get routinely angry when they perceive injustice.

Excited to see how well Blade Runner does. Seeing it in less than a couple hours.

Blade Runner was excellent. Cinematography and visual effects were probably the best I've seen this year, and for me I think that's saying a lot coming from Apes (my personal frontrunner as my favorite film of the year alongside Logan). I can also confirms the reports about the film being primarily a detective/mystery film, and it's a fine one at that (there actually wasn't much in terms of action scenes, honestly).

Can't comment on how it compared to the first film though, I haven't seen it. (I actually have a borrowed copy of the Director's Cut right now, but my PC wouldn't play it. Go figure. :/)

RIP to the Box Office GAF members we lost today.

Planning on seeing Blade Runner on Sunday. Nice to see it seems off to a pretty decent / strong start

BoxOfficeGAF without Bronson and Bobby is a bad timeline.

You guys lost some of your premier members. Soon it will just be me, Slayven, and Phoniciple left. We will sit around and talk about pop culture from 25-30 years ago. Robot Jox will get more mentions in these threads than Pacific Rim.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Aren't George Oscar and Bronson like really young? Early 20s I thought

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I decided to pop in to the Flatliners theater because I was curious what kind of people were in there, and I was treated to this:

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/nFuHU9K.jpg[/IMG]

Nobody.

Not a one was in there.

The screen was just playing to an empty room.

I wouldn't have paid for it but I have MoviePass. I went to a late afternoon screening on a weekday and there were maybe 15 other people in there. They were all in their teens and early 20s. They all thought that it was great, which surprised me.

I wouldn't have paid for it but I have MoviePass. I went to a late afternoon screening on a weekday and there were maybe 15 other people in there. They were all in their teens and early 20s. They all thought that it was great, which surprised me.

Probably Nina Dobrev fans. She has a lot of pull on social media. Outside of her I'm not sure why anyone would really watch this

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
It would be nice if I wasn't just posting charts to myself.

Hats off to our members that have passed into greyness. Geostorm will bomb in your honor.

On topic, September ended up breaking $700M for the first time ever.

Going to hit 400mil+ WW.

Neophant

I'm always happy to chime in more in light of our temporarily displaced members. I've always found it interesting how we are able to rationalize and analyze box office results through all sorts of holistic factors. It's less a science and more of an art to figure out why, how, and what these charts would mean over the long run.

snap

Banned
Bronson's threatening he won't come back to GAF even after the ban expires.

Man remember how just like a day ago someone was asking if there was an alternative to BO GAF and the answer was pretty much "not really?"

I also wonder what the site would be like if EvilLore posted more. I imagine there'd be a lot less activity.

Top Bottom