• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

cdyhybrid

Are invasions still doable for low level characters like before launch?

They're different from the pre-Legion ones, but yes. You can do the world quests you see on the map but you can't do the questline/scenario at the end.

I think you need to have world quests unlocked on at least one character though, but I'm not positive on that.

Corsick

They're different from the pre-Legion ones, but yes. You can do the world quests you see on the map but you can't do the questline/scenario at the end.

I think you need to have world quests unlocked on at least one character though, but I'm not positive on that.
That's cool. So these quests appear on all the same continents as before then but since you can't finish the quests you're getting a little less XP? Still sounds like a good alternative to questing for me.

Edit: Are the intervals in which they appear different at all or tweaked per timezones? Sorry for all the questions.

cdyhybrid

That's cool. So these quests appear on all the same continents as before then but since you can't finish the quests you're getting a little less XP? Still sounds like a good alternative to questing for me.

Edit: Are the intervals in which they appear different at all or tweaked per timezones? Sorry for all the questions.

No, they appear in Broken Isles zones. I think they are on a set schedule, with at least the whole region having the quests up at the same time.

Westlo

Started my first alt last night, a Disc Priest. I boosted all his heirloom gear, which was about 50k total, but grants 50% exp increase. Add to that full rest bonus and I am gaining a lvl per invasion. With flying and group finder I can do all invasions in a zone in about 15 minutes. Its crazy as hell.

I'm going to get my Monk, Death Knight, Warlock, Demon Hunter, and Shaman to the same lvl next. Its just so simple now. It will take an hourish each to get them to 101 with their weapon of choice, but after that I'll just log them in one at a time and do any invasion that happens to be up. It will take 250k+ gold to get all their respective heirlooms up to par as well.

Yeah it so easy now, plus you can give your alt AK 40 from the start and gear up 860+ easy as...

Also do the missions for XP, I've only got 45% xp increase (no ring) but I get 6.5% per mission plus another 6.5% if the bonus xp procs.

I'll just be leveling characters through artifact, class hall & profession quests as well as XP missions and demon invasions.

cdyhybrid

Got my 8 non-110 characters all decked out in heirlooms now, just need to wait for invasions now. RIP to my wallet, but I guess it's an investment. Hopefully getting them to 110 and getting their class halls up and running will be a net gold gain by expansion end.

Westlo

Got my 8 non-110 characters all decked out in heirlooms now, just need to wait for invasions now. RIP to my wallet, but I guess it's an investment. Hopefully getting them to 110 and getting their class halls up and running will be a net gold gain by expansion end.

Eh? 25-35k per character? You'll easily make that back just from order hall missions..., well before Argus let alone next xpac...

Tarazet

I need to get up and going on the Legion app. All those hours at work that I could be making gold!

TheYanger

Started my first alt last night, a Disc Priest. I boosted all his heirloom gear, which was about 50k total, but grants 50% exp increase. Add to that full rest bonus and I am gaining a lvl per invasion. With flying and group finder I can do all invasions in a zone in about 15 minutes. Its crazy as hell.

I'm going to get my Monk, Death Knight, Warlock, Demon Hunter, and Shaman to the same lvl next. Its just so simple now. It will take an hourish each to get them to 101 with their weapon of choice, but after that I'll just log them in one at a time and do any invasion that happens to be up. It will take 250k+ gold to get all their respective heirlooms up to par as well.

If you're using WQGF and don't mind being a bit of a carry, just throw cloth on everyone to save some gold. I used to quest in cloth heirlooms when they first put them in the game, on every character. works fine.

So, I rolled an Ele Shaman and boy is it just me or are they kinda poo? Ilevel 720 but, I'm getting near 1 shot by things and not doing much damage. Do they get better at 110 or is this class kinda ehhhh?

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Yeah, I foresee doing a lot of alt levelling over the next 6 months purely through invasions and unique class/order hall content. It's great!

Hell, with full rested and doing all 6 invasion quests in Azsuna on alts that are 100/101, I'm getting ~1.5-1.7 levels. It's kind of ridiculous

Gonna be real short on gear at 110 (unless I just buy Obliteruum gear), but after slogging through Broken Shore intro things should even out.

