• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Been playing Hunter since Vanilla, started Maining one in Wrath..Not gonna change any time soon.

While I agree, they need an overhaul, I'm enjoying it while it lasts. But even so, there is always a reason for someone to complain about hunters, just gotta learn to deal with it I guess hah.

ZenaxPure

Been doing Ashran on my paladin when I'm bored because I think the normal paladin conquest gear looks awesome (and matches the normal conquest greatsword amazingly) and with how Ashran is set up right now you can pretty much just join a premade and afk for free conquest even if it is slow compared to arenas or whatever.

Anywayyyy, we had the MQ event pop and killed Tit while we waited, got a universal language filter. After we were done with MQ we went up to Panth and killed him, got another universal language filter.

Thanks Ashran for a free 50k gold for doing nothing.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Been doing Ashran on my paladin when I'm bored because I think the normal paladin conquest gear looks awesome (and matches the normal conquest greatsword amazingly) and with how Ashran is set up right now you can pretty much just join a premade and afk for free conquest even if it is slow compared to arenas or whatever.

Anywayyyy, we had the MQ event pop and killed Tit while we waited, got a universal language filter. After we were done with MQ we went up to Panth and killed him, got another universal language filter.

Thanks Ashran for a free 50k gold for doing nothing.

They sell for that much on your server? They are 6-8k a piece on my server.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I knew we couldn't trust Kalecgos as the Aspect of Magic. Damn blue drakes. First Malygos, now him.

z2R8Tk9.png

I'm bored.

ZenaxPure

They sell for that much on your server? They are 6-8k a piece on my server.

Yeah the ashran AH pieces still go for a ton on my server, probably because no one on my server is doing ashran. One of the other language pieces was up for 50k, was the only one up of its type. Was a nice surprise to make such easy gold for doing almost literally nothing.

JSoup

Banned
Anyone know if the Ultimate Battle-Training Stone counts for the x amount of pet leveled achievements?
Edit: Apparently it can be used to get the Elekk Plusie achievement, so I guess so!

So, I just came back to wow 2 nights ago and leveled up a brand new toon to start over on. I thought I was sick of Illidan so I made her on Wyrmrest Accord horde and got to level 40, the damn game claims this realm is high population but even Org is dead and people tell me its a horde realm... If its high pop where is everyone hiding ? lol. Even all the guilds have less than 5 people online. I guess I'm going to have to beg the gm to give me a free transfer to Illidan, which made work they gave me a free faction change last year when I asked... or do the first 40 levels over again on Illidan. Its so lonely on this "high" pop realm. >.>

Tacitus_

So, I just came back to wow 2 nights ago and leveled up a brand new toon to start over on. I thought I was sick of Illidan so I made her on Wyrmrest Accord horde and got to level 40, the damn game claims this realm is high population but even Org is dead and people tell me its a horde realm... If its high pop where is everyone hiding ? lol. Even all the guilds have less than 5 people online. I guess I'm going to have to beg the gm to give me a free transfer to Illidan, which made work they gave me a free faction change last year when I asked... or do the first 40 levels over again on Illidan. Its so lonely on this "high" pop realm. >.>

Org will be pretty dead since you have auction houses in Draenor.

Wyrmrest Accord is an RP realm and actually is pretty fucking low pop, as well as extremely low progress. I wouldn't have rolled there - dunno what/when you were looking that made it appear to be high pop.

And that won't help any.

Wyrmrest Accord is an RP realm and actually is pretty fucking low pop, as well as extremely low progress. I wouldn't have rolled there - dunno what/when you were looking that made it appear to be high pop.

I made the mistake of the wow client claiming its high pop and https://realmpop.com/us.html is bs claiming it has a lot more people on it than the site you linked which seems much more accurate. Oh well I'll see what the gm says and either reroll or xfer. =\ Ty

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Just purchased Draenor and 60 days game time.

Haven't played since August, have some catching up to do!

Nokterian

Org will be pretty dead since you have auction houses in Draenor.

And that won't help any.

It's weird because on my realm EU that is Emerald Dream when going to Stormwind of Ironforge there are still people there in the AH yeah also because of draenor. Off course you cannot forget that you can make a robot auctioneer yourself in your garrison.

Just purchased Draenor and 60 days game time.

Haven't played since August, have some catching up to do!

Have fun! Enjoy your fresh level 90 class when you make one just play through the whole tanaan jungle part you will get all skills underway.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Darn it. I think I'm going to get back into this game, but I'm going to start fresh. First of all, I need a server choice. I would like an east coast server, mainly Horde dominated, and I was wondering whether or not a PVP or normal server is better. Any suggestions as to what server I should choose?

This has happened to me a few times playing video games. There is something about sleep that organizes the information it's absorbed.

Meant that I went to bed because I was tired, and the guild killed it on the very next attempt that I wasn't there for. My guild had 2 runs, an early and a late one, until the early one broke up. So I started running with our late night run (that goes from 11pm-3am) until I can find another one.

Any server a lot of gaf play or not? Dunno what to use my 90 on, any classes you;d recommend?

I don't think there's a high concentration of gaffers on any one server. We're pretty spread out. There used to be a gaf guild on Area 52 but I don't know if that's even an active guild anymore.

Touch

I haven't played in about 2 months. The feeling of wanting to play is coming back but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. For a few weeks before I stopped, I was just running around on my mounts in my garrison doing basically nothing and I know I'll just get right back to that point eventually. But I still have the urge to play... even though I know I won't be doing anything in game worth, well, doing.

Maybe this should be the end, I don't know. This struggle is real.

Lashley

Everything in the game is cross server now except for the highest raid difficulty and guilds. Have pretty free reign to play with whoever you want when you want.

That's awesome.

Might use this 90 boost on my level 1 paladin - ronbeargundy

I haven't played in about 2 months. The feeling of wanting to play is coming back but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. For a few weeks before I stopped, I was just running around on my mounts in my garrison doing basically nothing and I know I'll just get right back to that point eventually. But I still have the urge to play... even though I know I won't be doing anything in game worth, well, doing.

If you can afford it, do it.

ZenaxPure

Don't bother, if you didn't play 6.1 you didn't really miss out on anything except a few achievements you can knock out in a couple of days. If I were you I'd just wait and see if 6.2 adds anything interesting to the game.

Unless you are into making gold anyway, right now is actually a really great time to be making gold if you can commit to doing a bunch of old content and managing multiple garrisons on multiple alts (especially now with treasure hunter followers). I'm about to cross 400k myself actually and I went into the xpac with 30k and I've bought a few expensive things like mounts.

If that doesn't appeal to you though meh.

Lashley

Don't bother, if you didn't play 6.1 you didn't really miss out on anything except a few achievements you can knock out in a couple of days. If I were you I'd just wait and see if 6.2 adds anything interesting to the game.

Unless you are into making gold anyway, right now is actually a really great time to be making gold if you can commit to doing a bunch of old content and managing multiple garrisons on multiple alts (especially now with treasure hunter followers). I'm about to cross 400k myself actually and I went into the xpac with 30k and I've bought a few expensive things like mounts.

If that doesn't appeal to you though meh.

Any tips for a beginner to garrisons?

Any tips for a beginner to garrisons?

Get a Peon's Mining Pick. Converts the mine from a 5 minute chore to a 90 second breeze.
Install an addon that helps you determine the market value from the stuff you uncrate at your level 3 salvage yard.
If your alts only have one production profession, their 3 small plots should be: Main Profession building, Enchanter's Study, Salvage Yard.

ZenaxPure

Level your followers, do your gathering every day and always make sure something is cooking in your buildings. It's not really that complicated.

Pretty much, it is really straight forward. The only building you need to build is the salvage yard as it makes missions that only grant xp have a chance at other goods through salvage crates. All other buildings depend on your personal needs.

Lashley

Level your followers, do your gathering every day and always make sure something is cooking in your buildings. It's not really that complicated.

Get a Peon's Mining Pick. Converts the mine from a 5 minute chore to a 90 second breeze.
Install an addon that helps you determine the market value from the stuff you uncrate at your level 3 salvage yard.
If your alts only have one production profession, their 3 small plots should be: Main Profession building, Enchanter's Study, Salvage Yard.

Thanks!

Fjordson

Darn it. I think I'm going to get back into this game, but I'm going to start fresh. First of all, I need a server choice. I would like an east coast server, mainly Horde dominated, and I was wondering whether or not a PVP or normal server is better. Any suggestions as to what server I should choose?
Well PvP vs normal is really up to you. It's the same experience pretty much - only difference is you can be ganked out in the world by the other faction on PvP servers. Or you can go out and hunt the other faction. With PVE (normal) servers, people can't be attacked unless they manually flag themselves for PvP.

As for a horde server, I've actually been looking into that since I'm trying to find a good one to level my troll rogue on. For PvE, I would go with Area 52. It's super active and on eastern time. For PvP, I'd go with Tichondrius or Mal'ganis. Illidan is another top one as far as horde population for PvP, but it felt a little too crowded to me. And trade chat there is a constant stream of chinese chat for some reason.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
All other buildings depend on your personal needs.
Do they really?

Large plot Barracks is a necessity for the increased follower count. Only other useful large plot is the Dwarven Bunker. Medium plots are easy choices for Trading Post/Inn. Small plots are Salvage yard, profession, and consider filling with enchanting.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Well PvP vs normal is really up to you. It's the same experience pretty much - only difference is you can be ganked out in the world by the other faction on PvP servers. Or you can go out and hunt the other faction. With PVE (normal) servers, people can't be attacked unless they manually flag themselves for PvP.

As for a horde server, I've actually been looking into that since I'm trying to find a good one to level my troll rogue on. For PvE, I would go with Area 52. It's super active and on eastern time. For PvP, I'd go with Tichondrius or Mal'ganis. Illidan is another top one as far as horde population for PvP, but it felt a little too crowded to me. And trade chat there is a constant stream of chinese chat for some reason.

