• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjooh

I've been trying to make gold off Cata greens because people swear it works with time. I haven't had a ton of luck so far, but I get so much that I'll keep at it for a while since it's decent Embersilk.

I'm not even sure WHY these greens are supposed to sell so much. People I talked to said it 's mostly people leveling who want better gear, but I'm kind of like, 'I'm not exactly having issues leveling with greens form Outlands while in Pandaria' due to Heirlooms carrying my dps. And I'd say it's for DEers, but TUJ lists these items at like anywhere from 100-3000 gold, which I have a hard time buying. It's clearly not transmoggers either. Do people twink at 75+ish? Is that the hot bracket?

I've been preaching about the selling of greens on AH in this thread quite a bit, so I thought i'd elaborate a bit.

The reason it sells:

• People are lazy
  • Everyone doesn't have heirlooms
  • People do PVP
  • People do transmog
Now I would recommend not only going for Cata greens. I'd advise against it actually as you're over-saturating the market really fast. I would change your farming routines up. Go farm Windweave, do some old dungeons (I did two quick clearings of Stockades while waiting for a mate to come online, netted me a lvl 24 ring of the monkey, selling for 380g)

Go clear all the old raids, anything so you aren't posting the same greens on the AH from Cataclysm.

The trick is pretty much having a wide variety of greens, and having a lot of them. I have around 550 on AH right now, and while I only sell a very small part of them pr. day (5-10%) it's always different ones selling, and it might take a while for that Spirit/Stamina sword to sell for 150g, but 9 times out of 10, it'll sell. (If you follow TUJ prices)

For your last question, I don't know if it's that common, but a couple of friends and I 'Twinked' our way to 90. Only levelling in BG's and buying the best gear available at each level. Insanely expensive, and incredibly fun.

Anywho, if you're only gonna farm Embersilk, you're probably better off picking out the good ones you want to sell, as you'll quickly hit a point where only 1-2% of your greens sell.

Rokam

One more mount down! 8 more for 200. Been slacking majorly on Argent Tournament dailies.
4REZy53.png

glaurung

I am not in the beta and I don't think I'd have time for it right now anyhow.

But I am interested as to how the game play and numbers look like at level 1. Has someone made some level 1 beta character (preferably an undead) and simply played the opening area of the beta? A video would be nice...

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
I am not in the beta and I don't think I'd have time for it right now anyhow.

But I am interested as to how the game play and numbers look like at level 1. Has someone made some level 1 beta character (preferably an undead) and simply played the opening area of the beta? A video would be nice...

Last I checked some of the stats seemed off. There was no armor on any of the items, you were around the same damage numbers, intellect looked like it had increased from the small numbers and you're getting more stamina for less.
I wasn't sure if a lot of it was intentional or whether "fixing" low levels would come later.

glaurung

Last I checked some of the stats seemed off. There was no armor on any of the items, you were around the same damage numbers, intellect looked like it had increased from the small numbers and you're getting more stamina for less.
I wasn't sure if a lot of it was intentional or whether "fixing" low levels would come later.
OK, I'll leave it for now then.

I am curious at how the low level post-squish game play looks like. Since I am intent on rolling a couple of totally fresh characters in WoD, I am genuinely interested in whether I will be hitting for 1 damage normal and 3 damage critical. Plus beginning area mob HP counters etc.

Dunkley

Out of curiousity, do you need to do the Valor stuff in order to get to the next chapter on the Legendary Cloak questline or can you continue to the next chapter just with the required reputation level?

Also, I've added myself to the bottom of the player list since I can't tell how it is sorted. I hope that's alright. Be sure to tell me if there's such thing as a GAF Guild. I would love to play with some gaffers at some point.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member

I am curious at how the low level post-squish game play looks like. Since I am intent on rolling a couple of totally fresh characters in WoD, I am genuinely interested in whether I will be hitting for 1 damage normal and 3 damage critical. Plus beginning area mob HP counters etc.

I may be wrong but I don't think the squish affects much until level 60. From what I understood they really only flattened the expansion curve. Under 60 should be large unaffected.

Damage seems pretty similar to on live.

Dinjooh

Out of curiousity, do you need to do the Valor stuff in order to get to the next chapter on the Legendary Cloak questline or can you continue to the next chapter just with the required reputation level?

Also, I've added myself to the bottom of the player list since I can't tell how it is sorted. I hope that's alright. Be sure to tell me if there's such thing as a GAF Guild. I would love to play with some gaffers at some point.

I'm currently on the 'Get 3000 Valor' part, and there doesn't seem to be any way to skip this no matter your reputation level (I'm exalted).

Worst part is, it's only counting around half the Valor i've made so far, so this has taken 4 weeks so far.

Tacitus_

I can take a couple screenshots later today, if I can stay connected to the beta for more than a minute at a time.

glaurung

I can take a couple screenshots later today, if I can stay connected to the beta for more than a minute at a time.
Much obliged.

I cannot really wrap my head around how they'd squish the massive numbers post-60 content and not below it.

Is the beta so buggy that you cannot remain on for more than a few minutes or are the servers so much in demand that they cannot keep up?

Tacitus_

Much obliged.

I cannot really wrap my head around how they'd squish the massive numbers post-60 content and not below it.

Is the beta so buggy that you cannot remain on for more than a few minutes or are the servers so much in demand that they cannot keep up?

The servers were taking a beating yesterday but today? Fuck if I know. Bunch of small rollbacks and everyone just getting disconnected all the time.

Tacitus_

Here you go, a fresh UD warrior straight out of the grave. Two melee auto attack swings to kill one of the first mobs you can see. Server is still unstable as hell (I got DCd once just doing this, :lol)

(oh and UD NPCs have hilarious texturing bugs)

Fjordson

The 3K valor is required no matter what. Can't progress past that step. Sort of a bummer at this point.

One more mount down! 8 more for 200. Been slacking majorly on Argent Tournament dailies.
4REZy53.png
Wow, grats man! One of my favourite ground mounts in the game, really hope I can get it to drop eventually. Been solo'ing that shit every week on two 90's.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I should start selling 2v2 wins on my server. Everyone's so bad at PVP on there, and I can just burst down one guy as enhancement and focus the other.

Hixx

I have a spare beta key. I'm fairly sure it will work but I cannot guarantee it though I see no reason as to why it won't work. I got it through IGN Prime.

I'm fairly happy to give it to someone itt but if you want it, please actually use rather than asking for it just because you're bored tonight. I think that's fair.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719613.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hixx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warlords of Draenor Beta -- MB-76DB7EC525A0EAA8 - Taken by Sax Russel. 6 entrants total.
t1405978603z1.png

Magnus

What's the story behind the thread title? I feel like we have too big a pool of WoW terminology and jokes to not do better. Unless there's a joke I'm missing. Lol

Hixx

What's the story behind the thread title? I feel like we have too big a pool of WoW terminology and jokes to not do better. Unless there's a joke I'm missing. Lol

No flying in WoD, at least initially.

It's a BTTF reference, I believe.

Is all the old world dungeon content available in the beta right now? First thing I want to do is see how DK soloing holds up, at both 90 and 100 XD

Neverfade

Is all the old world dungeon content available in the beta right now? First thing I want to do is see how DK soloing holds up, at both 90 and 100 XD

I can't speak for all content, but a funny anecdote: I took a 100 DK into Firelands and absolutely wrecked everything. 3 million + Obliterate crits, 500k Howling Blasts. It was like walking a 90 through Ragefire. I assume they haven't tuned up some of the old content to work proper with the squish.

Peachpies

I can't speak for all content, but a funny anecdote: I took a 100 DK into Firelands and absolutely wrecked everything. 3 million + Obliterate crits, 500k Howling Blasts. It was like walking a 90 through Ragefire. I assume they haven't tuned up some of the old content to work proper with the squish.
that is how it is supposed to be, old content is not going to be squished instead there is a new mechanic where you take less damage from and deal more damage to creatures from previous expansions. Also all the old content is available.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Any idea when we can expect a release date to be announced? I'm thinking of coming back and starting up a new character once the expansion drops.

Neverfade

that is how it is supposed to be, old content is not going to be squished instead there is a new mechanic where you take less damage from and deal more damage to creatures from previous expansions. Also all the old content is available.

Interesting. 3 million crits are way overkill, even in FL though, and it seems to go counter intuitive to the whole reason they squished stats in the first place.

Not that I'm complaining. Easy Firelands xmog stuff is fine by me.

Any idea when we can expect a release date to be announced? I'm thinking of coming back and starting up a new character once the expansion drops.

Last two expansions' release dates were announced two months in advance. So... expect an announcement by October 21st at the latest?

ampere

We got 2 pulls in on Gruul. Keep DCing lol.

On the pulls we did get the Shadow Priest who has Dragonwrath equipped was doing insane damage and kept pulling threat. It scales up and seems to be bugged

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
3s with my friends are fun, but I don't think they're near as into Arena as they are RBGs. Which kind of sucks because I really don't know how to go looking for people to do 3s with. Oqeuue is just full of people who want to be carried, and if i want to find them on my server, it almost seems like the only way is by joining their guilds. Which I'm not gonna do.

Dat scaling. Firelands 10m normal on beta (at 90) feels like Naxx 10 on live. At 100 Cata 25m heroics will probably be just as faceroll. Especially with any kind of decent gear.

Talents

Banned
Me and my friend are doing 2v2 arena, we only have 1 pvp piece of gear with the rest being timeless. We're DPS/DPS and can win about 60% of matches even against geared people. However we can never beat Healer/DPS. Does anyone have any tips for this matchup?

witness

I was on a staycation the past week so I had a lot of time to play. I got my shaman into SoO and through the first 3 wings. He has a few drops so far, one fist weapon, trinket, and other bits. Also got lucky and got another weapon from the heroic scenario quest. Still have to get rid of too many 496 timeless pieces. It's a lot of fun though.

I also played a bit of my hunter and got a few pieces of gear. I'm changing to survival from BM for a change of pace. I do enjoy it but I hate having to reforge literally every piece if gear. I'm set on my hunter being my WoD main.

lazygecko

Fantastic choice, though since I'm a TBC kid this one does it for me.

Though some of the music of Pandaria is incredible. Jeremy Soule man, Jeremy Soule.

I think Cataclysm actually has the best music out of them all. Largely thanks to a much greater involvement by David Arkenstone. The expansions all sound fairly different from eachother due to involvements from different composers which is nice. Vanilla was largely Jason Hayes. The Burning Crusade saw more involvement from Matt Uelmen of Diablo fame. They both left Blizzard afterwards but Jason Hayes is back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom