• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Tarazet

I got an idea for a level 98 twink. I have a Ret Paladin that is at 96 right now. Once you hit 98, my idea is to turn off XP, get my artifact weapon and do all of the Legion zones. The capstone quests at the end give 800 pieces, but the proviso is that you have to do the dungeons - Neltharion's Lair, Maw of Souls, Eye of Azshara, and Vault of the Wardens. Would the instances let me in at 98? Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to queue but I might be able to sweet-talk someone.

I'm done with Legion. Played religiously almost every day for the first few months, not so much these last few when Mythic+ started to get old, but had some great times in Nighthold. No real reason for me quitting, just the feeling that I have pretty much experienced most what the game has to offer. In fact this is the first time since Vanilla that I have stuck long enough to see a major new tier raid released.

Great expansion, I might jump in for a little bit when Tomb of Sargeras releases, interested to see what the next expansion is about. Certainly feels like WoW is in a good place again to evolve, even if the legendary system really needs some tinkering.

Mupod

heroic botanist surprisingly not too bad, after the shit show that was our first night against him on normal I was expecting worse. We made it up to Ellisande with some bonus pulls on mythic skorpyron but until we stop running normal I'm not expecting to get much further. And that ain't happening until everyone has set bonuses.

Tarazet

I got an idea for a level 98 twink. I have a Ret Paladin that is at 96 right now. Once you hit 98, my idea is to turn off XP, get my artifact weapon and do all of the Legion zones. The capstone quests at the end give 800 pieces, but the proviso is that you have to do the dungeons - Neltharion's Lair, Maw of Souls, Eye of Azshara, and Vault of the Wardens. Would the instances let me in at 98? Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to queue but I might be able to sweet-talk someone.

Meant Halls of Valor.

At least on my server, there doesn't seem to be anyone playing in Legion at 98. You look for greens in that bracket and it's crickets.

Okay guys, maybe you can help me: I'm level 106 and I decided to sub again. Only problem is: I've got shitloads of quests.

Any idea what I should be doing? Want to get to level 110 fast, but checking all the quests seems like it'll take me a while.

Just asking if there's a faster way.

Thanks.

Okay guys, maybe you can help me: I'm level 106 and I decided to sub again. Only problem is: I've got shitloads of quests.

Any idea what I should be doing? Want to get to level 110 fast, but checking all the quests seems like it'll take me a while.

Thanks.

I mean, what zone are the quests for? Just grinding dungeons won't really be any faster. The questlines for each zone capstone in a dungeon anyway which rewards a decent piece of gear. I'm not sure if you still have to be friendly with all the various broken isles factions either if it's still your first character to unlock world quests, but having the reps up, which you'll get a large chunk of via questing, will certainly help later on.

PvP is slower than questing as well.

Also keep in mind that to unlock flying in 7.2 (faster mounted speed now), you'll need to have completed all the chapters in each zone's story (besides having the reps all at revered). So it's worth your time to just do the quests. With rested XP, you probably won't even need to finish everything completely.

The quests are pretty fast anyway. For the alts I took to 110 so far I used ConsLegion to just mindlessly blow through them. Probably doesn't take more than 10 hours for me to go from 100-110 now (but damned if I'm doing it on another character anytime soon.)

Jadax

Was going through my old desktop and found the rogue pvp video I made back in 2004/05!

Used songs like boulevard of broken dreams and dani california xD

I miss vanilla WoW.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So I'm playing on my DK hoping to replace my Rogue by the time Tomb comes out (so obviously I've got a lot of time here) but the AP grind is kind of real.

I was sitting around Dalaran basically AFKing when I suddenly got the thought that I should probably learn to tank so I can actually just get Mythic groups and such, no? I don't know shit about Blood tanking or how good of gear I need to start on the lower levels of Mythic+. I haven't really tanked in years, but as far as I gather they don't really have much in the way of dedicated tanking gear anymore, right? Or do I have to start over and grind out new gear sets? I'm not really looking to go hard on it, just to have a solid off-spec I can actually use.

Tips?

Thanks.

If you don't have the Pillars of Creation for each zone other than Suramar, a good starting point is to finish any of those questlines. There's nothing in-and-of-itself important about that particular lore from the perspective of powering your character up, but generally speaking you should get somewhere near 110 just doing those (especially if you have a full grip of rested XP) and all of them are very long-form questlines and generally speaking each step tends to offer you clusters of 2 or 3 quests in the same general area. Those are the questlines that reward the 800 ilvl pieces though, which can be nice as you level.

Lain

Decided to do the Nighthold LFR with my lock because I wanted to see if I could luck out on some of the tier gear pieces available and, with a lucky drop and a bonus roll, managed to get both of them. Too bad the back was a downgrade stat wise, despite being 10 ilvls better than my WQ back.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I'm playing on my DK hoping to replace my Rogue by the time Tomb comes out (so obviously I've got a lot of time here) but the AP grind is kind of real.

I was sitting around Dalaran basically AFKing when I suddenly got the thought that I should probably learn to tank so I can actually just get Mythic groups and such, no? I don't know shit about Blood tanking or how good of gear I need to start on the lower levels of Mythic+. I haven't really tanked in years, but as far as I gather they don't really have much in the way of dedicated tanking gear anymore, right? Or do I have to start over and grind out new gear sets? I'm not really looking to go hard on it, just to have a solid off-spec I can actually use.

Tips?

I don't know much about Blood, but if your stat weights are anything like mine then haste is probably your best stat. Dunno if there's a percentage you'd be looking it hit though.

Tacitus_

Tips?

There's no dedicated tank gear outside of trinkets any more. Obviously Blood will have its own stat weights, but they aren't that hard for tanks. As long as you can stay alive and keep threat, you're good. The spec is pretty simple, keep up Bone Shield and just press your buttons.

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/blood-death-knight-pve-tank-easy-mode

Mupod

Tips?

I mostly only tank in mythic+, and DPS in raids. But my mythic+ group is quite dedicated and we can consistently clear +15s under time.

For gear: get as much haste as you can. I like crit because it's nice offensively and also gives parry, but yeah I just wear what has the most haste. Set bonus is boring but effective.

There are tank trinkets, but they are of questionable use in mythic+. I use a couple weird ones - a long time ago I got an 895 version of the trinket from Nythendra that has a ton of haste on it. Its use ability drops a bunch of shit on the ground that does damage and gives you a nice pile of leech. Synergizes well with D&D and AOE pulls.

I recently started using Terrorbound Nexus because I got one at 900, its proc sends out damage waves in 4 directions. It is consistently 10-20% of my damage in mythic+, and I only do high level mythic+ so I don't make huge pulls. I'd imagine it'd be nuts in Karazhan or low level mythic+.

Last night I just got the fang off Tichondrius. It gives like 4500 leech for 12 seconds on use. I bet that'll be fun with Vampiric Blood active. And thematic! But yeah, I keep every trinket I find and experiment. So far almost all of the actual 'tank' trinkets have been underwhelming, the ursoc armor one can be nice I guess.

Outside of gear, my tips are to think about how you're going to deal with mythic+ affixes ahead of time. Even if you know how to pull a mythic+ correctly and efficiently, and you'll be expected to, most affixes are the tank's problem. This week in NA is one of the only sets that isn't and even then, if you accidentally double pull with Bolstering you can get fucked over. For a Blood DK Necrotic is your archenemy, although it's manageable with the Death and Decay slow, AMS, and smart kiting.

v1perz53

Tips?