Thanks for the advice -- I ended up going with Area 52. I feel like my goal is to pretty much reach the level cap fully (without using my free upgrade to 90) at first so I want to experience the world without having to worry about ganking from the enemy players.

ZenaxPure

Do they really?

Large plot Barracks is a necessity for the increased follower count. Only other useful large plot is the Dwarven Bunker. Medium plots are easy choices for Trading Post/Inn. Small plots are Salvage yard, profession, and consider filling with enchanting.

Like I said, personal needs, I see those buildings as useless. If you don't have a bunch of followers working inside buildings (which most of my alts don't) you have more than enough followers to take care of missions and the bunker/mill is absolutely worthless once you have your followers at max ilvl. My main has a bag and a half full of upgrade items, the bunker serves no purpose for me.

Frankly I'd argue the bunker is the most useless building as the expansion gets older.

Atlantis

Like I said, personal needs, I see those buildings as useless. If you don't have a bunch of followers working inside buildings (which most of my alts don't) you have more than enough followers to take care of missions and the bunker/mill is absolutely worthless once you have your followers at max ilvl. My main has a bag and a half full of upgrade items, the bunker serves no purpose for me.

Frankly I'd argue the bunker is the most useless building as the expansion gets older.

I'd take the free Seal every week over anything else in my Garrison.

Fjordson

Thanks for the advice -- I ended up going with Area 52. I feel like my goal is to pretty much reach the level cap fully (without using my free upgrade to 90) at first so I want to experience the world without having to worry about ganking from the enemy players.
Yeah, PvE is for you then. And Area 52 seems like a very solid server so far. Super active, which is a big plus in my book. Game just feels a little lifeless at times when you don't see a lot of other people running around.

ZenaxPure

I'd take the free Seal every week over anything else in my Garrison.

If I took the free seal I'd cap on honor every single week, and I don't even pvp currently. The pvp follower missions give you so much honor per week it's ridiculous. Not to mention apexis missions giving me apexis crystals I am not even using anymore.

On the other hand the instant mission complete orders from the mage tower are way better for me right now, lets me get my BRF/highmaul loot caches immediately and if there is a mission I can't 100% with an epic mount character I can just get it out of the way immediately and put those followers on something else.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

I am honestly somewhat baffled as to why anyone would choose to avoid the Barracks. Having 25 followers enables you to do far more with your missions with or without workers, even if it just comes down to having a good spread on traits/abilities. I would generally run a Bunker because the benefits of the other options just aren't there. Bunker just saves any other kind of resource for a free seal, and enables cash flow. Even as someone who pays a decent amount of attention to garrison missions I'm not ilevel capped on 25 characters, particularly when swapping out to take advantage of new traits/Harrison/Garona/etc. Given the nearly useless alternatives I'd rather just take the long term gold gains.
On the other hand the instant mission complete orders from the mage tower are way better for me right now, lets me get my BRF/highmaul loot caches immediately and if there is a mission I can't 100% with an epic mount character I can just get it out of the way immediately and put those followers on something else.
If you're running 25 max ilevel followers why is it so hard to 100% cache missions while running epic mount?

ZenaxPure

I am honestly somewhat baffled as to why anyone would choose to avoid the Barracks.

If you're running 25 max ilevel followers why is it so hard to 100% cache missions while running epic mount?

Can answer that really easy, you don't know what you're talking about and apparently can't read either. It is as simple as this: on my alts where I don't have followers in most buildings (because some of them don't have crafting professions and I don't give a shit about their gardens/mines) the way missions roll in if you are checking in on them every few hours it is very easy to run into times where you have more followers than missions available. If you can answer why I need 5 extra followers when at times some of my followers are already sitting around doing nothing I will go get a barracks right now.

As for the second point I did not even say I can't 100% cache missions with epic mount. I put an "and" in there for a reason as I was talking about missions in general. There are some 8 hour missions where I don't have the follower combos to get 100% while also having epic mount because not all of my followers have epic mount. Not rocket science. Also not sure how that is relevant to the bunker being useful, because it's just not in the long term.

StMeph

Sub's about to lapse, but the token's supposed to be up soon for trading. Not sure if I should add one or two months before switching over to gold to buy time instead.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
After 10 years of playing I have finally...
...rolled a night elf hunter.

I like how it can run and jump around while still using abilities. Unlike my mage who has to stand perfectly still.

TomServo

I expect two garrisons to be able to support it if handled daily.

I've largely abandoned my second garrison. I touch it once or twice a week. I'm still netting roughly 15K a week without putting any dedicated effort into gold making. That's a tank character with mining as one profession, a lumber mill that's been idle for months, and Harrison as my only treasure hunter.

I'm convinced that if you're broke in WoW that it's a spending problem, not an earning problem.

Top Bottom