• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT7| Feel the hatred of 10,000 Murlocs

Class switching would be amazing. Then the only reason to make an alt would be to experience the starting zones, because of class restrictions, certain quest chains or faction switch.

Tenebrous

Just curious... What's everyones time on WoW look like at the moment? Mine goes like this.

Collect Garrison Resources twice a week across all toons.

And that's it.

Shahadan

I do. It's the core of the whole fucking franchise. Taking a shit on the lore to convenience players impacted by your inability to balance a racial is absolutely pathetic.

Blah blah blah lore blah blah blah. It's too often used as an excuse to not change things ever. It's not because, say, some race was in either faction for years that something couldn't happen and make them switch. It's not "taking a shit on lore" it's just evolving.
Like High Elves >> Blood Elves.

Also, it hasn't really been horde vs Alliance for as long as Warcraft 3 where it was btw the whole fucking point. And aside from a few lame attempts at re-igniting the rivalry, the warcraft storyline has been "alliance vs horde is stupid, team up you idiots" for more than 15 years now. Even Garrosh, basically the only thing in wow advocating Horde vs Alliance, ended up inevitably with both taking him down.

So no, Horde vs Alliance doesn't really matter. If anything it's shitting on the lore by its own existence to this day. We just happen to like it and it allows easy pvp opportunities.

ZenaxPure

I also echo the sentiment of removing factions. The Burning Legion is too great now so we need to band together!!!

It's almost like WC3 ended this way or something.

The factions we got in vanilla WoW made 0 sense in regards to what happened at the end of Reign of Chaos. The whole point of that was the various races tossed aside their hatred to defeat the burning legion and then build a new world together.

Then all of that is literally hand-waved away with 0 explanation in the first 30 seconds of the Vanilla WoW cinematic.

I would love it if you had character levels and class levels, your character level would be like having Heirlooms, and when you changed class you could go to a starting zone and boost through it much quicker.

Maybe even give the redundant Class trainers in each area a role again. Like that's where you go to purchase your alternate class.

Tenebrous

Blah blah blah lore blah blah blah. It's too often used as an excuse to not change things ever. It's not because, say, some race was in either faction for years that something couldn't happen and make them switch. It's not "taking a shit on lore" it's just evolving.
Like High Elves >> Blood Elves.

Also, it hasn't really been horde vs Alliance for as long as Warcraft 3 where it was btw the whole fucking point. And aside from a few lame attempts at re-igniting the rivalry, the warcraft storyline has been "alliance vs horde is stupid, team up you idiots" for more than 15 years now. Even Garrosh, basically the only thing in wow advocating Horde vs Alliance, ended up inevitably with both taking him down.

So no, Horde vs Alliance doesn't really matter. If anything it's shitting on the lore by its own existence to this day. We just happen to like it and it allows easy pvp opportunities.

Then can we just go after Sargeras and get this shit over with, please?

Shahadan

Then can we just go after Sargeras and get this shit over with, please?

We have still to kill two old gods, Azshara, whatever dumb new horde/surprise enemy they can come up with, Wrathion, probably the Titans themselves, and Kiljaeden before even hoping to meet Sarge :p

Also, Sylvanas and morally-challenged Bolvar probably somewhere too.

Tenebrous

Sigh, you're right. I guess part of me just wants WoW to end, or at the very least change in a drastic way.

A new profession/class/race and a new zone isn't going to sell me on the new expansion. It needs something absolutely massive.

Khezu

Class changing is pretty drastic.

I would be ok with custom classes, where you just choose 3 specs at the character creation screen.

Lots of specs I like, but don't care for the rest of the class.

Destro/Holy/Frost

Would be an awesome caster class.

I like having alts.

Class switching was cool and I really enjoyed it in ARR, but it removed any need for me to have another character.

And that kind of made me sad.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
multi-class would be terrible because bag space would just be taking another kick in the balls

Tenebrous

Class changing is pretty drastic.

I would be ok with custom classes, where you just choose 3 specs at the character creation screen.

Lots of specs I like, but don't care for the rest of the class.

Destro/Holy/Frost

Would be an awesome caster class.

If this were to happen, I'd much rather see a two class system where you could either go 50:50 at the same time or 75:25 at the same time. It would be interesting to play a Battlemage that's somewhat decent with a sword, or a Shaman that has some skills with a bow.

I still don't want it to happen, though.

strafer

It's sad to see WoW like this. Still, it's damn impressive that it's been alive for 10 years.

I owe WoW a lot. The game taught me more english than school ever did.

Shahadan

multi-class would be terrible because bag space would just be taking another kick in the balls

Then they could just fix the bag space problem :p
Or, finally allow us to have a tab collection for tier sets (which we should already have, seriously, it's probably not even hard to do), and allow us to save a customized regular set per class.

The whole UI needs a revamp anyway.

Khezu

If this were to happen, I'd much rather see a two class system where you could either go 50:50 at the same time or 75:25 at the same time. It would be interesting to play a Battlemage that's somewhat decent with a sword, or a Shaman that has some skills with a bow.

I still don't want it to happen, though.

Well interesting, I would never trust Blizzard with something that complicated.

Just curious... What's everyones time on WoW look like at the moment? Mine goes like this.

And that's it.

Log in Tuesday evening: Get 3 seals, Raid for 3 hours, cycle garrison missions, collect stockpiled resources, log out

That's pretty much it. I don't bother with any of my buildings unless I need shards/herbs and I sure as hell don't bother with Tanaan. Maybe when I need to for the legendary, but not before.

ampere

Anal [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

TFHEoYU.png

Anilusion

And that's it.

Login a few time a day to do garrison stuff, do AH stuff (sniping, reposting aucitons).
Do LFR once a week.

I like having alts.

Class switching was cool and I really enjoyed it in ARR, but it removed any need for me to have another character.

And that kind of made me sad.

Races have class restrictions, so you couldn't make one toon and, eventually, learn every class. Also all of the races have different starting zones (I LOVE the Forsaken, Blood Elf and Goblin starting areas) and there's 4 early questing paths that eventually funnel together.

I know not everyone views questing as content but I fucking love playing through some races early quest lines. The Forsaken are awesome up to the Western Plaugelands.

Khezu

Red Orcs for Horde, Brown Orcs for Alliance.

New zone is Outworld but 1000 years into the future, but it looks exactly the same.

Fularu

Banned
Hope you're ready to settle for Faralohn and the Ogre continent as an expansion instead!

I actually enjoyed my time on Draenor. The questing experience was amazing, the zones are beautifull, the music was fantastic and the raids were great (only one Orc centric raid really, beeing BRF, HFC really is a Black Temple 2 afaic)

Ark

And that's it.

I only came back to the game three weeks ago, after a five-year break since the end of Wrath, so I'm basically farming apexis crystals and LFR for gear. Also farming herbs and felblight to make a tonne of money through alchemy on my server.

And when I'm bored of all that and the regular garrison/shipyard stuff, I'm levelling my warlock alt.

Robin64

The live public unveiling is 32.5 hours away. The press conference is 2.5 hours away. Whether or not we see anything from that is another matter, though.

JSoup

Banned
The live public unveiling is 32.5 hours away. The press conference is 2.5 hours away. Whether or not we see anything from that is another matter, though.

Well, the press conference is on now, supposedly, but I'm not sure where to find it.

Robin64

It's just starting now.

Talking about Hearthstone's Grand Tournament first. Showed some new cards, talked about Quality of Life changes.

Heroes of the Storm now. Monk from Diablo III, Artanis from Starcraft, and Rexxar from Warcraft added. Rexxar has Misha.

Overwatch now. Playable on the shop floor. Showing off a couple of maps. New hero, Lucio. He's a DJ, so lots of audio based skills.

On to Legacy of the Void! Six new units for multi. New mode, Allied Commanders. Objective based co-op. Play as all the heroes who level up and gain abilities. Get Artanis in HotS when you buy LotV.

Telling them the next WoW expansion will be revealed tomorrow. Blizzcon style presentation. CG teaser, few videos, and more. Not even a tease today.

CassSept

Hearthstone, HotS, Overwatch out of the way, LotV now, likely no major Diablo announcement... it's near...

Edit: Ok, not even a tease, that makes sense. Hype is back. I hope they don't screw up and leak the logo just before the show starts like the last time, this is a chance to go 100% spoiler-free about what the expansion is going to be.

Robin64

"Blizzard has been listening to players experiences during Warlords of Draenor and thinks players will be excited by the announcement this week"

I want to see this be true.

Top Bottom