As others have said, there isn't really any dedicated tank gear anymore, but your tank will have different stat weights. Though, for a tank, stat weights are much more of a suggestion than a rule, since often stat weights are different for survivability and damage, and higher ilvl is almost always just better regardless of stats due to more armor and stamina, possibly moreso for a DK where you have healing based on your health%, so more health means more healing (loosely). If you are main spec DPS and just plan to tank with a solid off spec tanking in your gear with DPS stat weights should be more than fine. Mupod's advice above though is definitely better than mine as he actually plays blood. The one place you might want to look for specific tank pieces is trinkets. DPS trinkets are generally fine, and many tanks use them, but for harder stuff some tank trinkets come with some very nice extra effects that can be quite strong.

Oh yea, in terms of general tanking tips, as Mupod said definitely have a plan of attack based on affixes for M+, and most importantly, just familiarize yourself with the dungeons, how you want to do pulls, and how many pulls are necessary to make 100% trash in M+. One of the things that turns people off tanking M+ is all the "responsibility", but it isn't that bad if you just go into it with a plan. Like how pulling 2 packs is great for some affixes, but with bolstering can lead to bad times, or knowing where you will kite for necrotic ahead of time. Just doing each dungeon a bunch is all you really need to get good at that.

Also, I feel like there is a 0% chance anyone will know, but does anyone know themselves or know a place where I can look up how exactly cross realm works, specifically in low level zones? Trying to get an achievement that requires some amount of horde/alli cooperation (and a ton of luck, so I can't just have a friend help me), but my horde toon is on Mal'Ganis and my alli toon is on Tichondrious, not sure if there is a trick to getting them to both show up together.

v1perz53

I don't believe it. I do not believe it. After 6 or 7 years of farming this event, the last holiday event mount is finally mine! Also, I am quite glad I got it early on in the event, as doing the stupid queue on 25 toons per day was getting old very quickly...

6XewQj1.jpg

lord quas

Rolling a six with Roll the Bones + Adrenaline Rush + Curse of the Dreadblades + a boss or Blade Flurry in a large group = one of the most satisfying experiences I've ever had in WoW.

I don't believe it. I do not believe it. After 6 or 7 years of farming this event, the last holiday event mount is finally mine! Also, I am quite glad I got it early on in the event, as doing the stupid queue on 25 toons per day was getting old very quickly...

Congrats!

Lain

Congrats!

belmonkey

I find it kinda funny how I went from playing with the right side of the keyboard years ago to playing with a controller now.I just can't play this game the right way, but at least Legion made things a bit easier.

Lain

Finally got my third leg on my Hunter and it was during a LFR. I was hoping for the belt or the ring (belt in particular because I really need it for those Bestial Wrath times) but it was the new trinket, which is better than the Sephuz I was using and a nice DPS boost but still not what I wanted.

Looks like my Lock has been the luckiest of my characters doing LFR Nighthold, I didn't manage to nab a single piece of tier with the other 2.

Micapo

Congrats... I guess it really exists

What's your end goal? PvP? Or farming? If it's the latter, you're better off capping at 101 and loading up on end of zone quest rewards and BoE gear.

Tarazet

What's your end goal? PvP? Or farming? If it's the latter, you're better off capping at 101 and loading up on end of zone quest rewards and BoE gear.

I guess the answer is both, but being able to one-shot normal mobs should be useful as hell for farming, too. I can get into Legion dungeons at 98, but the problem I'm seeing right off the bat is getting to the 680 ilvl minimum, because the greens in that bracket are 660 baseline. With two relic slots my weapon is only getting to 754. If I had foresight that this would be an issue and loaded up on 7.0 Invasion gear, it could've been avoided, but I can't go back in time sadly.

As I recall, Stormheim drops a 733 piece without having to do a dungeon, so that might be all I need to get going.

Corpekata

Banned
Got the movement speed boots on my blood DK. Makes general movement feel so much better, he's so slow by default when wraith walk is on CD.

Milennia

Apparently Midwinter is done progression raiding.

Milennia, post if you're okay.

yeah we're done it was kinda sudden and most of us didnt know it was going to happen

=/

there is also something scummy that happened with regards to a merger between us and snf and i now have bad blood with many of the people i thought were my friends, but tis the US raiding bullshit you know, noone is straight up and everyone lies to your face.