Nokterian

Gearing up my Death Knight through invasions it goes so damn fast. Also i haven't touched DK since 7.0 or even before that i have to say Unholy and Frost are very fun to play now, they have changed in the recent years.

What i like most is the quest line of your death knight campaign, rising the 4 horsemen, rising a big ass dragon.

DK always has been my favorite since Wotlk was announced when i played the beta back then, yeah there lots of cool stuff about them.

ThinFinn

So Mythic Gul'Dan is currently bugged and can't be completed with a Warlock in place of a Mage, which is bullshit.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755677651

Please up-rate or comment if you can.

Currently forced to use a kinda shitty alt (what we had to try last night on short notice), or bring in someone who hasn't done the fight before tonight.

Is this still an issue? We were planning to have our locks deal with the adds. :(

Oh well, there goes our last chance before reset.

Tarazet

So, I rolled an Ele Shaman and boy is it just me or are they kinda poo? Ilevel 720 but, I'm getting near 1 shot by things and not doing much damage. Do they get better at 110 or is this class kinda ehhhh?

Shamans are squishy, but Enhancement has a much better time with questing because it doesn't have much ramp time. Elemental is kind of a niche spec that can do stupid things with cooldowns but is kind of helpless when they are down. Great utility though.

Sarek

How much story content have they added to the older halls since Legion launch? What about Suramar? Anything else new worth coming back for?

TheYanger

How much story content have they added to the older halls since Legion launch? What about Suramar? Anything else new worth coming back for?

Suramar at launch was largely done, they added more in 7.1 and the conclusion is Nighthold. Won't be anything else there I'm sure. Order halls got a bit more in 7.2 as well, but nothing insane (class mount is part of it). Next step is just to see what's up in Tomb.

Lain

Got the new leg ring, Soul of the Grandmaster, on my monk. Too bad it was this week, so it was still 940, but at least I replaced the March of the Legion one with it.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I assume the cinematic cutscene for when you defeat Kil'jaeden in Tomb of Sargeras will be made available tomorrow (June 20). Either through Blizzard directly or via a stream of someone defeating the boss.

Mitch

Banned
Hmm. Now at 266+ Yogg kills with no mount.

I don't think I've been this unlucky with anything else in this game.
Brutal. I've seen it drop twice in under 100 runs (probably under 50 tbh). First time I lost roll to friend. Second time I was soloing.

I've done ICC on all of my characters at least 40 times each and haven't seen Invincible drop. Gave up at the end of WoD.

Cirion

Banned
Does someone have some tips for catching wild battle pets? I only catch rare ones, because the green/white/grey ones are just much weaker and you only get stones for upgrading them in very limited capacity. Or am I missing some source for getting lots of stones for upgrading pets to rare quality?

It's just annoying: De-Mount, click on wild pet, leave battle if it's not rare (the animation is panfully slow), kill it afterwards so it doesn't clog up the minimap, use mount, repeat, after a few battles you have to heal your battle pets because of the 10% malus when you flee a battle...

Edit: Well now I just caught a rare Standard Rabbit...in Highmountain. Had already a poor quality Rabbit from Elwynn or somewhere, probably one of the first pets I caught back in MOP.

Jag

Does someone have some tips for catching wild battle pets? I only catch rare ones, because the green/white/grey ones are just much weaker and you only get stones for upgrading them in very limited capacity. Or am I missing some source for getting lots of stones for upgrading pets to rare quality?

It's just annoying: De-Mount, click on wild pet, leave battle if it's not rare (the animation is panfully slow), kill it afterwards so it doesn't clog up the minimap, use mount, repeat, after a few battles you have to heal your battle pets because of the 10% malus when you flee a battle...

I got tons of stones from WoD garrison battles, so I just upgrade if I need a wild pet to battle. Otherwise, I usually leave them as white or grey. I started doing it your way, but got burnt out on it, it was just easier to use stones.

Lain

Edit: Well now I just caught a rare Standard Rabbit...in Highmountain. Had already a poor quality Rabbit from Elwynn or somewhere, probably one of the first pets I caught back in MOP.

With the amount of tokens you get from battle pet world quests, as well as the upgrade stones themselves, just having a few 110 to do those WQs on multiple characters should make it so catching pets of any quality instead of focusing only on rare quality ones isn't much of a problem anymore.

Syf

Banned
After a week of this patch I'm feeling great about my class (destro lock) as well. Combat flows better, nice improvement over the way it was before in Legion. Not worried about the incoming 5% nerf either as I'm feeling good about my damage. This should be a really fun raid tier.

Been levelling an alt Hunter with a friend, while we reacquaint ourselves with WoW. I started with Beast Master and thought it was okay, but wasn't the biggest fan of the rotation. It wasn't bad, but then I did some research and found that MM is potentially more viable end game? Trying it out for the first time today and see the positives and negatives. Mainly focus on RNG dmg and what not and no focus on pet. Just wondering people's thoughts on what spec is better to focus on for all end game aspects? Does it really even matter?

I mean if it's a pure numbers thing you can just wait until Tomb has been out for a bit and then check out logs to see if Marksmanship or Beastmaster would be the more favourable spec to use. But honestly you should just decide which hunter spec you find more fun to play because you're going to be committing a fair amount of time to that one spec. If you have another toon at cap with 40AK you can speed up some of the grind by feeding your hunter 40AK for 1k OH resources but you've still got to grind up the AP and then there's the funsies that are Legendaries and farming relics. You can gamble Nethershards on The Broken Shore vendor for 880 relics, to try and get TF and the artifact traits you need boosted outside of farming specific dungeon and raid bosses for the drops you need but it can still be a time sink.

Personally I enjoy Lone Wolf Marksmanship, although I've been maining an Arcane Mage for most of Legion. The fact that there's some RNG in the rotation because of Hunter's Mark and that you have to stop and channel for some of your key damage abilities doesn't really bother me since I'm used to doing that as a Mage. I could see how some people would not like having to stop to channel, how there's zero interactivity with your pets in the MM tool kit or how you can't bring something extra to the table with exotic pet abilities (battle res, lust, etc.). There's just something about Multi-Shot proc'ing Hunter's Mark and mowing down a mob with Marked Shot is really satisfying. Beyond liking the basics of Marksmanship, Thas'dorah is a high elf weapon and the Nighthold tier 19 set and PVP gear basically look like something designed specifically for a Blood Elf, which is why I'm leveling one.

been leveling my rogue and switched to sub and god it does feel amazing. I love it being created around stealth so you have an ability which puts you into stealth mode without actually using Stealth.

This is pretty much the exact reason I loathe playing rogue though. Not a fan of the stealth mechanic and action bar paging.

Fjordson

Holy shit, managed to get Ahead of the Curve. Had to get to 905 item lvl, but somehow got invited to a heroic group despite not having AotC. Shockingly pleased.

Holy shit, managed to get Ahead of the Curve. Had to get to 905 item lvl, but somehow got invited to a heroic group despite not having AotC. Shockingly pleased.

This is kinda funny to me cause in my Mythic Gul'dan gear I'm only like 908 or something. My item level is artificially low though cause of Arcanocrystal and an 885 CoS/Arcway set glove though.

Fjordson

This is kinda funny to me cause in my Mythic Gul'dan gear I'm only like 908 or something. My item level is artificially low though cause of Arcanocrystal and an 885 CoS/Arcway set glove though.
Lmao. Trying to get into pugs as a lone wolf DPS is rough, especially without AotC.

I've mainly depended on word bosses and Mythic+. Also got two crafted pieces up to 900 with the new item lvl increase from obliterum. Which are actually nice since you can pick the ideal itemization.

I hope with 8.0 that they add flex-leveling to the game proper. It would be nice one day to play through an entire zone from start to finish without it being a detriment to leveling up. Zone and expansion skipping makes the leveling experience so disjointed.

TheYanger

I hope with 8.0 that they add flex-leveling to the game proper. It would be nice one day to play through an entire zone from start to finish without it being a detriment to leveling up. Zone and expansion skipping makes the leveling experience so disjointed.

I want to say they'd hinted at it at some point. I don't think it needs to be entirely flex, but within level ranges it should. like say, 1-20, 20-40, 40-60, 60-70 70-80 80-85 85-90 90-100
That would really breathe some new life into those vanilla zones, like, 3 complete zones sounds like plenty to me for 1-60, and the appropriate time investment. maybe they'd split it farther like 1-20 then do 10 level increments, whatever works out where they can use the questing that exists now, but have it take an amount of time to do a zone that it would take to do dungeons. Some cata revamped zones are REALLY quite good but nobody ever does them. ever.

