• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Fjordson

Dope thread! So hyped for WoD.

Also, I just got the Horseman's Reins with like 15 minutes left on Hallow's End...so shocked. I've had bad mount luck for months. Thank you WoW gods.

strafer

Is the Blasted Lands portal going to go away once the expansion release and the pre-expansion quests are gone? It's the fastest way for my Horde characters to Karazhan for farming the mount.

Hopefully the portal will go back to normal once WoD launches.

vocab

What kind of UI mods are you guys using? I'm finding it kind of hard to process the information in raids (just doing LFR stuff) and I feel like healing on my Priest in groups could be a bit easier. The stock health bars in groups aren't the easiest to follow.

Any suggestions?

Everything I'm using right here.
VFWpmb1.jpg

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
What kind of UI mods are you guys using? I'm finding it kind of hard to process the information in raids (just doing LFR stuff) and I feel like healing on my Priest in groups could be a bit easier. The stock health bars in groups aren't the easiest to follow.

Any suggestions?

For heals you need good unit frames, like xperl or shadow. However, the default ui shit isn't that bad nowadays, especially because it defaults to grouping by role. It also makes the dispells pretty easy to see. I personally never liked healbot but a lot do.

dude on the above screenshot is NOT playing on a 40 inch tv.. must be a pve scrub

Is the Blasted Lands portal going to go away once the expansion release and the pre-expansion quests are gone? It's the fastest way for my Horde characters to Karazhan for farming the mount.

There's another portal in the troll area that takes you straight to Hellfire Peninsula. Even if the other portal goes away for some reason, you should be able to take that and reverse through the dark portal from Outland to the Blasted Lands.

Crazy, EH?

Hixx

Always been a portal to Blasted Lands in Orgrimmar, it just used to be in the Troll area near the Mage/portal trainers iirc. So if the current one does go with the WoD launch, check the Troll area.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
This is my warrior so far

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Ebolawarrior/simple

Do I keep doing lfr to improve my gear? Or should I do UBRS?

Don't worry about the name either, they just made me change it ^
After suspending me :(

go to timeless and grab a 496 trink at least, otherwise you can tank ubrs fine assuming you have dps. i tanked it at 510 on the dot on my war, but honestly lfr is better in terms of loot chances. the 550 sword at the end bout the only good thing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Alright GAF, I switched to horde for this expansion, I'd like to play a DK tank, and I just hit 90, got to 504 ilvl and am wondering where to go next. I'd like to see some content but am a little worried about going into ToT as a freshly geared tank. I've done timeless isle chest farming and the pre-WoD quests for my items.

Any suggestions on where to go?

Most reliable/easiest method is to farm honor doing PvP stuff to get the ilvl 550 gear. It's super boring, though, if you aren't a huge PvP fan.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I had one of these bad boys. It's run out now though, so I've slowed down considerably. I'm tanking dungeons, and I haven't had any issues.

Lucky. I've never seen one :(

Just hit 90 on my warrior. 89-90 took like just over an hour and I wasted some time opening up the Vale.

Is it just me or does it seem like the game performance got optimized after 6.0? I feel like my 25 man raids are hitting 60fps on High settings, whereas they weren't before. It almost feels like Blizz finally started to utilize our GPUs...maybe?

Also do you guys know if putting WoW on an SSD has any benefit?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is it just me or does it seem like the game performance got optimized after 6.0? I feel like my 25 man raids are hitting 60fps on High settings, whereas they weren't before. It almost feels like Blizz finally started to utilize our GPUs...maybe?

WoD in general runs a lot smoother for most people.

Loxley

VFWpmb1.jpg

As one of the many unfortunate Paladins who were forced into healing roles in the days of 40-man raids, this pic gave me some serious Vietnam-flashbacks to how my UI looked in vanilla.

Never again.

JSoup

Banned
VFWpmb1.jpg

UIs like this are why I never watch WoW streams. Everyone is using a mixture of crazy addons that just make the screen a hot mess.

I use the default layout, with that monster tracker Tom Tom thing and Factionizer, when it works.

vocab

Yes, and yes. I've noticed a big jump in raids, however, i'm feeling some newer world lag that i haven't before. Loading takes a while in the world too during the first load. My model is invisible for like 15-20 secs. I'm gonna upgrade my pc in a few months with an ssd. I can't wait.

StayDead

Yes, and yes. I've noticed a big jump in raids, however, i'm feeling some newer world lag that i haven't before. Loading takes a while in the world too during the first load. My model is invisible for like 15-20 secs. I'm gonna upgrade my pc in a few months with an ssd. I can't wait.

Fairly certain the loading thing is a server overload issue. I'm getting the same thing.

I started yet another character today, a belf warrior on my friends server. X_X

StayDead

belf war best war

I'd be lying if I said it wasn't because I like belf females. If he bothers to stick around playing I'm going to make an undead female warlock so I don't have to make another mage. Hopefully if he's interested we can level in dungeons together with me as tank, him as healer and someone else we know as a DPS but he's only on his 7 day free trial :p

Fjordson

Fairly certain the loading thing is a server overload issue. I'm getting the same thing.

I started yet another character today, a belf warrior on my friends server. X_X
I get the same thing. My performance is fine overall, but certain NPC's and objects sometimes take a bit longer to load into view than they used to. It's weird.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
VFWpmb1.jpg

Sweet! Where do I sign up for all of that?! :D

For heals you need good unit frames, like xperl or shadow. However, the default ui shit isn't that bad nowadays, especially because it defaults to grouping by role. It also makes the dispells pretty easy to see. I personally never liked healbot but a lot do.

dude on the above screenshot is NOT playing on a 40 inch tv.. must be a pve scrub

Thanks! I'll check out those unit frames.

I still can't believe how few UI customization options are available by default.

I'm an expert

Sweet! Where do I sign up for all of that?! :D

Thanks! I'll check out those unit frames.

I still can't believe how few UI customization options are available by default.

Until xperl gets an official wod update I'm just running shadow. It's not bad but I prefer xperl's insane customization level.

I don't run shit like bossmods because the game already smacks you over the head with every possible thing a boss does nowadays, but if you're a healer it's good to have some sort of countdown timer for things.

Chris R

I think I can get my remaining characters to 90 by 11/13... I think

85-90 really sped up, or maybe I'm just imagining things. Almost 87 and I'm still only half way through starting zone quests in Panderia.

vocab

Where the hell is the quest giver for Macabre Marionette. I can't find him/her anywhere in the graveyards.

I like to keep my UI pretty clean and as close to stock UI as I can.

Only things I use are nMainbar, MikScrollingCombatText, DBM, PlateBuffs, Prat, Scrap, Auctioneer, MoveAnything and Postal. The less addons I can get away with, the better.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Apart from DBM I don't use any mods. I think the default UI works great. I've tried using Recount but it works poorly in 640x480, and it crashed a lot for me.

StayDead

I like to keep my UI pretty clean and as close to stock UI as I can.

Only things I use are nMainbar, MikScrollingCombatText, DBM, PlateBuffs, Prat, Scrap, Auctioneer, MoveAnything and Postal. The less addons I can get away with, the better.

nMainBar brothers unite!

Insert Grid above my form bar and under my portrait. Decursiv sits to the left of that.

Rokam

Everyone at works picks what Saturdays to work this month and since I'm the lowest on the totem pole I go last... and of course I get the 15th :(.

lazygecko

I am trying to trim down the fat on my action bar display now that we've had so much ability pruning. Would like to have as few of them onscreen as possible but still get a good overview on ability cooldowns. What do you think is the best approach? Should I use a separate addon to display time left on cooldown abilities?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I am trying to trim down the fat on my action bar display now that we've had so much ability pruning. Would like to have as few of them onscreen as possible but still get a good overview on ability cooldowns. What do you think is the best approach? Should I use a separate addon to display time left on cooldown abilities?

Check interface > ActionBars. It's there by default now.

Fularu

Banned
There's another portal in the troll area that takes you straight to Hellfire Peninsula. Even if the other portal goes away for some reason, you should be able to take that and reverse through the dark portal from Outland to the Blasted Lands.

Crazy, EH?
You can't go through the portal

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So Earth Elemental seems to be the epitome of useless right now. They nerfed his damage so you stop using him as a damage CD which is fine. But he can't hold threat at all. Like can't even hold it for 2 seconds.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So Earth Elemental seems to be the epitome of useless right now. They nerfed his damage so you stop using him as a damage CD which is fine. But he can't hold threat at all. Like can't even hold it for 2 seconds.

yeah, I am going to unbind it.

RIP.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Finally changed my mage to a human. Gotta say, i really got that "alliance mage" look right. :p Also switched back my draenei pally set to Crystalforge, because.. why not? It fits too!
h388JlX.png
i9watZs.png

lazygecko

There is new stuff at the Darkmoon Faire. Some new dailies like flying a jetpack through checkpoints. And there's a Gilnean NPC that sells a bunch of new stuff. I bought a toy called Haunting Memento (NOT the same as Haunted Memento) which lets you put a 15 minute debuff on anyone that does a bunch of random effects every 3 minutes.

Top Bottom