Ill still keep going, whether i go back to my old guild or aim for the top.

Entropia

No One Remembers
yeah we're done it was kinda sudden and most of us didnt know it was going to happen

=/

there is also something scummy that happened with regards to a merger between us and snf and i now have bad blood with many of the people i thought were my friends, but tis the US raiding bullshit you know, noone is straight up and everyone lies to your face.

Come raid super casual with me bro! We're 4/10 ;)!

=/

Come join us my guild is in sargeras too

We're 8/10
H

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
What took me a month, it took my friend less than 36 minutes.

yhu3jFa.png

Yeah, the first two legs are coming crazy fast. Two newly minted 110 alts in my guild also received their first and second leg within 1 hour quite recently lol.

That's good though imo, legion is already a gigantic pain for alts and newer players -- at the very least they get two legs quick. Can't even equip the second for like 40 days, right? Or did they lower that?

Is Legion any fun? I haven't played for almost 2 years now.

In short, yes.

I came back for Legion and hadn't played since Cata.

I've been having a good time. Better than I thought. There's a lot that feels great on your first or second character. The Broken Isles are mostly well-designed. Artifact weapons are a cool idea, even if the execution is a bit wobbly. I like most of the dungeons. M+ can be really fun, even if it isn't my ideal form of 5-man content. I like it. There's multiple specs I enjoy playing, where when I last played it was always about searching for one spec I could find engaging and have fun with. I find a lot of the main story laughably bad, but I really enjoyed the Suramar stuff once I got past the rep grind.

There are a lot of cracks that start to show eventually, but whether that will ever bother you or not depends on how you play and how much you play.

The legendary system is a complete failure, IMO, managing to be consistently frustrating to players all across the spectrum. The AP grind feels endless and is only getting worse in 7.2. There's still time for Blizzard to address that, but given their engagement numbers for Legion there's no guarantee they even see it as a concern. Between honor talents and AP, the PvP grind feels worse than when you had to grind for gear (BGs and arenas might as well not even exist to me). RNG is pervasive and a constant source of frustration.

I think overall you can have a good time though. I'm getting to the point where I feel I'm frustrated just a bit too much, but I've also been subbed for far longer than I thought I would be and have put a lot of hours in.

Milennia

thanks bros means a lot, im currently in talks with another high end guild will see how tings go and will of course as per usual update you dudes.

so all these guilds are dropping out of the progression race because of AP farm right?

and it only looks to be worse in 7.2. if you do the math, it will take many times more AP to get the rest of the traits even with more AK

Lanrutcon

Is Legion any fun? I haven't played for almost 2 years now.

For a month or two, sure.

Then you gotta deal start dealing with the stupid bits.

Let's just say that I doubt the majority of players would shed a tear if the legendary and artifact systems got thrown in the garbage next expansion.

TheYanger

For a month or two, sure.

Then you gotta deal start dealing with the stupid bits.

Let's just say that I doubt the majority of players would shed a tear if the legendary and artifact systems got thrown in the garbage next expansion.

What an overreaction. There are parts of them that are very bad and Blizz knows it. Fixing the systems instead of just throwing them away is the only lesson worth learning.

Grindiness required for higher AP is bad. They know that

Legendary RNG and how large an effect it has on dpsis bad. they know that.

AP in and of itself is not bad though, and legendaries with fun effects on them are also not inherantly bad.

Artifacts are one of the best systems they have made since the inception of WoW.

The AP grind sucks, but the artifacts themselves are fucking awesome.

Moff

I think both the AP system and the legendary system are major reasons why I still play this game on a daily basis, something I quit doing after about a month after every other expansion. I just logged in for raids after that. they are not perfect but they are very powerful carrots on sticks.

- Legendaries
- AP
- Artifact Weapons
- World Quests
- M+ Dungeons
- Honor Talents (+ Chance at loot after pvp matches)

are all gamechangers for me, introduced in Legion.

Top Bottom