• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

So I was leveling my warrior this afternoon, was in Ironforge turning in some dailies when an arcane mage happened to pop into trade and mention they had completed the artifact challenge. I whispered them and asked if they didn't mind sharing what ilvl and legs. 906 with Belo'vir and Prydaz. They said they couldn't do it last week and then they got Prydaz, which absorbed 22 Million damage. That made it possible to complete the artifact challenge.

My Mage only has Shard of the Exodar. I feel like I'm due for my next Legendary to drop soon and I hope it's Prydaz.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So I was leveling my warrior this afternoon, was in Ironforge turning in some dailies when an arcane mage happened to pop into trade and mention they had completed the artifact challenge. I whispered them and asked if they didn't mind sharing what ilvl and legs. 906 with Belo'vir and Prydaz. They said they couldn't do it last week and then they got Prydaz, which absorbed 22 Million damage. That made it possible to complete the artifact challenge.

My Mage only has Shard of the Exodar. I feel like I'm due for my next Legendary to drop soon and I hope it's Prydaz.

Yeah, defensive legendaries are reportedly really good for this event - especially Prydaz, the mail healing boots, or stuff like the Will of Valeera for rogues.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Depending on how casual casual is I guess. Tomb LFR gear is 880, which is easily doable without even stepping in. For me it will likely be the Argus patch.

Yeah, I was more thinking casual = Tomb Normal (905).

Yeah, defensive legendaries are reportedly really good for this event - especially Prydaz, the mail healing boots, or stuff like the Will of Valeera for rogues.

Welp, I'll just keep doing WQ's, emissary caches, running Mythic+ dungeons, and pugging raids hoping something good happens soon. I got the Shard off of some random WQ rare in Val'sharah months back, so who knows where the next one will come from.

Fjordson

Welp, I'll just keep doing WQ's, emissary caches, running Mythic+ dungeons, and pugging raids hoping something good happens soon. I got the Shard off of some random WQ rare in Val'sharah months back, so who knows where the next one will come from.
Weekly world bosses + emissary caches seem to be lucky for me. Gotten three emissary legendaries and two from world bosses across my two characters.

So you got yours as just like loot from a WQ boss? I didn't even know they dropped like that.

You'll out-gear it with Tomb I'm sure.

Depending on how casual casual is I guess. Tomb LFR gear is 880, which is easily doable without even stepping in. For me it will likely be the Argus patch.

I'll probably give it a try after getting some Tomb gear but more than likely it's going to take Argus or beyond. I am really bad, lol.

Also turn in Legion resources towards one of the three buildings at Broken Shore. I've gotten two legendaries from the caches you get for contributing.

Question about the Essence of Power quest, can you run Emerald Nightmare more than once a week and still get the essences? I got some essence caches on defeating the bosses, I get not being able to loot the bosses again, but would those still drop?

So you got yours as just like loot from a WQ boss? I didn't even know they dropped like that.

It shocked me when it dropped. People were complaining about having two or three "bad" Legendaries when I got the Shard, so I wasn't gonna complain about finally getting my first one or where I got it from.

Also turn in Legion resources towards one of the three buildings at Broken Shore. I've gotten two legendaries from the caches you get for contributing.

Damn.

The building turn-ins are part of my routine on The Broken Shore for Legionfall rep, but all I've gotten from them are shards and OH resources I don't really need anymore.

And there it is, my second Legendary, off of some random Wyrmtongue chest from The Broken Shore...

gpqzFkv.jpg

carlsojo

Hmmmm so I can't figure out how to unlock the new 7.2 follower on my warlock for the life of me.

I've finished the class hall campaign, done an invasion, maxed out my artifact weapon, etc. Not sure what I'm missing.

cdyhybrid

Hmmmm so I can't figure out how to unlock the new 7.2 follower on my warlock for the life of me.

I've finished the class hall campaign, done an invasion, maxed out my artifact weapon, etc. Not sure what I'm missing.
It's part of the weekly quest chain in Broken Shore

Wow holy shit leveling a Belf is misery. That starting zone is the definition of pain. Every quest is go half away across the map to talk to some guy to talk to another guy and kill X low spawn/low drop mobs. Sheesh...

