• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 10•13-15•17 - Audiences show Death Day & Jackie Chan what love is, Blade dull

milanbaros

Member?
boxoffice.com gave their long term forecast for TLJ and it's pretty reasonable.

OW = 215MM
Dom LTD = 742MM

I said the same thing some time ago, i.e. TLJ = (TFA + RO)/2 for both OW and Dom LTD.I will go one step further and say that should also be the formula for WW gross, so I would guess

OW = 201MM
LTD = 734MM
WW = 1.56B

That is what I’m expecting as well.

boxoffice.com gave their long term forecast for TLJ and it's pretty reasonable.

OW = 215MM
Dom LTD = 742MM

I said the same thing some time ago, i.e. TLJ = (TFA + RO)/2 for both OW and Dom LTD.I will go one step further and say that should also be the formula for WW gross, so I would guess

OW = 201MM
LTD = 734MM
WW = 1.56B

They're just playing it cautiously. I can't help but think once numbers start getting that bignits damn near impossible to predict this far out.

They're just playing it cautiously. I can't help but think once numbers start getting that bignits damn near impossible to predict this far out.

I remember reading an article from when Jurassic World broke the opening weekend record that said the same thing. That since there are so few comparables when the numbers get that high, that they're basically just guessing at a general range.

It’s interesting how Gerard Butler squandered literally all the popularity he got from 300. I remember everyone having posters of him and being obsessed with that movie.

The fact that his next film right after was a fucking romantic comedy tells me he should've fired his agent.

Then after Gods of Egypt he should've murdered his agent.

DJChuy

I saw Only The Brave yesterday because it was the only one that was getting good reviews this weekend, and it was pretty good. Little slow at times and felt a little long. It was maybe 25% full. This was at 8PM, and the movie had only 4 showings for the day.

Geostorm had around the same amount of people from what I've seen.

AndyVirus

WW = 1.56B
100m short of Jurassic World would surprise me. I've thought all along that big gap between JW and TFA is where this is likely to sit, though closer to the former i.e. 1.75b. But we're still 7 weeks away and have no idea what the hype levels will be internationally. Still pretty muted for now with two big guns to come before then.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
100m short of Jurassic World would surprise me. I've thought all along that big gap between JW and TFA is where this is likely to sit, though closer to the former i.e. 1.75b. But we're still 7 weeks away and have no idea what the hype levels will be internationally. Still pretty muted for now with two big guns to come before then.

It's interesting because only about 100mil separates the two WW. The big difference between the two was how TFA blew up the DoM box office.

It's going be interesting because we know there is much more potential WW than DoM for an increase. If TLJ blows up WW, it can easily account for that 200+ Mil DoM drop.

Would also be interested in box office discord.

And like a dozen other discords for all the other types of things I follow almost exclusively through GAF.

Sigh :|

Would also be interested in box office discord.

And like a dozen other discords for all the other types of things I follow almost exclusively through GAF.

Sigh :|

Yeah pretty much all of my subscribed thread are being bumped with the same question.

For community and convenience sake I'd like this place to keep going, but honestly we're all just playing the waiting game right now.

Discord could be interesting, I suppose.

The fact that his next film right after was a fucking romantic comedy tells me he should've fired his agent.

Then after Gods of Egypt he should've murdered his agent.

At least the Fallen movies are profitable enough. Butler doesn't exactly strike me as the best guy when it comes to picking projects, good or bad agent though.

I heard one exists in another discord. I'd love an invite. One of the few threads I followed even if I didn't post that much in them.

Dumb thing to say, it's the community that matters.

*Shrug* I don't mean it in some bad way, just that there are places to discuss box office and for the community to integrate to if people want to. But if people want to keep it within the current ranks, that's fine as well

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Just in case this is the end, I love you guys. You guys kept a depressed individual like myself reading for years.

Top Bottom