• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The nice thing about BM Hunters is I dont feel compelled to unlock the artifact skins b ecause they're all hideous

The new one might be cool. I've always liked crossbows, and it's like crossbow gun thing.

vocab

Dont you love logging in on patch day losing 20k to 40k dps only to have to grind to get back where you were at for mythic guldan progress.

So funn

Tubie

Dont you love logging in on patch day losing 20k to 40k dps only to have to grind to get back where you were at for mythic guldan progress.

So funn

I was under the impression that everyone is getting, at the very least least, a 10% buff.

Unless they nerfed your spec really hard.

Pretty sure he's referring to losing the paragon points and having to get one of the new traits to get those buffs back.

Oh, yeah.

If you had the 10% trait, then that means you lost 10% of your total output. The extra ranks in various perks might not be enough to provide that different.

Robin64

I mean, not that I trust Blizz 100% about things they say, but they did say:

"After Patch 7.2 is available, players who have an Artifact Weapon of at least rank 35 will be able to further empower that Artifact through a short quest chain. Completing this quest chain will consume any ranks beyond 35, increase the overall power of your Artifact Weapon (to ensure that losing ranks 35+ isn't a downgrade), and unlock access to the new 7.2 traits."

So it looks like there shouldn't be a huge DPS loss from losing that trait, as the quest increases the overall power to make up for it.

Edit: Ah right, the first trait you get from the questline is "Increases damage by 10% and stamina by 10%".

lazygecko

I mean, not that I trust Blizz 100% about things they say, but they did say:

"After Patch 7.2 is available, players who have an Artifact Weapon of at least rank 35 will be able to further empower that Artifact through a short quest chain. Completing this quest chain will consume any ranks beyond 35, increase the overall power of your Artifact Weapon (to ensure that losing ranks 35+ isn’t a downgrade), and unlock access to the new 7.2 traits."

So it looks like there shouldn't be a huge DPS loss from losing that trait, as the quest increases the overall power to make up for it.

What do they mean by increasing power? Item level boost?

Mupod

I've been so absorbed in other things, only logging in to do the bare minimum, that I have almost no idea what to expect when I log in today. I do know I need to do this artifact questline, at least. And my mythic+ group mentioned they overhauled that system somewhat.

Never did max out my Frost artifact. I think I'm around 52. I split my points quite a bit between Frost and Blood and really dropped off hard on doing world quests after I got my fifth legendary. Still got a decent amount of AP from raids and our 2-4 mythic+ a week, but not enough to max either one out.

Did they ever separate legendary drop rates between different specs? I finally got my first Blood legendary (belt) last week, and with the Sephuz buff I don't see myself dropping it for anything. Also in that same raid our main tank prot paladin got THREE legendaries, he already had 5 before that I think.

Corpekata

Banned
They are adding the spec protection with the patch today.

Universal ones count though, so if you have 2 that work for multiple specs, it might be a while before you get your third.

-NeoTB1-

Which RP servers are balanced and with a nice community?

I play on both MoonGuard (Alliance) and Wyrmrest Accord (Horde). The former is definitely skewed in favor of the Alliance, but the latter seems more balanced to me. I run into a lot more of the opposing faction on WrA.

Edit - in terms of nice community, both are pretty good. You get the crazy ERP people on MG, but they are easy enough to avoid. WrA has far less of it in my experience. But yeah, both are solid overall.

Magnus

Oh tiiiight, new buff to the shadow priest legendary helm? That was my first legendary and it's been rotting in my bags ever since I got the bracers to add to my ring. I think I'll swap the ring out now, probably. Amazing!

Tubie

Oh tiiiight, new buff to the shadow priest legendary helm? That was my first legendary and it's been rotting in my bags ever since I got the bracers to add to my ring. I think I'll swap the ring out now, probably. Amazing!

And it's not that far behind the ones considered BIS.

https://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10100

2Ub5mwp.png

(keep in mind that sephuz at the top is if you can proc it on cooldown, it goes down a lot if you can't)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The only legendary I have on my priest is that shit twins ring. It is barely even noticeable. The ring almost may as well just be 940 ilvl with no proc.