Entropia

No One Remembers
I gave up on doing the challenge mode appearance on my Shaman, for now. Seems that the best legendary to have is the passive healing one which I don't have :(

Wow holy shit leveling a Belf is misery. That starting zone is the definition of pain. Every quest is go half away across the map to talk to some guy to talk to another guy and kill X low spawn/low drop mobs. Sheesh...

Yeah, when they changed the rest of the questing experience, BC content (Draenei and Blood Elves) didn't get touched. It's horrible when you compare to the new style/way of questing.

Lain

Have you gone to broken shore to talk to Maiev, then gone back to your class hall? After that it is pretty straight forward, you just do the little chain of quests you get sent to do (for warlock it is azsuna > broken shore) and once you go back again to your class hall you unlock the follower and the ability to keep researching for class hall upgrades.

Edit: and now I can fly again. Such a game changer!

Daniel R

Flying and invasions coupled with world quest group finder is the new best way of levelling. Takes 20-30 minutes per invasion to do all 6 quests and you get almost a level each invasion. If you loot the drops you get on average 2 pcs of dauntless tokens before you ding 110.

At 110 you can do the introductory broken shore quests and one more full invasion and you have almost full 850+ gear and almost all 35 traits.

carlsojo

Just figured it out. You only need to complete your Class Hall questline, empower your artifact weapon to get the second set of appearances, and complete the intro quests to the Broken Shore. You don't need to max out an artifact weapon, complete an invasion, or get any level of reputation with anyone.

Robin64

Kinda getting sick of sending followers on <2 hours missions on the app to only find that it's really a 10+ hour mission. Must remember to stop using the app.

None of my guildies have gotten their challenge weapon this go around. At this rate I'll stay as the only person int he guild with his challenge artifact skin. Got mine the first time mage tower went up at ilvl 891 (and I'm the lowest ilvl in the core group, average is everyone except me and 3 others are 900+).

In other news, got two legendaries over the course of this past week. Assassination rogue bracers and and cross spec ring.

lazygecko

The design for the new artifact traits feel pretty inconsistent across the different classes and specs. The majority of them seem 100% made for raiding in mind, providing long term benefits that only pay off during long raid boss encounters, so as a PvPer you can just ignore those and prioritize spending points on the new ranks for the older traits that will be more beneficial for PvP. But then I look at the new traits for Arms warrior and see a trait which gives you a 1% chance per rage spent to get a big heal, so you'll obviously want to go for that straight away as a PvPer, but I don't see much reason for a serious raider to prioritize that.

Can't wait to water walk like I'm a Shaman and turn into a fish like I'm a Druid...

Pre-flight, this was one of the best things ever. As a druid, it allowed me to walk on water in my travel form. Add to that, my travel form can carry my wife's character around. As far as I am aware, it was the only way to carry another person over water in this expansion since the "walk on water buff" does not work while on a mount. We used this form of travel countless times over the past 6 months.

Oh yeah, I carry my wife everywhere in this game. It makes WQ's so much easier having me plan out the next location just as we're wrapping one up, then carry use there ASAP. No fuss, no muss.

Tarazet

Pre-flight, this was one of the best things ever. As a druid, it allowed me to walk on water in my travel form. Add to that, my travel form can carry my wife's character around. As far as I am aware, it was the only way to carry another person over water in this expansion since the "walk on water buff" does not work while on a mount. We used this form of travel countless times over the past 6 months.

Oh yeah, I carry my wife everywhere in this game. It makes WQ's so much easier having me plan out the next location just as we're wrapping one up, then carry use there ASAP. No fuss, no muss.

Since when does water-walking not work while mounted? It certainly does on my Shaman as long as some mob doesn't randomly knock it off of you.

Since when does water-walking not work while mounted? It certainly does on my Shaman as long as some mob doesn't randomly knock it off of you.

"Surface Tension" is a buff given by the Underlight Angler that allows the user to walk on water. The buff does not work while mounted. That's why my above scenario about being a druid with the ability was so cool and unique.

Lomax

Kinda getting sick of sending followers on <2 hours missions on the app to only find that it's really a 10+ hour mission. Must remember to stop using the app.