Not having it all just 1-60 would prevent silly stuff like doing Burning Steppes at level 5 and Mulgore at level 50, as well. You'd have a good progression of 'low' zones, mid zones, and high zones, without them just feeling pointless.

strafer

Rösti;241205224 said:
I assume the cinematic cutscene for when you defeat Kil'jaeden in Tomb of Sargeras will be made available tomorrow (June 20). Either through Blizzard directly or via a stream of someone defeating the boss.

It will be glorious, can't wait.

SPCTRE

I want to say they'd hinted at it at some point. I don't think it needs to be entirely flex, but within level ranges it should. like say, 1-20, 20-40, 40-60, 60-70 70-80 80-85 85-90 90-100
That would really breathe some new life into those vanilla zones, like, 3 complete zones sounds like plenty to me for 1-60, and the appropriate time investment. maybe they'd split it farther like 1-20 then do 10 level increments, whatever works out where they can use the questing that exists now, but have it take an amount of time to do a zone that it would take to do dungeons. Some cata revamped zones are REALLY quite good but nobody ever does them. ever.

Not having it all just 1-60 would prevent silly stuff like doing Burning Steppes at level 5 and Mulgore at level 50, as well. You'd have a good progression of 'low' zones, mid zones, and high zones, without them just feeling pointless.
I would love this, the less popular zones have had a special place in my heart since Vanilla. (In some cases I'm even "sad" in a convoluted way that they have been partially improved/revamped, against all reason.)

mclem

Through genning up on the new bosses, I can't help but feel that both Avatar and Kil'jaeden feel like final-expansion-boss levels of spectacle, it's interesting that there's still content to come.

Through genning up on the new bosses, I can't help but feel that both Avatar and Kil'jaeden feel like final-expansion-boss levels of spectacle, it's interesting that there's still content to come.

I mean they are. This would typically be the last raid of the xpac level bosses (KJ was before) but with Archimonde and KJ dead there's only really one person above them left to deal with on Argus.

I still think we will sacrifice all our artifacts to either banish Sargares or kill him and thats how they will explain getting rid of them next xpac. Im still curious how we fight him due to his sheer size (planets tall) and his power being described as we would have a better chance fighting every single demon in the Legion at the same time then if just Sargares himself stepped into our world

mclem

I mean they are. This would typically be the last raid of the xpac level bosses (KJ was before) but with Archimonde and KJ dead there's only really one person above them left to deal with on Argus.]
Which in turn feels a bit odd, because I'd be very surprised if the finale to the expansion was a single-boss raid, but it does raise interesting questions about who Sargeras throws out to stand in our way when his mightiest lieutenants are already gone.

I still think we will sacrifice all our artifacts to either banish Sargares or kill him and thats how they will explain getting rid of them next xpac.

Thing is, how do you fit that notion into the conventional WoW gameplay loop? You can't do that in the raid, because then you don't have them for, well, next week's reset. You could perhaps do it as part of the opening event for the next expansion, but that means the climax to the story for this expansion won't actually happen until the next.

By the way, chalk me up as 'at best banishing'. I don't see us killing him. Actually, I don't think it's impossible that the game throws us a curveball, and there's actually a different line of threats on Argus - maybe an usurper taking over power after Kil'jaeden dies, but not under Sargeras's control. Where is Varimathras these days?

Im still curious how we fight him due to his sheer size (planets tall) and his power being described as we would have a better chance fighting every single demon in the Legion at the same time then if just Sargares himself stepped into our world

"Okay, main tank, you start tanking the mole on his big toe - offtank, be ready to pick up any athlete's foot adds"

I still have not played Cata or MoP beyond playing one zone in each before skipping past the rest of the expansion with some modest dungeon queuing. That's true of every expansion actually although I've done loremaster runs through TBC and most of WotLK. You can spend so much time slogging through Vanilla content and then whip right by TBC, WotLK, Cata and MoP before things sort of slow down with WoD.

It would be nice to play through Mists of Pandaria PVE for more than just a loremaster run.

Top Bottom