• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Women are better than men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilby

I don't disagree with any of this. I was mostly just pointing out that, in my experience, women are more likely to reach out or to show kindness than men. That doesn't mean that they don't play psychological mind games (though both sexes do this, merely in different ways), merely that, for whatever the superficial quality of "niceness" means, women tend to be "nicer."

I guess so. Although I think the mind games we men play are usually completely transparent to women, similar to when a 5 year old tries to trick you.

low-G

The nicest women I know are more nicer than the nice guys I know, and not just because I want to have sex with them...

...maybe because they want to have sex with me??????

Man

Oh, I thought you said men were more generous. If I understand the paper correctly that is not actually the case.

THRILLH0

Banned
The Devolution-related posts in this thread are pretty creepy. Yeah she says a ton of shit I disagree with and gets away with being more antagonistic than most but the thinly-veiled glee at her absence is gross. It's pretty clear that for a lot of you the username of the poster pisses you of more than its content.

However to her white knights I say that posters get styled on in their absence all the time. Devo isn't a special case. And I'm sure she'll return serve ;)

Ashes

Banned
Oh, I thought you said men were more generous. If I understand the paper correctly that is not actually the case.

The literature if it is to be believed, says, woman overall better, men individually better..

/ I don't get it either.. :)

From the above paper:

The CAF/NCVO UK Giving reports (CAF/NCVO 2006) present brief analyses of gender patterns in giving for the corresponding financial years. In 2005/06, 61% of women and 53% of men gave each month, while the mean amount given was £25 per donor for women, and £29 per donor for men.

Edit: the percentage of women donating is higher as compared to men. But of those that give, men give slightly more.

tiff

Banned
I can't wait until women take over the world so I can write a dumb little article about how much men are better than women without getting called a sexist.

Reversed

As a man I have to say, they are pretty good multitaskers and also take things with ease.

I raise my finger with doubt when it comes to specialization, though. I have seen few exceptions.

squidyj

This entire thread is stupid. It should really just be a list of bizarre statistics that ignore any and all context and are merely used to facetiously state victory.

Like... the number of men to write their name in the snow.... with their own urine.

Number of men who have been in space
SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

godforbid a statistic be influenced by something other than sheer natural genetic ability of those involved.

Ashes

Banned
This entire thread is stupid. It should really just be a list of bizarre statistics that ignore any and all context and are merely used to facetiously state victory.

Like... the number of men to write their name in the snow.... with their own urine.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

godforbid a statistic be influenced by something other than sheer natural genetic ability of those involved.

There is like less than 100 genes between the two major sexes. :p

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Are you space?

Calcaneus

I really like Ebert, but I feel like with this he had a few good points then wrapped a few troll points around them to get people riled up.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So many bitter nerds in this thread. I ctrl+F Devo and my screen populates with more clueless neckbeard virgins than a fucking moe convention. Keep up the good work though, and by good work I mean fantasizing about the day you'll finally hold hands with a girl.

He lost me at his blanket statement of "women are nicer than men". I wouldn't go so far as to say that the opposite is true, but that statement is completely absurd.

And lol @ Timedog and his white knighting.

First sentence is not the clearest.
I think it's saying that in the literature it had been shown that the mean amount given by men was higher than the mean amount given by women, but they actually looked at the distribution and found that women generally give more than men do. I'm guessing this is because the mean is skewed by the very, very wealthy, who tend to be men. Just going on what Man quoted though.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
He lost me at his blanket statement of "women are nicer than men". I wouldn't go so far as to say that the opposite is true, but that statement is completely absurd.

And lol @ Timedog and his white knighting.
Somebody doesn't know what white knighting is.

RawPower

Banned
So many bitter nerds in this thread. I ctrl+F Devo and my screen populates with more clueless neckbeard virgins than a fucking moe convention. Keep up the good work though, and by good work I mean fantasizing about the day you'll finally hold hands with a girl.

You don't need to resort to insults.

Finaika

Hey man, don't be dissing moe.

KillGore

Well men, we had a good run. It's time to pack it in.

