• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman now tracking to have opening on par with other DCEU movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alienfan

This movie was significantly cheaper than the other DC films (and most blockbusters) to make and isn't Batman or Superman, I doubt the Studio's expectations are going to be that high. I really don't see how the film won't be successful

Xero

kinda surprised on people wanting a solo black widow movie. I mean if it was based on the comic character more, then yeah she's a great character. The MCU version I dont know if she could hold a movie well solo. The russos might be able to nail it possibly and make her more interesting.

Potter and LOTR are understandable. FF is an anomaly lol. I guess transformers is a good one. Still not sure how that makes so much money

Isn't it largely held up by the global market? I recall reading Transformers 4: Age of the Moon of the Fallen Extinction Whatever performed poorly in the US, relative to previous films, but did incredibly well in China and other markets.

combine42

Neo Member
Isn't it largely held up by the global market? I recall reading Transformers 4: Age of the Moon of the Fallen Extinction Whatever performed poorly in the US, relative to previous films, but did incredibly well in China and other markets.

Ya, those films are massive in china.

Mario007

No film can get to the 1 billion club based only on one territory.

wachie

Boxoffixe.com, ya know the usual site we use for movie projects.
There's a difference between a tracking versus a prediction, the case here being the latter from a website with shaky "socio-metrics" method to arrive at that.

If a movie fails to hit it's tracking, thats an under-performance. If a movie fails to hit a prediction, well that's none of the movie's problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom