• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/02: Netherlands Vs. Brazil, Ghana vs Uruguay |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

confuziz

Banned
The first goal of the netherlands (the own goal by felipe melo) is getting awarded to Sneijder after all.

So 4 goals by Sneijder this WC!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
confuziz said:
The first goal of the netherlands (the own goal by felipe melo) is getting awarded to Sneijder after all.

So 4 goals by Sneijder this WC!

Sneijder is boss.

he had one free kick during the game, it was just a bullet straight at the goalie. I'm sure the goalie peed himself, just a little.

Tf53

mclem said:
However, there's no way I can say that you should be able to *win* the game by handballing, which is what happened.
No, that's not what happened. They avoided defeat by handballing, at least for a minute. Then they avoided defeat again thanks to Gyan. They actually won the game during the penalty shoot-out.

mclem

Tf53 said:
No, that's not what happened. They avoided defeat by handballing, at least for a minute. Then they avoided defeat again thanks to Gyan. They actually won the game during the penalty shoot-out.

Well, you need to avoid defeat to be able to be in a position to win.

Whenever I watch F1 lately, there's often a discussion about one of the rules about cutting corners; the fact that you are penalised if you cut a corner and gain a place as a result of it. One commentator tends to add that he gets quite annoyed that cutting a corner *to ensure you don't lose a place* isn't equally punished.

This feels similar.

faridmon

1278097338050_352.jpg

Norweigian papers are ripping Robben apart after that diving show he let us watched last night.

http://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/vm/2010/artikkel.php?artid=10009992

''Robben is a circus-clown'':lol

Arjen

I maybe biased :roleyes:
But i really didn't see that much diving, in his Chelsea days it was way worse.
They were fucking hammering om him from the first minute.
But hey Euro player=diver here on GAF.

faridmon

Sadist said:
They are still bitter about their weak perfomance during the qualification rounds ;)
oh shut up, don't even go there.
Arjen said:
I maybe biased :roleyes:
But i really didn't see that much diving, in his Chelsea days it was way worse.
They were fucking hammering om him from the first minute.
But hey Euro player=diver here on GAF.
well to be honest with you, it is pretty infested in the european football, especially in the international scene. Yeah, Robbens not the only one. But seeing aplayer as great player doing stuff like that is just heart breaking.

Also, hammering him don't give him the freedom of diving as much especially that the Ref was doing his job and they would get the cards anyway.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
faridmon said:
oh shut up, don't even go there.

Norway were shit. If it weren't for us self-destructing and picking crap strikers that can't score from 2 metres you'd have come third.

Sadist

Oh touchy aren't we :lol

Yes, Robben dived once, but here everyone seems to forget that Brazil had a "let's kick Robben around" game going. Seriously.

faridmon

industrian said:
Norway were shit. If it weren't for us self-destructing and picking crap strikers that can't score from 2 metres you'd have come third.
were. Now that we changed the manger we aren't. Just because the press is opening the eyes of its reader you don't have to bring the history of crappiness of Norway. Classy...

wait, scottish?:lol :lol
Sadist said:
because there is no point to the disscussion. yes Norway is rubbish and theyy aren't in World Cup, but that is just the press talking about the World Cup, nothing else.

If anything you should attack the press.

msv

Sadist said:
Yes, Robben dived once, but here everyone seems to forget that Brazil had a "let's kick Robben around" game going. Seriously.
Meh. Diving is going down when you aren't touched or didn't have to avoid anything. He touched the brazilian player with his shin to his back when he had to jump. Robben going down on that tackle was just a bit of an exaggeration.

Not that I fucking care. If people are defending Suarez here you certainly need to shut the fuck up, because this compares in no way to that.

faridmon

Always-honest said:
was norway even there?
no, they were too crap to be there.
Anasui Kishibe said:
they're accusing him of diving? That's bullshit man. He was on the ball the entire game and they just had to stop him
oh I forgot to say: Norwegian press is just ruubbish but they seem to have the idea of them understanding where the Brazils frustration come from.

industrian

faridmon said:
were. Now that we changed the manger we aren't. Just because the press is opening the eyes of its reader you don't have to bring the history of crappiness of Norway. Classy...

wait, scottish?:lol :lol

I'm Scottish. My grandfather is Dutch. My Dutch genetics gave me a 2 metres tall body and lactose tolerance. Ergo, they are my second team.

If we had still had either Walter Smith or Alex McLeish in charge and not that dobber George Burley then we would have probably come second in the group and qualified through the playoffs.

faridmon

industrian said:
I'm Scottish. My grandfather is Dutch. My Dutch genetics gave me a 2 metres tall body and lactose tolerance. Ergo, they are my second team.

If we had still had either Walter Smith or Alex McLeish in charge and not that dobber George Burley then we would have probably come second in the group and qualified through the playoffs.
I don't disagree with this at all. We drew against Icland of all teams. Just shows how crap we were :/

But we did beat scottland 4 - 0 though :lol

industrian

faridmon said:
I don't disagree with this at all. We drew against Icland of all teams. Just shows how crap we were :/

But we did beat scottland 4 - 0 though :lol

We lost to Macedonia as well.

And I blame Chris Iwelumo. Why he got a game over Kris Boyd I'll never know.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqkShPKgAbw

Overall it was a shit group. Everyone knew the writing on the wall when the group was announced. The fact the Dutch team steamrolled through it with 8 wins in 8 games says it all really.

Norway have an easier job to qualify for Euro 2012 than Scotland though.

markao

faridmon said:
no, they were too crap to be there.
oh I forgot to say: Norwegian press is just ruubbish but they seem to have the idea of them understanding where the Brazils frustration come from.
Zonalmarkings analysis: Holland 2-1 Brazil: poor defending from set-plays costs Dunga

This meant that Robben was involved in build-up play much more than in the first half, and although he produced little in the way of goalscoring opportunities, he stretched the play and drew fouls from Bastos. Indeed, the Lyon player was lucky not to be sent-off for his succession of poor tackles, and the final offence resulted in the free-kick for Holland’s equaliser.

You can look it at anyway you want to, but Bastos had IMHO only job to do for his coach and that was kick Robben. Compare it with his previous matches in this WC were he did not do anything like it ;)

Sadist

faridmon said:
wait, scottish?:lol :lolbecause there is no point to the disscussion. yes Norway is rubbish and theyy aren't in World Cup, but that is just the press talking about the World Cup, nothing else.

If anything you should attack the press.
Norway press still bitter about their absence. Got it.

Arjen

Fio said:
wow at people pretending they didn't see Robben's diving-fest.

Whatever, GAF cry's about diving whenver a euro team is playing, i don't take those comments serious anymore.

Jinjo

Sadist said:

This. The ref should've handed a yellow card after the second foul on Robben to set a bar. He didn't and things got out of hand.

faridmon

industrian said:
We lost to Macedonia as well.

And I blame Chris Iwelumo. Why he got a game over Kris Boyd I'll never know.

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqkShPKgAbw

Overall it was a shit group. Everyone knew the writing on the wall when the group was announced. The fact the Dutch team steamrolled through it with 8 wins in 8 games says it all really.

Norway have an easier job to qualify for Euro 2012 than Scotland though.
and just watch that we don't qualify for that as well:lol

the Norwegian Football federation is stupid and unorginaised. The current manager is hired and the nest da they just announced '' oh if we don't go to Euro 2012 its going to be another manager who will take the job'' bloody stupid. There is no stability at all.

I envy Danmark, they have Olson for 10 years,

and the group was crap, yeah I agree. Scotland. I think, would [erform much better if they were in another group.

markao

Cerebral Assassin said:
Van Persie is having a scan on his arm according to Sky Sports, any better info from Holland?
News is in now ;) and nothing serious, van Persie and Mathijsen are fit to play against Uruguay.

Salsa

Nyx said:
What bothers me the most is his reaction afterwards, I surely hope we punish Uruguay on tuesday for it.

We won. He saw the chance to keep fighting for the win, we havent been in this world cup position since 1970.

Seriously, can you blame the guy for being happy ? for fucks sake people.

And yeah, again: free kick was no foul, and then it was offside.

Baki

SalsaShark said:
We won. He saw the chance to keep fighting for the win, we havent been in this world cup position since 1970.

Seriously, can you blame the guy for being happy ? for fucks sake people.

And yeah, again: free kick was no foul, and then it was offside.

lol, Don't blame Sauzer. He's a fucking legend in my eyes. hahaha

Roi

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life, me and my friend managed to buy a ticket for the Netherlands-Brazil game from the Dutch football association. The game was so intense, blood going to our vains at maximum speed and I didn't sleep at the 10hour bus drive from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth... I didn't cry when the ref blew his whistle but I did felt some intense enjoyment!

Cool bonus, I was sitting 2 rows being the Dutch players wifes (Yolanthe, Silvie vna der Vaart) :D !

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
catfish said:
No.

Maybe there does need to be, but there isn't. Right now what he did was legendary.

However, he also fucked Uruguay, they have to beat Netherlands without one of their best strikers and probably highest goal scorers.

but then, they wouldn't have got there without. He jumped on the grenade for the team. Incredible play :lol
We were fucked beforehand, due to the yellows and injuries.
Besides Suarez, there are a bunch that can´t play next match: Fucile, Ruso Perez, Lodeiro, Lugano...

markao

Roi said:
Yesterday was one of the best days of my life, me and my friend managed to buy a ticket for the Netherlands-Brazil game from the Dutch football association. The game was so intense, blood going to our vains at maximum speed and I didn't sleep at the 10hour bus drive from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth... I didn't cry when the ref blew his whistle but I did felt some intense enjoyment!

Cool bonus, I was sitting 2 rows being the Dutch players wifes (Yolanthe, Silvie vna der Vaart) :D !
As I just replied in the other thread, you lucky bastard and waar zijn de fotos :D

MMaRsu

Banned
Roi said:

Wat de fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

zet fotos op je facebook gek

neorej

ERMYGERD!
It's funny how people go on about Robben's dives, but fail to mention the constant attacks on his ankles from the kick-off and the dives by Kaka, Fabiano, Robinho and Lucio. God, I love these bitter tears, makes victory taste so much sweeter :lol

n0n44m

Tf53 said:
Hey Oranje fans, who will Marwijk play instead of Wonderwheel?

Boulahrouz seems the most likely option as he also played in that position against Cameroon and was very convincing in his defensive actions

don't expect any attacking bonus from him though ;)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Insane Metal said:
So Robben didn't dive huh? Ok then.

The victory was deserved, Brazil slept the second half, but he DID dive. Many many times.

I would actually almost like to watch the entire game over to count them.. Brazil were kicking the shit out of the guy AS WELL. If he was diving, then that shit was a good idea. Also, his biggest 'dive' he got stomped on.

If Brazil didn't hit him so hard all the time, he wouldn't have the oppurtunity to dive. Diving sux, but it's a part of the game he succeeded at it.

n0n44m

the only dive was when van der Wiel dropped himself (which was completely stupid as well as he was in a good situation to pass)

what Robben did do 1 or 2 times was exaggerating and dramatizing the pain somewhat, but from the first minute onwards they did intentionally foul him by kicking out at his ankles and calves which is seriously more painful than just tripping someone :lol

Roi

markao said:
As I just replied in the other thread, you lucky bastard and waar zijn de fotos :D

K0Eh7.png

7v9eK.png

(I'm the guy on the right, this was during the Netherlands-Brazil game)

vDIlM.png

sk4Ey.png

(During Germany-Argentina)

M31xc.png

(Cameroonian guy, Moroccan guy, Argentinean journalist, friend and me. Oh yeah, that guy in the back was some lazy Mexican :lol )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom