• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

ampere

CRZ makes picking an egg and camping it the only real way to play this event.

But CRZ simulates what it was like to compete for resources when that was current content! lol.

Yeah I just need to get enough eggs for that new pet this year. Not sure if I will bother getting more to get some heirloom upgrades or not.

Robin64

Yeah I just need to get enough eggs for that new pet this year. Not sure if I will bother getting more to get some heirloom upgrades or not.

Didn't even see the items for sale on the vendor to do that, just some new weird eggs that you buy and set down for others to pick up and sell at 90% of the price you paid.

Edit: Mind, I did it on a < level 20 character because I don't have a sub right now, so maybe I just couldn't see the heirloom items.

ZenaxPure

But CRZ simulates what it was like to compete for resources when that was current content! lol.

Yeah was about to say.... That is exactly how I did it and I got all those achievements before CRZ was a thing lol. Was happy to get it out of the way all at once and never go back.

Though I think I have to do it now since I believe there is a new pet (or at least a pet I never got at some point).

Robin64

I got all my Noblegarden achievements the first year it came out too, and I think it's busier now with CRZ than it was back then on my medium population realm. Didn't really bother me, mind, as you can see it didn't take long to get the pet and it's all I needed.

What I really miss, though, was recognising everyone running around. Even if it was crowded "back in the day", we all knew each other. Ah well.

strafer

I got all my Noblegarden achievements the first year it came out too, and I think it's busier now with CRZ than it was back then on my medium population realm. Didn't really bother me, mind, as you can see it didn't take long to get the pet and it's all I needed.

What I really miss, though, was recognising everyone running around. Even if it was crowded "back in the day", we all knew each other. Ah well.

do you have the pink proto?

strafer

Yeah. That was actually how I got the epic flying back then. Didn't have the money, but I could go for that at least. Only a couple of achievements were ever really a bother, like School of Hard Knocks.

Yeah, that is the one I'm dreading every time.

Also, it doesn't award Master Riding anymore. :(

Pickman

Just got back into the game, first character to 100 in a couple days worth of playing, and geared enough for heroics thanks to the kindness of a guildie with a gang of blacksmithing mats.

Whats the deal with my Garrison, and how long should it take me to get it up and running? It's tier 2 with 1200 resources at the moment, saving to try to get to 2k and get T3.

StMeph

Whats the deal with my Garrison, and how long should it take me to get it up and running? It's tier 2 with 1200 resources at the moment, saving to try to get to 2k and get T3.

Your first Garrison will take a while to get full tier 3 buildings, if just because they're all gated behind achievements that require a minimum time investment (usually a number of work orders processed). Subsequent Garrisons on alts are faster to build up, with an up-front cost of about 10-15kg.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/18390557/wow-token-coming-april-7-4-6-2015

WoW Token going live tomorrow in NA.

Blizzard said:
Update: The WoW Token will be going live in the Americas region (North America, Latin America, Australia, and New Zealand) on April 7 when maintenance concludes, at approximately 10 a.m. PDT. The WoW Token will be available for $20 USD/$25 AUD from the in-game Shop, and will be set at a starting price of 30,000 gold in the Auction House across the Americas region. From that point forward, the gold price will automatically fluctuate based on player supply and demand. To start we&#8217;ll be limiting the number of Token purchases to 10 within a 30-day period, but this limit may be adjusted over time. While Tokens will be available immediately from the Shop, please note that there may be a delay before Tokens put up for sale on the Auction House become available for purchase with gold.

We&#8217;ll announce additional regional details closer to the launch of the WoW Token in other regions.

Initial price of 30k a tad too rich for my blood right now though. I expect it to equalize fairly quickly to ~25k if not lower after an initial uncertainty. Then I might be in. Still too occupied with EVE + lack of content in WoW to return immediately though.

Robin64

It's about on par with gold selling sites, I guess, as they said it would be. 30k gold is currently $22 on one of the big sites, at least.

StMeph

30k/month is pretty easy to maintain though. Garrison gold missions alone should be enough before adding alt Garrison income, and that's without doing any additional farming or AH trading.

If the 30k price holds, WoW will be self-sustaining for me.

30k/month is pretty easy to maintain though. Garrison gold missions alone should be enough before adding alt Garrison income, and that's without doing any additional farming or AH trading.

It's definitely doable for me, but it would mean I have to actively be playing each day/week, rather than just chilling around. So I say it's a tad too much (without going into the red) for me at the moment since I don't think I would be playing all that much, particularly with no new content.

Corsick

Hey everyone, I've posted in this thread before about coming back (and I did), but had to take another break due to becoming very busy personally. I leveled a Paladin to 90 and was thinking about boosting a warrior or hunter. Which of those two classes are most fun right now? Way back when in vanilla I played a warrior until TBC and went pretty far in raid progression and pvp. So I'd probably have an easier time picking that class back up, but having a pet as a hunter has always been really fun, I've just never stuck it out to level it to the cap. For someone who hasn't played a lick of wow since about last June, how's the game right now? I'm downloading the new expansion at the moment, so I might as well ask since I can't play.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
As inflation occurs I would assume that price will only go up.

I don't see it getting lower than 20k either, especially since there's a limit on it, at least for now.

The premium for it being 5 dollars more than an actual month of game time and that it is a legit way to buy gold will be preserved pretty easily...

Yes, the price will almost certainly increase over time, as has been seen with PLEX. However with an understanding of both games, there some key differences between the two that lead me to believe that the inflation of the cost of a WoW token will be at a significantly slower pace than PLEX has experienced.

ZenaxPure

Yeah I've been making ~30k a week on my alt shaman/hunter combined (two best geared alts who I run through old content and have multiple treasure hunter followers) so this works out pretty well.

Pretty excited since that means I can keep the account going without really dipping into my main's gold for now.

Hey everyone, I've posted in this thread before about coming back (and I did), but had to take another break due to becoming very busy personally. I leveled a Paladin to 90 and was thinking about boosting a warrior or hunter. Which of those two classes are most fun right now? Way back when in vanilla I played a warrior until TBC and went pretty far in raid progression and pvp. So I'd probably have an easier time picking that class back up, but having a pet as a hunter has always been really fun, I've just never stuck it out to level it to the cap. For someone who hasn't played a lick of wow since about last June, how's the game right now? I'm downloading the new expansion at the moment, so I might as well ask since I can't play.

Hunter is the flavor of the month because they're ridiculously powerful and versatile. So I think that would be the more fun class to play.

I don't know what it is about Kromog that kills pug raids.

Flamebender is a harder fight to me due in part to the coordiation effort on the wolves. I one shot that last night.

In all three Kromog pugs I was in, we had healers and DPS down before the the first hands phase.

I don't understand. It's such an easy fight. People just... keep getting hit with things.

Ah well. I'm going to add Thogar and Oregorger into my pug rotation this week.. I need to get the rest of my tier. Heroic Blast Furnace in pugs seems like it's not going to happen. :(

Kromog does a raidwide AoE, something about a breath or whatever, that does raidwide damage and hits pretty hard. It's alright on its own, but if people are getting hit by orbs or smash, then that'll explain the deaths.

Yeah, Stone Breath. I think people were getting hit by that, plus Reverbs and that line AoE thing he does as well.

Just frustrating. I had a solid guild in Pandaria, it's completely fallen apart now, and I have to deal with pugs to even get in the few kills I get on a weekly basis.

*grumble grumble*

I don't know what it is about Kromog that kills pug raids.

Flamebender is a harder fight to me due in part to the coordiation effort on the wolves. I one shot that last night.

In all three Kromog pugs I was in, we had healers and DPS down before the the first hands phase.

I don't understand. It's such an easy fight. People just... keep getting hit with things.

Ah well. I'm going to add Thogar and Oregorger into my pug rotation this week.. I need to get the rest of my tier. Heroic Blast Furnace in pugs seems like it's not going to happen. :(

In my heroic pug we were getting pasted left and right on Kromog.

- Melee need to learn to dodge every single reverb.
- Tanks need to call for external cooldowns to survive. Angry Assignments is a godsend here (and is very helpful on maidens/furnace)
- Ranged need to stay loosely grouped and not get clapped, ever.

The difference between a kill and a wipe always came down to how many healer resources went to waste because people were taking needless amounts of damage. There's other nuances, like not spreading out too much during grasp because it's easier to kill hands if you can keep hunters on corners and everyone else in between.

Fjordson

Hunter is in a really solid spot right now. I'd give one a try, they're fun!

Robin64

Anyone confirm if you see heirloom upgrades at level 100 for easter chocolate? I am assuming they didn't put it on this time, given how easy (read: campy) it is to get.

Lol the new pet for the Easter event is hilariously bad. Like, made in two minutes bad. They still give no fucks.

Absolutely zero fucks. Pretty rare to have a pet that can't fight, but here we are, the lowest of all efforts.

Renekton

Yeah, Stone Breath. I think people were getting hit by that, plus Reverbs and that line AoE thing he does as well.

Just frustrating. I had a solid guild in Pandaria, it's completely fallen apart now, and I have to deal with pugs to even get in the few kills I get on a weekly basis.

*grumble grumble*
I have been guildless for whole of WoD. Take it from me... mainly pugging for PVE will kill your interest in the game very effectively. Get another guild if you're even moderately interested in raiding.

One PUG I remembered was during H.Imperator when RL called wipe and asked us to suicide to mines, we did so. On reset he forgot about it and kicked any raid member who died to mines.

ampere

Can the new pet be sold on the AH? I don't even want to collect eggs and shit this year, I'd rather just buy it if I can.

I might reactivate for a month with one just to try the system out. But I probably want to see how the price fluctuates at least this week first. If anything I think initial supply will be higher than initial demand.

And I'm really curious about the "deducting gold across all characters on the server" thing. Most of my gold is concentrated on 3-4 characters, so I'm interested to see how the totals play out. Like I don't think they would completely drain characters with minimal amounts of gold.

Apparently WoW token usage qualifies as subscription time for RAF. So I could now finally get all those RAF mounts/pets for gold if I wanted (with just the initial WoW license paid for with real money - though it goes to $5 at least a couple times a year).

ZenaxPure

Apparently WoW token usage qualifies as subscription time for RAF. So I could now finally get all those RAF mounts/pets for gold if I wanted (with just the initial WoW license paid for with real money - though it goes to $5 at least a couple times a year).

Yeah I believe we learned that a while back, I got really interested. Figure I'll end up doing it someday probably, I want some of the RAF mounts but never wanted to drop the real money for them. This way you're just paying gold like any other mount and the initial price will actually be pretty cheap compared to your typical "expensive" mounts.

StMeph

Oh nice. I wasn't aware of that. Might get the 2-seater rocket then...

Fjordson

I see people on the official forums thinking the price of the tokens may actually go up eventually. Wonder if I should wait a bit before buying one to get even more gold out of it.

ampere

I see people on the official forums thinking the price of the tokens may actually go up eventually. Wonder if I should wait a bit before buying one to get even more gold out of it.

I think the gold price will rise. Have a feeling a lot more people are willing to spend gold for game time than money for gold. Combine that with the monthly purchase limit and they might be supply constrained.

Just a hunch, I don't have any data to back it.

edit:
From MMO Champion:
Tokens are live and working in the US. The price has already gone up to 30.3k.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think the gold price will rise. Have a feeling a lot more people are willing to spend gold for game time than money for gold. Combine that with the monthly purchase limit and they might be supply constrained.

Just a hunch, I don't have any data to back it.

Well it is doubtful that the gold/cash ratio of the official tokens will ever significantly deviate from the existing third party market, because people would just leave the less attractive market for the other until it balances out.

ampere

Well it is doubtful that the gold/cash ratio of the official tokens will ever significantly deviate from the existing third party market, because people would just leave the less attractive market for the other until it balances out.

They aren't direct substitutes. Some people are not willing to buy it from the black market. People who already were willing will likely not change.

Take legal marijuana sales in Colorado for example. That shit is way more expensive than street weed, and yet there are people who will happily pay it to avoid the black market.

Shahadan

Oh god I can remember the placement of each egg in Dolanaar....and I have done this event only once during vanilla...

Memory is scary. And I still can't remember my phone number..

Fjordson

Wow, the token is already up to 30k? Goddamn.

I'll finally have a fully functioning set of horde characters now (because I'm way too lazy to start from the ground up). Hype.

They aren't direct substitutes. Some people are not willing to buy it from the black market. People who already were willing will likely not change.
This is me. Never felt comfortable giving my credit card to those sites and I don't want to get banned.

ZenaxPure

Wow, the token is already up to 30k? Goddamn.

Started at 30k, so didn't exactly go "up" to 30k. It's gone up 300g so far. Expect it to go up some more soon though since it is still supply strained. I haven't managed to get one yet and you are only allowed to try to buy one every minute.

Fjordson

Started at 30k, so didn't exactly go "up" to 30k. It's gone up 300g so far. Expect it to go up some more soon though since it is still supply strained. I haven't managed to get one yet and you are only allowed to try to buy one every minute.
Oh right, I'm dumb. Had it starting at 25k in my head for some reason.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sucks that I can't easily make 30k a month unless I spend my whole time in multiple Garrisons doing missions and gathering ores and herbs everyday or doing Cataclysm 25 man heroic raids, which I really don't want to or can't.

StMeph

Is the token exchange universal across all servers? Meaning one price/market for everyone?

Sucks that I can't easily make 30k a month unless I spend my whole time in multiple Garrisons doing missions and gathering ores and herbs everyday or doing Cataclysm 25 man heroic raids, which I really don't want to or can't.

I don't know what you're doing in your Garrison, but it shouldn't take that much time. Just run follower missions that reward gold. It takes maybe 5-10 minutes per Garrison, and a single Garrison is enough if you've been rotating in/rerolling for Treasure Hunters. Two or more is just more passive income.

ZenaxPure

Managed to buy one and you have to go through multiple confirmation menus to activate it and then a menu pops up that says transaction in progress and then you get an email confirming you bought one with gold. Kind of a weird procress as the person who is purchasing with gold, the item is soulbound so its not like you can do much else with it.

Top Bottom