Yeah, I was complaining about this the other day, the app has been completely broken since 7.2. Basically you can infer that things are longer than it says but I had a mission end up being over a day (1 day 8 hours) which was incredibly frustrating. The app has been a great boon this expansion but it has gotten more and more buggy as time has gone by and very few of them get fixed.

lazygecko

Huh... so I log on after the daily reset and see that somehow I already have 1 Dreamweavers quest checked off for the emissary. How the hell could that happen? I know I did one world quest in Val Sharah earlier the same day. Did they somehow make it so that quests you did the same day before the reset retroactively counts towards the relevant emissary?

Jag

Flying and invasions coupled with world quest group finder is the new best way of levelling. Takes 20-30 minutes per invasion to do all 6 quests and you get almost a level each invasion. If you loot the drops you get on average 2 pcs of dauntless tokens before you ding 110.

At 110 you can do the introductory broken shore quests and one more full invasion and you have almost full 850+ gear and almost all 35 traits.

That's what I'm doing. Been incredible for getting alts to 110 with 850 gear right away.

Congrats, that was the one to get!!

The 12% mana return for a 4 charge barrage is pretty damned cool. Definitely don't have to lean on Evocation quite as often in longer encounters now. Way more useful than Shard, which is kinda fun but it's not like people will wanna pop Lust multiple times for one person.

Ha, that sounds really sweet.

Magnus

9426/12k Legionfall rep. So over the grind...and yes, logging in every day to do 5 or 6 more WQs, kill a bunch of elites, etc. is a grind. Hopefully only on or two more days plus whatever gives us 1500 on Tuesday should get me there.

I would have preferred a greater diversity of tasks, even the invasions, rather than just slowly watching one bar go up to revered. Something that I could pursue more actively...\

How long does it take for Broken Shore WQs to refresh?

The Exalted grind with Legionfall to get our class mounts is going to be even worse. There's a couple of class mounts I want but I can't imagine doing this on multiple toons if the time gating for Broken Shore quests is per character after this initial opening period of the content.

Got some toys from Withered Training but still no fox mount. I think I've got all of the upgrades for the Withered finally and I've got my ancient mana capacity up to 2000, so I may finally be able to brute force my way up that damned spider gauntlet.

The 12% mana return for a 4 charge barrage is pretty damned cool. Definitely don't have to lean on Evocation quite as often in longer encounters now. Way more useful than Shard, which is kinda fun but it's not like people will wanna pop Lust multiple times for one person.

Yeah Shard is potentially such a cool item, but I hate the execution of it. Like you said, too much of a PITA to utilize

The Exalted grind with Legionfall to get our class mounts is going to be even worse. There's a couple of class mounts I want but I can't imagine doing this on multiple toons if the time gating for Broken Shore quests is per character after this initial opening period of the content.

I assumed that after all of the quests have been unlocked over time that any future characters will be able to shoot right through them. I'd hope that they wouldn't make any character wanting to go through the quest line have to wait eleven weeks despite having them already completed on one character.

I assumed that after all of the quests have been unlocked over time that any future characters will be able to shoot right through them. I'd hope that they wouldn't make any character wanting to go through the quest line have to wait eleven weeks despite having them already completed on one character.

I hope that's the case, it's the only way I'll bother to run that grind again on an alt.

So I have the Acherus drape (legendary cloak) Archimond's hatred reborn, and service of gorefiend. I'm not sure which I should equip for a blood DK. I use the belt regularly, the healing from the cloak seems great, but the trinket seems like it would be great for dungeons and not raids. Thoughts from any other blood DKs?

Fjordson

Has anyone tried to solo Draenor raids yet? Specifically mythic Blackrock Foundry? Wondering if I can manage as a 876 frost DK.

Also, finally got flying, feels amazing to bounce from world quest to world quest now. And it makes Broken Shore much more manageable as a zone. Love it.

Has anyone tried to solo Draenor raids yet? Specifically mythic Blackrock Foundry? Wondering if I can manage as a 876 frost DK.

Also, finally got flying, feels amazing to bounce from world quest to world quest now. And it makes Broken Shore much more manageable as a zone. Love it.

Mythic BRF isn't soloable. At the very least you need a priest or outlaw rogue for Blast Furnace.

Even Mythic Highmaul would be a stretch to solo. Maybe doable by 2-3+ people though.

Top Bottom