• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I expect two garrisons to be able to support it if handled daily.

Really?? They're that good at money making? I need to sort mine out pronto!

After 10 years of playing I have finally...
...rolled a night elf hunter.

I like how it can run and jump around while still using abilities. Unlike my mage who has to stand perfectly still.

Kite masters.

Weird how you unlock abilities as you quest (Or at least you do when using the 90 boost?)

OmegaSkittle

Neo Member
Weird how you unlock abilities as you quest (Or at least you do when using the 90 boost?)

Yeah that is only for boosted characters. It is handled that way so they aren't throwing tons of abilities at you that you don't know how to use. This way you can test out the abilities while doing those intro quests to try and get a handle on how to kill things without dying.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Yeah that is only for boosted characters. It is handled that way so they aren't throwing tons of abilities at you that you don't know how to use. This way you can test out the abilities while doing those intro quests to try and get a handle on how to kill things without dying.

Ah I see, it's a good way to do it.

IIRC, they removed a lot of abilities didn't they? To reduce button bloat?

ZenaxPure

Really?? They're that good at money making? I need to sort mine out pronto!

Pretty much everything in the expansion is tied to Garrisons, so yeah. Stuff like the barn/garden/mine give you crafting materials without having a gathering profession (which you can sell if you don't need). The level 3 inn unlocks a special subset of missions that reward gold and with treasure hunter followers (which you can recruit at the inn) added in 6.1 you can stack it and get frankly ridiculous amounts of gold for how little effort you are putting in. Trading Post lets you trade garrison resources (which don't serve a lot of purpose once you have every building at max level) for crafting mats if you want, the salvage yard will give you crafting mats, transmog gear (if there is even a transmog market on your server), and a chance at BOE world drop epics including those found in WoD (early on in the expansion I got a BOE Draenor epic that sold for close to 30k from a salvage crate).

And of course obviously if you want to maximize your profession output you have to have your profession buildings, but, depending on your server you aren't actually going to make a ton of gold from crafting professions right now anyway. That's not to say you shouldn't do it, but, don't expect something like blacksmiths or leatherworkers to bring in big bucks right now.

StMeph

Don't worry, they basically bludgeon you over the head with the Garrison throughout the leveling experience from 90-100. It is impossible to miss, and while it is optional to engage/manage, you're handicapping yourself if you do.

M.D

wooooo took down heroic blast furnace on the last try of the night, we had all people up which was impressive

felt damn good
now to blackhand!

Robin64

T.I.N.D.R. for followers!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18486737/new-garrison-feature-tindr-for-followers-3-27-2015
When the T.I.N.D.R. box goes live, Pleasure-Bot 8000 will resign from his duties as your Garrison’s sewing machine to play host to your Followers’ relationship excursions. Once you have at least one Follower equipped with a T.I.N.D.R. Box, you’ll receive alerts while out adventuring whenever one of your Followers has found a match. Return to your Garrison and speak to Pleasure-Bot 8000 to begin their date. Be sure to act quickly—dropping out of a Mythic Raid mid-encounter, if necessary—before either prospective match gets distracted and moves on.

When your Follower returns, you’ll be able to see if their mission was successful in fanning the flames of passion, or if they’d “rather just not talk about it.” Either way, as your Garrison’s commander you’ll receive a reward for your attempts at cultivating a courtship—along with a S.E.L.F.I.E. from your Follower documenting their results.

Also patch notes for 6.1.4
We accidentally put the Dance Studio back in the game for a little while, but it's been removed again. That was a close one.
Patches will now be given titles that are more appropriate for today's internet audience, beginning with Patch 6.2: Conquer the Iron Horde Using This One Weird Old Trick.
Mage Armor has an even newer, more unique icon.
The S.E.L.F.I.E. camera mission "Field Photography" is not appearing for all players due to its random nature. We didn't change anything; we just wanted to point out what random means.

Tacitus_

Mage Armor has an even newer, more unique icon.

Oh you sly dogs

Shahadan

The fake new master loot rules are all sorts of hilarious on many levels

All active World of Warcraft subscribers are now also game design interns

We've checked on the members of the band Fun, and they are alive and well despite forum claims to the contrary.

These patch notes were written by lead game designers, producers, engineers, and artists, instead of having them work on important new changes and features.

holy shit :lol:

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
there's something really awful about blizzard releasing fake wow patch notes when they're way behind production schedule

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
there's something really awful about blizzard releasing fake wow patch notes when they're way behind production schedule
People making the content probably aren't the same that do fake patch notes...

It's like blaming the engineering department in a company for a HR issue.

dimb

People making the content probably aren't the same that do fake patch notes...
I'm not suggesting that they're somehow diverting resources to goof off, but it feels pretty tone deaf to the larger picture of where the game is at.

I'm not suggesting that they're somehow diverting resources to goof off, but it feels pretty tone deaf to the larger picture of where the game is at.

Rofl. Do you have any clue about Blizzard and their April Fools jokes? You sound like someone on the official forums >_<

Peachpies

Rofl. Do you have any clue about Blizzard and their April Fools jokes? You sound like someone on the official forums >_<
why would they need to wait for april 1st to troll people when they do it everyday? Half of these "Joke" patch notes were actually real ones they tried and then reverted because they were really bad but they couldn't see it.

dimb

ok let me rephrase

the only injection of meaningful content into the game in the past sixteen months is a barebones expansion. sick fake patch notes blizzard xD xD xD you totally memed all over da community. everybody bought it and you pulled the rug right out from under them.

ampere

Yeah they have been shitting the bed in a lot of ways this expac, but the fake patch notes are something they do most years. It's probably just on the calendar as a to-do task for CMs by the management team.

strafer

Look, I hate April Fools so much but people complaining about Blizzard fake patch notes need to chill the fuck out.

Compared to other developers who make a whole new game for this stupid holiday.

ZenaxPure

Oh you sly dogs

I was giggling at the patch notes but that line broke me and I couldn't stop laughing. Damn it blizz.

Yeah they have been shitting the bed in a lot of ways this expac, but the fake patch notes are something they do most years. It's probably just on the calendar as a to-do task for CMs by the management team.

If anything at least the patch notes reassure me someone at blizzard understands a lot of the complaints against this expansion. Perhaps not someone in a position where they can do anything but oh well.

Ultratech

Yeah, the April Fool's Patch Notes are usually pretty funny.

Was reading them during lunch and cracking up pretty good.

Especially the PvP notes.

TheYanger

Grats man. Did ya'll tank the p2 sieges or kite them? Thinking I'm going to be on tank duty when we get to him since I'm a Brewmaster. Hoping we get Thogar down quick tonight so we can start Maidens.

We facetank the first one, then kite, waffled on the strat a lot though. Our kill was messy as fuck too in P1 and P2 but solid P3 aside from one death. (Our GM slag bombed me in P2 and the sigemaker bugged out and didn't gain stacks (Which meant slightly fewer mortars, but it also didn't stop where we wanted it to, it just kept circling for another 180 around the map).
https://youtu.be/AbM2okrSjsU

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Banned for 48 hours for "third party software". Only I don't use any third party software or bots. I even have minimal addons. Just ones for bars, bags and general display stuff. Lovely.

Knowing Blizz Support my ticket will be answered sometime after the ban has already worn off.

Mupod

I don't understand how we killed mythic gruul in like 12 pulls and then two days later spend all night wiping to him like 30 times. After one shotting oregorger. Hopefully tonight is less miserable.

I blame our warrior tanks

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Damn Blizz support sucks. 3 tickets and I can't even get them to tell me why my account was banned.

What kind of answer is this?

Howdy Alicia, <-----NOT MY NAME or the name of anyone I know

It's Sean with Blizzard Customer Support. I appreciate your patience as I got to your ticket. ^_^ This should cover the situation about the suspension on the account.

Currently the action on the account is being upheld and will not be removed. The action on the account isn't something we can give in greater detail to avoid people trying to find a way around the system. So you need to refer to your email as to the "why". We cannot go into specifics about the action whatsoever.

| (• &#9697;•)|=óò=(&#10061;&#7461;&#10061;&#651;) I appreciate all of your time and patience and do hope this helps resolve this issue today. Have a great rest of the evening!

Sounds like your account got hacked and the hacker is responsible for the 3rd-party software strike on your account. Do you have an authenticator attached to your battle.net account?

Top Bottom