We had a good run indeed, 2 million+ years or so (if we include some of our ancestors), so it's time to give the ladies their chance.

I do agree with the article, women are much kinder than men, but that's nature I suppose.

This is kind of a dick move considering that Devo probably has just as many virginal neckbeard fans as she does virginal neckbeard haters.

edit: welp. that boat has sailed.

This is kind of a dick move considering that Devo probably has just as many virginal neckbeard fans as she does virginal neckbeard haters.

edit: welp. that boat has sailed.
I was gonna ask Timedog how she got banned. We didn't always agree but I certainly respected her. Actually one of my favorite posters.

Looks like she'll be outside more. :(

I was gonna ask Timedog how she got banned. We didn't always agree but I certainly respected her. Actually one of my favorite posters.

Looks like she'll be outside more. :(
Pretty sure she got banned for always being so belligerent. Seems like a fairly safe assumption.
Does GAF always need to have a joke character? Can't both blamespace and timedog serve their ban period at the same time? Hell I'd prefer DrEggman.
There must always be a Batman.

Zoe

Its certainly not a clear gender divide but from what i've witnessed the genders tend to like the other more than their own, especially when it comes to work. That's not mind blowing at all but i've rarely come across different.

My mom, sister, aunts, girlfriend and female Co workers absolutely hate working with and for other females. They day they're manipulative, saboteurs, and incredibly emotionally inconsistent. That they'd much rather work for a guy boss because women tend to bring their baggage and take it out on the job or coworkers. The stories i've been told about sabotaging careers out situations because they didn't like them for some unknown reason seemed insane to me.

On the opposite end I've had basically nothing but positive experiences with female bosses our coworkers

Yep. When I worked for companies in IT, I almost always had better experiences working with my male coworkers. I couldn't supervise other women without becoming the bad guy. Women on the same level were difficult to work with due to all the passive aggressiveness and moodiness when things didn't go the right way (I can work around anger--don't want anything to do with tears).

Maybe it's an IT thing though. Now that I'm in education, I'm surrounded by women (and all older at that). I don't have any issues working with anyone professionally, but it is still a lot harder to relate due to the differences in age and interests compared to my male coworkers.

totowhoa

Banned
Does GAF always need to have a joke character? Can't both blamespace and timedog serve their ban period at the same time? Hell I'd prefer DrEggman.

Let's not get carried away. :p

I haven't read this whole thread yet, but I'm looking forward to it (particularly since it looks like some interesting articles/studies have been posted). Demography is a very interesting field to me, so I love topics like this.

What happened to blame space?

Could have been anything knowing him, but I think he's back now.

FyreWulff

Its certainly not a clear gender divide but from what i've witnessed the genders tend to like the other more than their own, especially when it comes to work. That's not mind blowing at all but i've rarely come across different.

My mom, sister, aunts, girlfriend and female Co workers absolutely hate working with and for other females. They day they're manipulative, saboteurs, and incredibly emotionally inconsistent. That they'd much rather work for a guy boss because women tend to bring their baggage and take it out on the job or coworkers. The stories i've been told about sabotaging careers out situations because they didn't like them for some unknown reason seemed insane to me.

On the opposite end I've had basically nothing but positive experiences with female bosses our coworkers

Before I went into the working world, my mom herself warned me to never work at a place mostly staffed by women. She told me she completely hated working with other women.

I thought she was being silly. Then I worked at a library staffed by 95% women.

Oh my god never again.

squidyj

Before I went into the working world, my mom herself warned me to never work at a place mostly staffed by women. She told me she completely hated working with other women.

I thought she was being silly. Then I worked at a library staffed by 95% women.

Oh my god never again.

I'd like to thank you for making perfectly clear exactly what your mother was referring to and what you experienced.

Yeah, that's a snarky tone but I'm not trying to dismiss you, I'm actually curious as I've never worked in such a situation.

Ra1den

Women are most definitely better than men. The world was a much more peaceful place when Goddess worship was the norm. Once the patriarchal religions took over, things went downhill in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom