• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Yeah this is great. Stocking up on these.

A0g2pb2.jpg

Good in dungeons too. Doesn't persist through death. Gonna have to stock up for progression =P

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Tried it once and that was enough for me.

Not going to spend hours wiping and getting angry for a skin that looks pretty shitty.

[edit]

This night thing is pretty cool, been asking for this shit since Cata.

Now if only it could be a setting...

Well, if you want to know what everything looks like at night, just wander over to r/wow.

Rep grinding for the Pathfinder achievement and the Nightfallen quest line is a real pain in the ass.

For Pathfinder Pat 1, I don't mind having to do the PVE, explore the world or the Revered rep requirement with all of the base factions in Legion, that's just going to naturally occur with doing world quests. What I dislike is the rep gating on the Nightfallen questline in Suramar. Particularly the exalted wall. That's just there to artificially gate and prolong the contents duration. Not sure about Pathfinder 2 yet.

Lain

Yeah, inky potion is cool, but the night time all the time for 2 hours part isn't. I'd rather the game had real nights again, but since after all these years since they removed them, their only reintroduction is through a potion...

Robin64

Broken Shore is garbage. Nethershards are a shitty currency that drops from just one boring activity, and you need way too many of them to get anything. The buildings seems to take way longer to build than they will be up. Not getting both the building buffs is bad, everyone I know was doing Mage Tower for the rep bonus which never came. The questline being time-gated is more crappy modern Blizzard padding. I could go on. I'm not a fan.

mclem

Anyone did the Protpala quest yet? Heard enemies have double the health compared to other tanks?

Well, I don't have the other tanks' numbers to compare with, but I didn't *feel* like I was struggling to kill mobs (other than the Inquisitor, but that's more a proximity thing - and the whole point!)

Magnus

Didn't realize that Night wasn't accurate in game. Shows how little I pay attention. I guess everything does still have a daytime glow to it, even if the skybox is nighttime.

So this actually transforms shit into a darkier, moodier game?

Also, did Invasions start?

RPGCrazied

Didn't realize that Night wasn't accurate in game. Shows how little I pay attention. I guess everything does still have a daytime glow to it, even if the skybox is nighttime.

Yes, whether are not they make it an option or whatever is another question, and for the time being you need to drink these potions to see it. You can buy them at Darkmoon Faire.

And good question, I got the quest to do one, but I don't see a one in any zone.

Fjordson

The inky black potion is so dope. Even the shaman class hall looks twice as cool with it. Feels like a proper cave with how dark it gets and I love how the lighting looks when it's that dark. Things like torches or fire elementals stick out a lot more.

Cities also look amazing. I flew around Stormwind for like 15 minutes with it on (while in a dungeon queue) just watching the city.

Mupod

I remember before WoW came out I was very relieved that nighttime wasn't all that dark. Since the game's time of day operates on a real world cycle, I was worried I'd never be able to see shit because of my weird working hours.

Jag

Yeah, I've been sitting here wondering when one is supposed to pop up. Figured it would have happened after I accepted the quest at Broken Shore.

Blizzard just posted that they will show up later today for US and at least 1 per day in different zones.

Blizzard just posted that they will show up later today for US and at least 1 per day in different zones.

Ah, good to know.

So if they each give 1500 reputation, and combine that with normal Broken Shores world quests, I should be flying next Sunday. Probably would have been Saturday but there's some pet battles I missed.

Lomax

Pet battles are more unforgiving than Dark Souls.

I can't for the life of me beat the fucking Darmoon Faire pet battle daily. And when I look it up on Wowhead, of course people are recommending pets that you can't even get in the game any more.

Mechanical Pandarian Dragonling, Lil Bling, and Iron Starlette will beat both fights easily and none of those pets are particularly rare or expensive. I can give you a more detailed strat if you'd like, feel free to pm me.

Jag

Mechanical Pandarian Dragonling, Lil Bling, and Iron Starlette will beat both fights easily and none of those pets are particularly rare or expensive. I can give you a more detailed strat if you'd like, feel free to pm me.

Not sure Starlette is in the game anymore (think it was a Garrosh drop) and Bling is a drop from a Blingtron. Starlette should be very cheap on AH though. It's a great pet to have with tons of utility. Either way Wowhead strats should be easy to substitute other pets.

Not sure Starlette is in the game anymore (think it was a Garrosh drop) and Bling is a drop from a Blingtron. Starlette should be very cheap on AH though. It's a great pet to have with tons of utility. Either way Wowhead strats should be easy to substitute other pets.

Starlette dropped from the pre-WoD event but its like Felbat Pup, you cant get em anymore but there are millions of them out there.

Lil Bling is pretty cheap. Mech Dragon might be a bit more

Jag

So the Legionfall rep was for the turnin with Maiev on the Island. 1500 and doesn't look repeatable. Guess it's still grinding resources.

Lain

Not surprising to read that tagging is a problem, as I'd expect even more people doing invasions compared to being below the Sentinax, though still disappointing.

Corpekata

Banned
For when you do the scenario, queue was bugged (or really stupidly long). Queue with 3 people, it's not something that needs dedicated healers or tanks so no reason to wait if you can bug guild/pugs to come with.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
I assume it has to be possible that the 'no daily' aspect to invasion rep rewards is maybe due to a limit of one 'rep gain' per zone? Or maybe a 'once per week' type deal?

Otherwise, if it's literally just a one-time boost, that's going to be a heckuva grind for the tokens, and is insanely dumb on Blizz' part to try and force world content.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
can you do the flying quest on any character once you have revered or is revered part of the requirement for the quest?

So apparently the Havoc+ challenge now is bugged. Keep dying to comet storm damage in the second ice phase when I'm no longer in the AoE. Impossible to stay alive at that point cause he teleports very far away in that moment too.

Game is good again...

Had it proc the staff Polymorph on the first thing I Poly'd in Elwynn Forrest, the bleeting sheep staff is both terrifying and hilarious. Now I just have to switch to Frost every time I go to the mage order hall and play Fire every time I'm in Suramar.

cdyhybrid

Game is good again...

Had it proc the staff Polymorph on the first thing I Poly'd in Elwynn Forrest, the bleeting sheep staff is both terrifying and hilarious. Now I just have to switch to Frost every time I go to the mage order hall and play Fire every time I'm in Suramar.
I think hidden appearances drop regardless of your current spec. Don't quote me though.

I've been playing Legion since launch and have only had two hidden artifact appearances drop, both were for the spec I was playing as. For Mage I've had the teleportation nexus in my Order Hall since I was able to build it and I haven't had that random teleportation proc to Frostfire Ridge occur yet.

I think I'm just going to start maining Frost on the Broken Shore after completing The Council's Wisdom daily anyways. It gives you a 2 hour long buff that provides a 5% increase to experience and reputation gains. Not as good as the human passive, but it doesn't cost 20$.

Top Bottom