Magnus

The only legendary I have on my priest is that shit twins ring. It is barely even noticeable. The ring almost may as well just be 940 ilvl with no proc.

It totally changed how I played and how incredible I felt in Mythic +5s when I first got it, before they changed everything in 7.1.5 with removing Mind Sear. I was so happy with it.

lazygecko

Ugh. Having to do single player scenario stuff just to unlock a new zone is terrible MMO design. Isle of Thunder was bad enough and I thought they had learned from that.

v1perz53

Well that was a pleasant surprise, had 6 days left on the "equip 2 legendaries" order research when I logged out yesterday, logged in and it was complete today. Not sure if the total time was nerfed or I got a lucky bug, but either way wasn't expecting it so it was a nice surprise.

E: I guess it was actually shitty, since I spent 7k more resources than I would've had to for it, but what can you do.

Ugh. Having to do single player scenario stuff just to unlock a new zone is terrible MMO design. Isle of Thunder was bad enough and I thought they had learned from that.

Hah I've never disagreed more. As someone who plays on an unbalanced (not in my favor) PvP server I love when they introduce big plot points and zones with single player scenarios, at least then I can read some of the text and experience story/zone elements without getting killed every 2 seconds and skipping all text. And this one's short enough. Isle of Thunder scenarios are still some of my favorite content in the game. Though I do always hope they make it optional on alts, like broken shores intro. Opening the isle of thunder on alts was a bit of a pain.

Lain

I shouldn't have left the archeology bi-weekly quest to the last day without knowing what I would have had to do, my fault for that, but these 25 projects done feels so bullshit when the randomness has them go between 35 and 120 pieces needed.
If it wasn't for the paladin class hall mount not dropping you even after the item disappears, making the trek and business a little less annoying, I don't think I'd be toughing it up.

old order hall advanceements are cheaper and quicker now

1 day for 2 legendaries at 8k resources

That's pretty nice. I could have saved time and resources for my DH had I known about this change, as I started the double leg research a couple days ago.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I tried to play the game at like ~10% loaded and it takes 20 minutes to load into the game and 20 more minutes to use Death Gate.
KuGsj.gif

v1perz53

Wait so I feel kind of retarded, but I can't figure out how to unlock the new artifact traits or AK 26. I finished all the broken shores stuff up to the point where I have a dungeon quest for Cathedral, and there's nothing else I can see. Do I have to do the dungeon before I can get AK26 or new traits? I didn't think so...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wait so I feel kind of retarded, but I can't figure out how to unlock the new artifact traits or AK 26. I finished all the broken shores stuff up to the point where I have a dungeon quest for Cathedral, and there's nothing else I can see. Do I have to do the dungeon before I can get AK26 or new traits? I didn't think so...

You should be able to go to your order hall and start AK26.

Someone in guild chat said the new traits are locked behind a 2 week gate.

cdyhybrid

You should have gotten a quest to talk to the AK guy in your class hall. You get it after the quest for gathering the knowledge from the three locations in Broken Shore.

Corpekata

Banned
You should be able to go to your order hall and start AK26.

Someone in guild chat said the new traits are locked behind a 2 week gate.

They aren't. You'll get a quest to find a "hidden threat" that just means you have to loot a scroll from a mob in the area and then goes from there. I got it off one of the marked elites on the map.

The 2 week gate is for the invasions to start up.

v1perz53

They aren't. You'll get a quest to find a "hidden threat" that just means you have to loot a scroll from a mob in the area and then goes from there. I got it off one of the marked elites on the map.

The 2 week gate is for the invasions to start up.

You should have gotten a quest to talk to the AK guy in your class hall. You get it after the quest for gathering the knowledge from the three locations in Broken Shore.

Sigh, I don't have either of these quests, the "hidden threat" one or the AK26 one from my order hall, nor did I ever get the quest to gather knowledge from three locations on the broken shore. I had quests to visit the two flight path areas, then I got a quest for Cathedral that I haven't done yet, nothing else. Seems wonky, I'll just wait a bit and see I guess.

Top Bottom