• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

First time I've ever seen it this way. It's usually Tuesday morning before reset.

Usually only emergency maintenance. When they do major patches or launch expansions sometimes they find critical flaws and take everything offline Wednesday night. Despite it being just after the reset Wednesday night after like midnight PST is one of the lower activity times.

Robin64

Is the first invasion meant to be next to impossible?

I got the quest, found the nearest one, it was Sangua. Was in there with a fury warrior and an MM hunter, and it took us damn near 30 minutes to get the 100%. Once the champion appeared, it would knock us out in a few hits, it was basically like doing a raid without a tank. We had to just keep corpse running, because luckily he didn't lose health when he reset. But it must've taken about 10 corpse runs.

I got the quest, found the nearest one, it was Sangua. Was in there with a fury warrior and an MM hunter, and it took us damn near 30 minutes to get the 100%. Once the champion appeared, it would knock us out in a few hits, it was basically like doing a raid without a tank. We had to just keep corpse running, because luckily he didn't lose health when he reset. But it must've taken about 10 corpse runs.

How were there only 3 people in there for you? Everyone I have done has had like 20 people show up.

Shahadan

Yes they suck and take forever when there is not enough people, but that's why you use the lfg tool and find a raid group

Robin64

Yes they suck and take forever when there is not enough people, but that's why you use the lfg tool and find a raid group

I will from now on. I knew nothing about how it worked, thought they'd use the Scenario tech and actually put people together properly. Now I see they were half-assed and we players have to do the grouping bit.

kiguel182

Hi everyone! I have a question:

Do I need to buy the Legion expansion if I'm levelling until 100? Does it affect the levelling experience or should I just get it after?

I've decided to play WoW after trying my first month earlier this year (or last year, can't actually remember lol). I know Legion has a level booster but I want to level up normally first.

Hi everyone! I have a question:

Do I need to buy the Legion expansion if I'm levelling until 100? Does it affect the levelling experience or should I just get it after?

I've decided to play WoW after trying my first month earlier this year (or last year, can't actually remember lol). I know Legion has a level booster but I want to level up normally first.

Not really. You would get access to everything through MoP, and none of Legion's content was "new" areas in those old zones. The expansions--aside from Cata--are usually self-contained.

kiguel182

Not really. You would get access to everything through MoP, and none of Legion's content was "new" areas in those old zones. The expansions--aside from Cata--are usually self-contained.

Cool. I'll level normally and then get the expansion when I arrive at that content then.

Savitar

Legion was on sale for twenty bucks on the launcher, you might want to check it out. Twenty is a good price for it to keep on going.

Shahadan

How much time was there between 7.2 going live and 7.2.5 on PTR?

I'm kinda curious to see what they'll be adding aside from the raid.

This game sometimes. I'm level 107, fighting one of the 26mil HP elites, kiting it around. I'm getting it low on health and then it just nopes, evades all attacks, and slowly walks back to it starting point. Fucking evade. Hate it.

I'll salvage this post screw up. Notice how tauren almost do the dancing kid when casting things, like hearthstone?
KnWUMK2.gif

Yeah, tauren are the best race in the game.

Moff

I can't find a group for the invasion points quest
which is odd because you can find tons of groups for every world quest

I don't have a guild to do that quest with, am I just screwed?

cdyhybrid

You can just zone in. Don't need to be in a group beforehand.

Nokterian

You are in a group when you are playing, i mean i have encountered lots of other players you are just not in a group or raid.

TheYanger

I will from now on. I knew nothing about how it worked, thought they'd use the Scenario tech and actually put people together properly. Now I see they were half-assed and we players have to do the grouping bit.

No, it automatically groups you, probably some quirk you guys found in the algorithm. Itdoes it like the pre-legion invasions where it puts you in an instance that is on the first step, either an existing one or makes a new one, but without grouping you shoulds till typically be in a zone with 10+ people.

Fairly new invasion was up, went in, two other people. No groups listed. Made one, nobody joined. Weird.

Are you on an RP server by chance? I wonder if it's running into the cross-realm limitations they added for those servers that leaves the player pool vastly smaller. I've had one that was slow with like 8 people maybe, btu most have been 15-20. And I've done ALMOST every invasion since they came out (Which is a ton).

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there a way to get old Legion pvp gear you might have missed from previous seasons? I'm only missing the shoulders of Season 4 for my mage. Really like the look, would suck if I can't get the last piece.

Is there a way to get old Legion pvp gear you might have missed from previous seasons? I'm only missing the shoulders of Season 4 for my mage. Really like the look, would suck if I can't get the last piece.

Yeah, but you have to buy the whole set for 12 Marks of Honor. You can't just buy individual pieces (as far as I know). There are vendors in Legion Dalaran that sell them. Worgen in the back of Greyfang Enclave sell them for Alliance. Can't remember who does it for the Horde but I know they have an equivalent on their side.

Nokterian

Yeah, but you have to buy the whole set for 12 Marks of Honor. You can't just buy individual pieces (as far as I know). There are vendors in Legion Dalaran that sell them. Worgen in the back of Greyfang Enclave sell them for Alliance. Can't remember who does it for the Horde but I know they have an equivalent on their side.

And tonight i had a good one getting lots of transmog season 3/4 sets, really liking them..my hunter,dk,priest,monk have new pvp transmog gear.

Fjordson

Yeah, I bought the season 3/4 set on my Warlock. Looks dope as fuck. And matches my tabard of frost (sort of).

I love how when you jump it has the demonic wings effect. Wish they did that kind of thing more often with armor sets.

Nokterian

Yeah, I bought the season 3/4 set on my Warlock. Looks dope as fuck. And matches my tabard of frost (sort of).

I love how when you jump it has the demonic wings effect. Wish they did that kind of thing more often with armor sets.

It is a reimagination from Tier 6 Malefic Rainment but more detailed and Mythic version looks even better it is with all sets expect the new classes like Monk,DH and DK.

Fjordson

It is a reimagination from Tier 6 Malefic Rainment but more detailed and Mythic version looks even better it is with all sets expect the new classes like Monk,DH and DK.
Ah, okay. Yeah I love it (and warlock in general as it turns out).

Need to find a better weapon, but I think the tabard mostly works. Not a perfect match, but meh.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't get why running KJ on alts through LFR always involves some random DPS getting really angry that you wipe.

You can't actually beat it on LFR until you get at least 3 stacks of determination. Nobody will ever, ever, ever do anything you tell them to in LFR because half of them probably don't even speak your language.

DH: I've sacrificed everything. What have you given?

DK: My life. My free will. The ability to feel much of anything, other than relief when I cause suffering in others. All connection to my previous life and the people that were in it. My skin is kinda nasty, too.

DH: Well...OK then. *jumps off cliff and glides away*

The old 25 quests at once isn't big enough anymore.

I hope they come up with another way to end the big fights outside of dungeons that doesn't involve the enemy stunning you and running away, or pulling some random immunity shield out of their ass so you can't kill them.

Lain

The old 25 quests at once isn't big enough anymore.

It hasn't been big enough for years. I'm still annoyed they took away the quest counter too. I also have no clue why they took it away. Letting people know how many quests they have going before reaching the limit was pretty helpful.

It hasn't been big enough for years. I'm still annoyed they took away the quest counter too. I also have no clue why they took it away. Letting people know how many quests they have going before reaching the limit was pretty helpful.

It's a nightmare for returning players and alts where you get Broken Shore, Broken Isle, Artifact, Class/Class Hall, and Argus quests dumped on you at once.

iirate

It's a nightmare for returning players and alts where you get Broken Shore, Broken Isle, Artifact, Class/Class Hall, and Argus quests dumped on you at once.

I can only imagine. I've been active the whole xpac and my objective tracker is still overwhelming most of the time.

Tarazet

I don't get why running KJ on alts through LFR always involves some random DPS getting really angry that you wipe.

You can't actually beat it on LFR until you get at least 3 stacks of determination. Nobody will ever, ever, ever do anything you tell them to in LFR because half of them probably don't even speak your language.

I've seen it happen. The really major problem with LFR isn't the mechanics checks most of the time, it's the fact that if you use Time Warp before P3, you're probably going to wipe when the adds are up during darkness and just murder everyone with their AoE and no one able to heal.

Got a sweet looking mana ray from an egg... too bad my character looks RIDICULOUS on it.

Yeah, it looks pretty bad. Not only is there a large space between my character and seat, so that it looks like I'm floating above it, but this is the idle stance while mounted:

I can look past time-gated content and RNG but the lack of attention to detail and lack of polish might actually push me away from this game permanently. I mean, as popular as this game is and as big of a company Blizzard is, you'd think they would put extra care into things. I remember when Legion launched and while questing there were so many spelling errors, punctuation missing, commas instead of periods, and extra spaces between words in the NPC dialogue. I just couldn't believe they let that much slide by. There's so many other things I've noticed throughout this expansion when it comes to this type of stuff. Artifacts not displaying properly on characters (which is weird seeing how they are such a big part of Legion), various issues with class mounts, the moonkin model getting a visual update and yet there is that small area in Val'Sharah that is still using the old one despite the moonkin in Stormheim having the newer look. I could go on if I put some thought into it but I didn't meant to rant like this, lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
never seen kungen's twitter before
Chris‏ @Chrisness Aug 15
More
Replying to @WowKungen
BLM protest blacks being murdered. Nazis protest white supremacy
2 replies 0 retweets 17 likes
Reply 2 Retweet Like 17
KungenTV‏ @WowKungen Aug 15
More
Blacks are mostly killed by blacks in America. They also aren't more likely to be shot by cops. Try researching it and you will see stats.
5 replies 0 retweets 2 likes
Reply 5 Retweet Like 2
Chris‏ @Chrisness Aug 15
More
Of course gang violence causes more deaths than cop violence. Doesn’t mean cop violence isn’t a terrible problem. BLM exists because of that
1 reply 0 retweets 15 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like 15
More
Cop violence is equally much a problem for all races. No need for a movement with one name in the tag. Dumb as fuck
2 replies 0 retweets 1 like
Reply 2 Retweet Like 1
Chris‏ @Chrisness Aug 15
More
You don’t live in America. It’s a bigger problem for blacks. Not saying it’s not a problem for whites.
2 replies 0 retweets 6 likes
Reply 2 Retweet Like 6
More
It's not though. They are more targeted since they commit approx 60% of murders and robberies even tho they are 15% of the population.
5 replies 0 retweets 1 like
Reply 5 Retweet Like 1
Chris‏ @Chrisness Aug 15
More
Their unjust murders while targeting is a problem BLM fights against.
1 reply 0 retweets 6 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like 6
Chris‏ @Chrisness Aug 15
More
Anyone who lumps BLM with nazis needs to rethink. I don’t think BLM is bad but even if they are, they’re on whole different levels of wrong
1 reply 0 retweets 11 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like 11
1 more reply
New conversation
siscothekid‏ @siscothekid Aug 15
More
Replying to @WowKungen
Have you ever experienced racism?
1 reply 0 retweets 1 like
Reply 1 Retweet Like 1
More
A million times. Grew up in a ghetto with 80-90% immigrants. Almost no one was blonde but me.
2 replies 0 retweets 1 like
Reply 2 Retweet Like 1
wow

Shahadan

I admit that the druid class mount lacking any animation while doing a /sit (at least I guess) and just being there looking like something out of a model viewer kinda shocked me the first time.
Even if I don't play druid I was like "really? they put it in the game like that?" and I then I saw a lot of them in Dalaran doing that unanimated shit and that was creepy

Nokterian

he's a way past his days world first raider/guild leader

Aye another reason not to follow him, fuck what a racist idiot.

I admit that the druid class mount lacking any animation while doing a /sit (at least I guess) and just being there looking like something out of a model viewer kinda shocked me the first time.
Even if I don't play druid I was like "really? they put it in the game like that?" and I then I saw a lot of them in Dalaran doing that unanimated shit and that was creepy

They are going to fix it in the near future it was told same thing as your old flight form.

Fjordson

Damn, huge thread about no flying on Argus with Ornyx going back and forth with people lol.

People are angry as fuck. I don't really get it....flying is cool, but when it's not available, especially in a brand new zone, it doesn't bother me. I didn't even think about the fact that we couldn't fly on Argus, just seems like the natural way of things. When a new continent or zone drops you can't fly, but after a while it'll be available to unlock.

Like I said, never even crossed my mind as an "issue" but there are people in that thread threatening to unsub.

never seen kungen's twitter before

wow
Gross. Though what's sad is his type isn't nearly uncommon enough in LFG chat these days, at least on my server. I had to put that shit in its own chat tab because of all the inane shit people spout in there.

cdyhybrid

Damn, huge thread about no flying on Argus with Ornyx going back and forth with people lol.

People are angry as fuck. I don't really get it....flying is cool, but when it's not available, especially in a brand new zone, it doesn't bother me. I didn't even think about the fact that we couldn't fly on Argus, just seems like the natural way of things. When a new continent or zone drops you can't fly, but after a while it'll be available to unlock.

Like I said, never even crossed my mind as an "issue" but there are people in that thread threatening to unsub.

Gross. Though what's sad is his type isn't nearly uncommon enough in LFG chat these days, at least on my server. I had to put that shit in its own chat tab because of all the inane shit people spout in there.
People always freak out at the idea of no flying.

Nokterian

There was no flying on Isle of Quel'Danas and Timeless Isle? People are still complaining? Argus isn't that big, the complaints are just dumb right now.

Top Bottom