• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

I only do LFR to gear up fresh alts

Edit: New legendaries not obtainable via nether shards. Better pray to RNGesus

My main spec has almost allthe current legendaries so getting the new ones shouldn't be too bad at all. The people that play alts or swap specs frequently will have to pray though!

v1perz53

God I can't make this shit up. After two weeks of my first legendary not dropping on my Blood DK I finally got my first today. And its the belt, the SINGLE ONLY legendary that shares a slot with my crafted legendary, AND shares a slot with the 900 belt I got from the world boss this week. I guess I have a lot of good belts now? And I still don't have two legendary items to use, despite owning two on the character now.

Hah, I guess I'm not maximum salty though, since the belt is at least a very powerful item and its fun to use. ~25-35 sec CD on Vamp Blood now if I'm playing well, which is fun to play with and great for M+ hard trash pulls.

Lain

First time in a very long while I find a login queue. I'm guessing something happened because a login queue at 2am is't normal at all.

Oh yeah, there's a message about problems. Bleh.

Hixx

Man, getting Legendaries out of my arsehole on my Frost DK since going back a few weeks ago. Not even raiding or running M+ at the moment and I've gotten 3 from the Broken Shore turn-ins. Do at most 1 a day as well. Glad the first one was the Seal mind, latest two have been the Drapes and Legs, woof.

Corsick

Well folks, I'm diving back in tonight after being gone since last December. What's this about Legendaries up the wazoo? I'll be going back to my Blood DK but have no idea what content to try my hand at. I'm only at ilvl 804 right now, should I be doing heroics? I can barely remember the gear requirements for any of the content to be honest.

Hixx

Well folks, I'm diving back in tonight after being gone since last December. What's this about Legendaries up the wazoo? I'll be going back to my Blood DK but have no idea what content to try my hand at. I'm only at ilvl 804 right now, should I be doing heroics? I can barely remember the gear requirements for any of the content to be honest.

You need 825 for Heroics now.

But with the new Broken Shore zone, that's gonna take you less than a night's work. If there's an invasion up, there's 5-6 pieces of 850+ ilvl loot up for grabs for 20 minutes work via Nethershards.

Corsick

You need 825 for Heroics now.

But with the new Broken Shore zone, that's gonna take you less than a night's work. If there's an invasion up, there's 5-6 pieces of 850+ ilvl loot up for grabs for 20 minutes work via Nethershards.

Back when I did the shore to start, it was the introductory sequence to the game. I can do it as much as needed until I essentially get all the gear there is from it then? Sounds cool if so.

I know Marksmanship is not the most complex of spec's but there's something really satisfying about tagging a mob with Hunter's Mark using Multi-Shot and then mowing it down with Marked Shot.

Hixx

Back when I did the shore to start, it was the introductory sequence to the game. I can do it as much as needed until I essentially get all the gear there is from it then? Sounds cool if so.

Farming Nethershards is a bit of a drag when invasions aren't up but yes, the island is basically one big catchup. You can deck yourself out in full 880+ from it if you've got the time and patience.

Corsick

Farming Nethershards is a bit of a drag when invasions aren't up but yes, the island is basically one big catchup. You can deck yourself out in full 880+ from it if you've got the time and patience.

Thanks, I appreciate the help getting back up to speed! My last question is about PVP. Is using a tank build in PVP a good idea? It seems "ok" in PUGs, but I'm assuming it's still not too great in any sort of competitive play.

Tarazet

I know Marksmanship is not the most complex of spec's but there's something really satisfying about tagging a mob with Hunter's Mark using Multi-Shot and then mowing it down with Marked Shot.

Survival is satisfying too, it's a shame that the new spec hasn't gotten off the ground except in lowbie PVP. And I know why, it's because the complexity is up there with BoS Frost or Subtlety Rogues, which combined with being all-new is a big turn-off to a lot of people.

TheYanger

well, and people that play hunters don't want a melee spec. Like, if they suddenly made a caster DK spec it wouldn't be popular either. It's a snowflake spec.

