• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
season 2 arena easily best mage mog, what I use too.. grabbed a heroic run on my war for tank weap too. all chars done.

ampere

Dang I was up there on post count

That looks a lot like RealUI. Customized a bit.

I've found that in 6.0 there's no real reason for me (yet) to have an obscene amount of addons. I have bartender to arrange a bar like the Naga pad just because my brain is dumb and can't handle it unless it's shaped like the Naga keypad, and Moveanything, just to make the Health Bars bigger. The less addons you have, the faster the game loads.

Look at how many gaps I have on my bars already. I just can't get used to having some abilities off my naga buttons. But the fact is the nagas are all but obsolete now.

No cast bar addon? Can be good to have one to see ticks on channels like Malefic Grasp to know a good time to interrupt the channel if needed. I like quartz. Also shows latency estimate

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Dang I was up there on post count

No cast bar addon? Can be good to have one to see ticks on channels like Malefic Grasp to know a good time to interrupt the channel if needed. I like quartz. Also shows latency estimate

I'm destro and demo, if I switch back to afflic I'll get it. I used the Pitbull cast bar up until now.

There's hardly any server side latency with casting anymore it's about 5x more responsive, it's not really needed anyway.

Ultratech

I'll just list all of what I use for UI stuff since everyone else is!

-Xperl: Been using it for years and I like how it looks. (I can't stand using stock Unit Frames; they hurt to look at and they always gave me issues when I moved them.)
-Bagnon: I'd been told to try it for a while now, and finally started using it pretty recently, so it's pretty handy to have everything open up in one big window (and track items across chars).
-Bartender4: Not much to say. I like bars. I like to move bars. I also like to lock bars and buttons.
-Glance: Like Titan Panel essentially. Shows you a bunch of stuff at the top.
-TidyPlates: To make enemy nameplates slightly less of a mess or whatever.
-Skada: Like Recount, but lighter!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I read the gear from the various Orc clans aren't soulbound, or something similar to that. So you don't have to use your plot for that if that's all you wanted. My question is, will the transmogable enchants be the same way, where you can sell scrolls of enchanting 'transmog'? From what I've look up, it sounds like it's not, but that could be outdated info at this point. It just seems like something everyone should have access to in some from or another without having to dedicate a plot on every alt that you want enchanting transmog on.

ZenaxPure

Wasn't really planning on playing the expansion at launch but a friend offered to buy it for me so we could play together, so I guess I am in again. Also haven't been paying attention to any of the expansion stuff all year so I will mostly be going in blind. Went in pretty blind with MoP and ended up enjoying it way more because everything was a big surprise. Pretty excited.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Hm, interesting I might go at DS if its soloable now. Do you have to do the raid at a certain difficulty for it to drop?

Blazing Drake is normal/heroic, Life-Binders Hand Maiden is Heroic only.

For some reason I haven't been able to figure out how to go into Dragon Soul 7/8 and switch it to heroic successfully. My theory is that you need to have done Spine heroic that week to do madness heroic as well, since they're both Deathwing.

Which is super silly since afaik, spine heroic is impossible to solo as anything but a healer.

Fjordson

Hm, interesting I might go at DS if its soloable now. Do you have to do the raid at a certain difficulty for it to drop?
Nope. Normal or heroic, 10 or 25.

It's actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Doing it on my hunter and shaman weekly now.

Would have thought Upper Blackrock Spire would be popular since its dropping 550 gear, estimated queue time is currently 1 hour. Wth.
I gave up on running it last week. Literally nothing dropped after a handful of runs.

Fjordson

Okay, how in the world do you solo spine? He keeps thinking I'm on one side or the other and rolls.
Keep moving back and forth. If you're on the right and you get the roll warning, you have 10 seconds to move to his left. Once you move to the other side the roll counter starts over. Just keep going side to side and he'll never actually get to the roll.

ampere

Blazing Drake is normal/heroic, Life-Binders Hand Maiden is Heroic only.

For some reason I haven't been able to figure out how to go into Dragon Soul 7/8 and switch it to heroic successfully. My theory is that you need to have done Spine heroic that week to do madness heroic as well, since they're both Deathwing.

Which is super silly since afaik, spine heroic is impossible to solo as anything but a healer.

You are correct, Spine and Madness are the same boss for raid size and difficulty purposes.

Keep moving back and forth. If you're on the right and you get the roll warning, you have 10 seconds to move to his left. Once you move to the other side the roll counter starts over. Just keep going side to side and he'll never actually get to the roll.

Ah, that's annoying that it thinks you're on one side or the other. This video is also helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9_bIAsDDRw

I got to the third plate and he rolled because I wasn't moving back and forth enough, lol, kinda reminds me of heroic progression on this boss. T_T

Fjordson

Ah, that's annoying that it thinks you're on one side or the other. This video is also helpful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9_bIAsDDRw

I got to the third plate and he rolled because I wasn't moving back and forth enough, lol, kinda reminds me of heroic progression on this boss. T_T
Yeah, it's kinda annoying, but once you get the hang of moving back and forth it gets easier.

Do you have DBM? It helps me a lot. Once the roll counter gets below five seconds I move to the other side. Basically I just keep running in a circle.

Yeah, it's kinda annoying, but once you get the hang of moving back and forth it gets easier.

Do you have DBM? It helps me a lot. Once the roll counter gets below five seconds I move to the other side. Basically I just keep running in a circle.

Ah yeah, I forgot about DBM for this, I believe I have the Cata one turned off.

I might turn it on next time, I beat it regardless, no mount. It's fun to relive this raid (only because it was my first raid ever, I know a lot of people tend to hate this one).

iirate

I read the gear from the various Orc clans aren't soulbound, or something similar to that. So you don't have to use your plot for that if that's all you wanted. My question is, will the transmogable enchants be the same way, where you can sell scrolls of enchanting 'transmog'? From what I've look up, it sounds like it's not, but that could be outdated info at this point. It just seems like something everyone should have access to in some from or another without having to dedicate a plot on every alt that you want enchanting transmog on.

From what I understand, you can visit a friend's enchanting plot to do your weapon aura transmogs.

Kraftwerk

My Ui

Tried adjusting size with imgur might have fucked it up;

Np98S9Y.jpg

jersoc

I may be late, but fuck it, came after like 18 months. after 3 days finally got my green fire and title! feels damn good.

JSoup

Banned
If there was any reminder about how we're currently living in a 100 world, Darkmoon bosses did it.

Took half an hour to down the rabbit.
Took longer than that on Moonfang, what with her new ability to crash the server and spam us with messages about relearning everything in our toy boxes.

StayDead

There is new stuff at the Darkmoon Faire. Some new dailies like flying a jetpack through checkpoints. And there's a Gilnean NPC that sells a bunch of new stuff. I bought a toy called Haunting Memento (NOT the same as Haunted Memento) which lets you put a 15 minute debuff on anyone that does a bunch of random effects every 3 minutes.

Damn new toys. I need to get on that train.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Female Orcs look really good, armor looks well-proportioned on them and they fixed the flaw with their shoulders on the new models.

vocab

If there was any reminder about how we're currently living in a 100 world, Darkmoon bosses did it.

Took longer than that on Moonfang, what with her new ability to crash the server and spam us with messages about relearning everything in our toy boxes.
That rabbit is probably harder than mythic garrosh.

strafer

Bashiok laying down some knowledge
Much like the Draenei, the Blood Elf models are already pretty good. We haven't begun working on the new Blood Elves yet, so I can't comment on the result, but personally I would expect it to be similar to the new Draenei. Of course they'll have higher quality textures and higher polygon counts, overall a big improvement, but not as drastic of an upgrade as the original eight races are seeing with their updates.

RPGCrazied

So Blizzard trademarks "Eye of Azshara" just recently.

God I wish it could be another WoW expansion, but since WoD is not even out yet, I don't see them announcing another one so soon. But this would be the perfect time to add playable Naga. This is probably hearthstone related.

Fjordson

Ah yeah, I forgot about DBM for this, I believe I have the Cata one turned off.

I might turn it on next time, I beat it regardless, no mount. It's fun to relive this raid (only because it was my first raid ever, I know a lot of people tend to hate this one).
I'm with you. Not a huge fan of Cata overall, but I think DS is a cool raid for at least its aesthetic and some of the lore in there.

The most offensive thing about Dragon Soul is that it's like 90% reused assets - kind of ugly ones at that - and it was out for so long.

Speaking of - I had forgotten but was reminded the other day of early Dragon Soul LFR. Need before greed with 25 randoms. Hate/beg whispers if you won something, and guilds just stacking their raids into it to control loot.

Entropia

No One Remembers
For no reason, leveling my Enhancement Shaman from 88-90 now.

I also just realized the only class I do not have at 90 is a DK which I don't even have created anywhere...

Jag

That Rabbit. Our raid broke on it.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I remember trying that at the end of Cata, :lol good times.

I think Bashiok is saying you can add all the polygons you want to a walking stick, but its graphical fidelity doesn't really improve.

Get it?

Because Blood elves are basically cylinders with heads on them.

strafer

Cutest.Troll.Ever.

Waptor twapping can be wough, but I've designed new waptor twaps that ewiminate much of the wisk.

Set the twap on the gwound and it will scweech wike a waptor, luwing one into the twap.

When a waptor steps on my waptor twap, it'll shwink down so that it's wess dangewous. It's wewwy easy! I would do it myself but wecentwy I wan acwoss King Weapercwaw.

That Rabbit. Our raid broke on it.
I've given up ever thinking I will have that rabbit. I've had yet to be in a raid that can tag it and keep it in over a year. Only killed it twice and lost the roll both.

They really should change that thing to open tagging and make it a chance to drop. I'd be far less angry anytime someone brings it up.

Guesong

I may be late, but fuck it, came after like 18 months. after 3 days finally got my green fire and title! feels damn good.

I've been trying.

I just can't do it. T_T I see videos of people with freakin iLvL 148 doing it, but I'm really bad at pet microing it seems.

So I've just accepted I won't get the title and achievement and I'll do it once I'm 100 or something.

Ultratech

I've given up ever thinking I will have that rabbit. I've had yet to be in a raid that can tag it and keep it in over a year. Only killed it twice and lost the roll both.

They really should change that thing to open tagging and make it a chance to drop. I'd be far less angry anytime someone brings it up.

They really should given how many people you'd need to kill it anyways.

Surprised they didn't change that when they added in Moonfang.

Top Bottom