Nokterian

So is it me or does Tauren Mill vs Southshore not just only lag but having huge delay's? I see people saying it while playing it fuck even my performance tanks when doing this.

Tarazet

well, and people that play hunters don't want a melee spec. Like, if they suddenly made a caster DK spec it wouldn't be popular either. It's a snowflake spec.

I think that it could have gotten play if they didn't make the spec such a giant button bloat float. At level 25, Survival is a blast. At 110, using the Way of the Mok'Nathal spec, it's a chore because you have so many damn buttons to press.

Munkyspace

So is it me or does Tauren Mill vs Southshore not just only lag but having huge delay's? I see people saying it while playing it fuck even my performance tanks when doing this.

Sounds just like the old Southshore vs Tarren Mill. Glad they kept it authentic.

Lain

I think Vethir got moved for the Cry More Thunder! WQ. I wonder if it was because of Ally people constantly killing the horde bat.

Nokterian

Finally my hidden artifact for my guardian druid dropped while doing lfr just for some AP farming.

wowscrnshot_060317_08i9uxf.jpg

I've just started leveling for Legion and am at the quest to choose which spec artifact I want to begin with for my priest. I have been leveling in shadow but almost exclusively heal in dungeons/raids with holy. I don't typically run dungeons while I level, I exclusively quest until level cap.

Is it in my best interest to just focus on the shadow weapon while I level and then swap over to start with holy once I hit 110 and start doing dungeons? Should I be doing dungeons while leveling and trying to level holy that way and using shadow still while questing?

I've browsed through the wowhead guide and while informative, I can't really make heads or tales about what is the best use of my time. I'm about 85% of the way through level 99 currently and want to choose the correct path now while leveling so I don't waste time later.

I've just started leveling for Legion and am at the quest to choose which spec artifact I want to begin with for my priest. I have been leveling in shadow but almost exclusively heal in dungeons/raids with holy. I don't typically run dungeons while I level, I exclusively quest until level cap.

Is it in my best interest to just focus on the shadow weapon while I level and then swap over to start with holy once I hit 110 and start doing dungeons? Should I be doing dungeons while leveling and trying to level holy that way and using shadow still while questing?

I've browsed through the wowhead guide and while informative, I can't really make heads or tales about what is the best use of my time. I'm about 85% of the way through level 99 currently and want to choose the correct path now while leveling so I don't waste time later.

You can safely focus on one spec while leveling without negatively affecting the spec you intend to play at cap. Artifact Power is how you level the weapons, and the amount you get while leveling is immediately eclipsed at 110 through Artifact Knowledge research, which multiplies the amount of Artifact Power you receive.

The few ranks (Maybe 8-10?) you get in Shadow while leveling will be inconsequential when you can get enough AP to level your Holy Weapon to 35 in a few hours of play at 110. At that point the AP you spent on your shadow weapon is worth not even a quarter of one bar for the next level.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
btt7gu8h.png

The last part of Breaching the Tomb ought to unlock June 6. I wonder if completing that achievement provides more quests to do, or if we have to wait until June 20 to do something more concerning Tomb of Sargeras. Patch 7.2.5 which includes the new Chromie scenario hopefully will release June 13, so I guess no follow up to Strike Them Down wouldn't be so bad in terms of content.

Nokterian

Rösti;239037243 said:
btt7gu8h.png

The last part of Breaching the Tomb ought to unlock June 6. I wonder if completing that achievement provides more quests to do, or if we have to wait until June 20 to do something more concerning Tomb of Sargeras. Patch 7.2.5 which includes the new Chromie scenario hopefully will release June 13, so I guess no follow up to Strike Them Down wouldn't be so bad in terms of content.

I still need to work to unlock that last trait for the mount quest.

Corsick

How much time does it normally take to unlock flying? I'm getting started tonight after purchasing a bunch of gear from the broken shore quartermaster. I have to check how much rep I've already grinded though.

How much time does it normally take to unlock flying? I'm getting started tonight after purchasing a bunch of gear from the broken shore quartermaster. I have to check how much rep I've already grinded though.
It depends what you have done already. If you have Part 1 done, the Broken Shore bit will be fairly fast with all the unlocked quests available.

But if you haven't completed Suramar, it's going to take a few weeks to work through that rep. The last parts of Good Sumaritan unlock at 20k/21k revered.

You can safely focus on one spec while leveling without negatively affecting the spec you intend to play at cap. Artifact Power is how you level the weapons, and the amount you get while leveling is immediately eclipsed at 110 through Artifact Knowledge research, which multiplies the amount of Artifact Power you receive.

The few ranks (Maybe 8-10?) you get in Shadow while leveling will be inconsequential when you can get enough AP to level your Holy Weapon to 35 in a few hours of play at 110. At that point the AP you spent on your shadow weapon is worth not even a quarter of one bar for the next level.

Thank you sir, I appreciate the ease of mind you've provided me. :)

Enosh

jesus christ can a druid explain the class hall campaign to me because this a is cluster fuck

got like 9 quest, some 4 dungeon quest (would be 5 but already finished an azshara one once), one quest to plant 100 seeds on dead bodies (I assume that's just a kill 100 thins quest) one to do 10 1h long missions (every other class has to do 5...) a 5 bloods one and like 2 more quest I don't remember

do i need to finish all of this to do the class hall campaign? Druid is my 11th class at 110 and no other one was this convoluted so far or threw that many quest at you

v1perz53

And here I am wishing every second that they would go all in and make Unholy a full caster spec. Clawing shadows makes it so close, all it needs is a better way to apply festering wounds from range and it'd be perfect, the ideal ranged necromancer class. I actually really enjoyed 80% ranged UH playstyle back in beta.

But I understand what you're saying, no one rolled Hunter because they wanted a melee spec (like no one rolled DK cause they wanted a ranged spec) so adding one didn't find many players. But I think the issue with Survival is more that the spec feels really raw versus other melee in addition to it being added to a ranged only class, it is missing a lot of the fine tuning that went into smoothing out the other melee specs over several expansions, and has some super punishing mechanics and windows. Kinda sad, cause the idea and animations in general are pretty cool.

jesus christ can a druid explain the class hall campaign to me because this a is cluster fuck

got like 9 quest, some 4 dungeon quest (would be 5 but already finished an azshara one once), one quest to plant 100 seeds on dead bodies (I assume that's just a kill 100 thins quest) one to do 10 1h long missions (every other class has to do 5...) a 5 bloods one and like 2 more quest I don't remember

do i need to finish all of this to do the class hall campaign? Druid is my 11th class at 110 and no other one was this convoluted so far or threw that many quest at you

Yea, don't think any of that is optional. Druid tax for having 4 specs and quick LFD queues I guess? Druid campaign seemed pretty crap to me and I did it twice, they really do throw a lot of garbage at you right at the end, kills any momentum of the campaign. At least you're doing it now, when I did it at launch the 5 bloods quest was bugged and just took every blood you had on your character at that time...

Tarazet

Blizzard's dice are loaded. I made a couple hundred Ancient Mana Potions, halfway through the set I get the 3-star recipe. OK, that seemed like it was about the normal amount of crafts to get that. Then I make my first batch of Flask of Whispered Pact after getting the 2-star recipe from the dungeon. The 5th one drops the 3-star recipe. There was no more than a minute between these two events.

I know people who have made hundreds of flasks without getting 3-star.

Whenever I have good luck with procs they seem to come in pairs.

I wish I knew about Exotic pet abilities sooner. I didn't know hunters could basically gain everything from water walking, slow fall, battle res, to blood lust.

Lain

I wish I knew about Exotic pet abilities sooner. I didn't know hunters could basically gain everything from water walking, slow fall, battle res, to blood lust.

It's one the cool perks about being a Beast Master.
I wish they'd decide to enlarge the stables because I have no more room to store pets and still many left to tame.

Maximus.

Looking to jump back into the game with a friend potentially. We want to level new Alts. I already have a Pally and DK, but am debating between Hunter and Druid. I played both back in the day, had fun with both. I wonder is Hunter a good damage dealer and group member, moreso in end game? If I do Druid, am I essentially going to have to be a tank or healer end game?

v1perz53

It's one the cool perks about being a Beast Master.
I wish they'd decide to enlarge the stables because I have no more room to store pets and still many left to tame.

Kinda wish they would open up the exotic abilities to Surv at least (if not MM too). I'm glad they added lust and battle rez to non-exotics, but some of the cool utility like spirit mend, water walk and slow fall would be really nice on surv. Hell, I kind of think that new survival hunter should be able to tame exotic pets now also, since they are pretty pet focused as well. Would give them a bit more random utility and interesting stuff, which surv sorely needs.

TheYanger

Looking to jump back into the game with a friend potentially. We want to level new Alts. I already have a Pally and DK, but am debating between Hunter and Druid. I played both back in the day, had fun with both. I wonder is Hunter a good damage dealer and group member, moreso in end game? If I do Druid, am I essentially going to have to be a tank or healer end game?

How far back in the day are we talking? I thought you played pretty recently but I'm terrible with user names so maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Right now virtually everything has its place, there is always 'better' and 'worse' but there's no trash tier anymore as long as you're willing to play a different dps spec as dps, the difference between great and the worst is not that large. Hunters (BM specifically) are very strong right now, and they've got 3 dps specs as always so they'll probably always be a good choice, since if a spec dies another is probably ok. Druids are fine in all their capacities, feral isnt' amazing right now but it's far from the worst, and balance is always good. Tanking and healing will always get you groups faster/more easily, however. That's not likely to change ever.

Maximus.

How far back in the day are we talking? I thought you played pretty recently but I'm terrible with user names so maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Right now virtually everything has its place, there is always 'better' and 'worse' but there's no trash tier anymore as long as you're willing to play a different dps spec as dps, the difference between great and the worst is not that large. Hunters (BM specifically) are very strong right now, and they've got 3 dps specs as always so they'll probably always be a good choice, since if a spec dies another is probably ok. Druids are fine in all their capacities, feral isnt' amazing right now but it's far from the worst, and balance is always good. Tanking and healing will always get you groups faster/more easily, however. That's not likely to change ever.

The last time I played a hunter or Druid properly was vanilla. You are correct, I did play recently, right before legion launch and for legion launch for quite some time as a pally and DK. Oh ok interesting. I am leaning towards hunter because my memories of playing that class were mainly positive. It's good to hear that they are in a good place with Beastmaster at least. I read some stuff online, but a lot of forums seems really negative of all the classes. I am leaning away from Druid mainly because I don't want to tank or heal as a main role. Normally I wouldn't be so hard pressed on what to choose, just nowadays there's less time for me to experiment, so what to make a good decision.

WoW forums are generally negative about everything.

That said there are classes that are sub-par and that will hinder you come endgame. Play what you want but, be aware.

Nokterian

Totally finished suramar now and got my Arcanist Manasaber, i haven't been committed to this game in a long time, i did take a small break in january.

WoD really burned me out because well there was almost no solo content at peak level, the minor patches didn't made it any better. But seeing how Legion is..yeah Broken Shore is not the biggest or longest content since blizzard is claiming it is but overall it is fun content.

What i do like how you need to climb to earn your class mount is for me once a good thing, lots of people want it immediately but patience is a better option because when you have it you will be more happier with it, at least that how i think i see it.

At this point with the state of the game i am really enjoying it, lots of things to do but also things to collect. I really love collecting transmogrification sets and pieces, doing world quests makes set out in the world, not like WoD doing facebook games in a game alone in a garrison and that sucked ass.

I have other classes at 110 some at low level, when i log in i just go back to my druid..i can't do those long quests anymore now i know what time it takes to do them. I really liking druid, enjoying all 4 spec but i play mostly Balance as my main spec.

Maximus.

WoW forums are generally negative about everything.

That said there are classes that are sub-par and that will hinder you come endgame. Play what you want but, be aware.

Mind sharing your thoughts on sub par classes that may hinder the end game experience?

Enosh

little update on the druid class campaign if anyone cares

didn't need to finish everything, the 4 dungeons quest from the big guy are apparently just an optional bonus and the 3 quest from that fae dragon thing or whatever it is in that place with the portals before you enter the class hall proper are apparently only to get him as a follower and not required to finish the campaign

only warlock left now ^^

I recently(sadly for my spare time) came back to the game, had stopped playing since Cataclysm. Put my Warlock to 110, got some gear and now have 880 ilvl. Can anyone explain mythic dungeons for me? I feel that I shouldn't keep doing heroic dungeons anymore(especially since their ilvl are too low).

But mythic dungeons, I heard you need a key or keystone or something to do them? Then manually find a group on group finder? Some descriptions in the group finder were asking for some insane ilvls, apparently you need to do them as fast as you can or something so that made me a little anxious.

Nokterian

little update on the druid class campaign if anyone cares

didn't need to finish everything, the 4 dungeons quest from the big guy are apparently just an optional bonus and the 3 quest from that fae dragon thing or whatever it is in that place with the portals before you enter the class hall proper are apparently only to get him as a follower and not required to finish the campaign

only warlock left now ^^

The class hall quest is to unlock like any other class a third appearance for your artifact weapons and it will apply to all weapons.

This quest takes time but to me totally worth it.

I recently(sadly for my spare time) came back to the game, had stopped playing since Cataclysm. Put my Warlock to 110, got some gear and now have 880 ilvl. Can anyone explain mythic dungeons for me? I feel that I shouldn't keep doing heroic dungeons anymore(especially since their ilvl are too low).

But mythic dungeons, I heard you need a key or keystone or something to do them? Then manually find a group on group finder? Some descriptions in the group finder were asking for some insane ilvls, apparently you need to do them as fast as you can or something so that made me a little anxious.

There's Mythic dungeons (let's call it M0 for short) and M+.

M0 does not need a key and has a weekly lockout for loot. Just make a group and go to the dungeon. No timer, no modifiers. Drops 865 loot.

M+ requires a keystone, which you get either from your first M0 of the week or your weekly M+ cache if you completed one the previous week. These have timers, and as the level of the dungeon goes up, different modifiers on a weekly rotation. Loot drops only at the end if the dungeon and based on level of the dungeon. There's also a weekly reward in your order hall for completing a keystone that contains an item based on the level of keystone you completed the previous week.

I'd recommend going with someone you know to start out with so you can get used to it.

TheYanger

Decent (maybe outdated, didn't look that closely, but only affixes and numbers have changed) guide for what M+ is http://www.wowhead.com/mythic-keystones-and-dungeons-guide

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11/#metric=bossdps&dataset=50&difficulty=4

Some of the specs have crazy RNG and can parse very high, like Outlaw, but lowering the bar like this gives you a good cross-section. I think this is in line with what most players will experience if they choose their spec at random.

It's interesting to look at that 50th percentile level, just HOW far from the 90+ or 99th percentile charts it is. like, enhance is way up there, when it's hot garbage on the top tier. Which realistically just means that it's a lower skill cap class I suppose.

But one thing to always keep in mind with these charts, any time a spec is low, if the class has another spec that is high: it means all of the good players are also playing the better spec, which pushes the 'bad' spec even lower in terms of performance average, since only the stubborn or lazy don't swap. all in all, if you limit that to one spec per class it's still pretty damn balanced, besides Assassination rogues there, but they level out as you get better and they're very one trick (Can't swap targets, can't aoe, etc).

The only dps that are abnormally low without any other option right now are Windwalker and Shadow Priest, but they both have their plusses too and certainly aren't like, someone you couldn't bring to a raid. They both also excel in situations that don't really exist much in Nighthold (aoe and multidotting).

Corpekata

Banned
I wouldn't really say there's any class that is not viable "end game." Certainly some specs with either high skill or gear levels needed (like feral druid) but if you're looking at just like normal and heroic raiding, pretty much anything is fairly viable.

Top Bottom