• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Magnus

IIIIIIIIIII remember what happened.

It was a level 100 trial character I created in the spring, and then deleted after going through the intro. I knew the name seemed familiar.

Surprised it still shows up on armory.

You don't need to be in a connected realm to be in a cross-realm group.

I just mean connected realms are considered the same server in functionality, right? As in I have a bunch of alts filling up a server, don't want to delete any, so I can make a guy on a connected realm server and still send mail and all that as if it was the same.

TheYanger

Connected realms can do everything together, right? Share an AH, send mail, group up with friends.

You can do the grouping on any server at all. Connected realms are literally just merged servers, the only reason they retain server names is so that people who were already on those servers can still have the same names.

Connected is ESSENTIALLY the same server in every way, make guilds, run mythic raids, etc.

Nokterian

Got my alchemy stone and upgraded it to ilevel 935, spend a bunch of gold on it to make it but well worth my ilevel jumped even higher to 924.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
One of my alt has not received a single mission to improve followers ilvl for nearly 2 weeks. Yet I still have at least one guy at 890.

It's really annoying... did I hit a bug or something? Trying to open a ticket from the ingame menu about this specific thing is not easy since none of their options has something to do with this.

The chance of getting them is probably just reduced because of all the Argus crap that can cost 1,600+ supplies, and you're having an amazing unlucky streak. RNG: The Game

Syf

Banned
Did they slightly alter the map buttons? For the past couple weeks I'm suddenly maximizing the map by mistake all the time lol

Tarazet

Weird, I transmogged an Ironforge tabard to hidden and then I noticed I wasn't getting rep gains anymore. Stopped less than 100 from Revered so I could get the cheap bag too. Not super problematic since 16 slot bags are dirt cheap, but just strange.

lazygecko

Has anyone else experienced problems with the client freezing if you're applying lots of artifact power items at once on an old neglected alt? It has happened to me twice now. Even worse, now the client seems to be freezing on the load screen when I try to log in on the last alt this happened to.

Edit: Still can't log in on the character this happened to. This appears to be a serious game-breaking bug. I would strongly advise against stacking lots of AP at once lest this happens to you.

Fjordson

Oh sweet, finally got a 7.3 legendary!

....and it's Archerus' Drapes. Quite the followup to getting Sephuz...

Fuck this game. Makes me want to delete my DK.

Magnus

I keep on getting decent legendaries on my main. After 15 days /played since Legion launched, here's number 5!

9TzlemI.jpg

I got Zenkaram first, then Twins (which was awesome at the time, especially for M+), then Anund, then Mangaza (YAY! best), and now this one. I'm happy!

Should you change loot spec to get the 2 "easy" legendary drops from each spec? I received a fury legendary pretty quick after doing that on my mainly arms warrior.

Loxley

Is there no longer a GAF guild?

In the 10 years I've been on GAF, we've tried GAF WoW guilds numerous times and every single time they ended up fizzling out after a month or two. We're all just too spread out across various time zones, countries and the two factions to make a centralized guild work.

Tarazet

I went on a leveling bender and powered a fresh Demon Hunter from 98 to 110 in 10 hours with heirlooms. I could have done it faster, if I hadn't been picking herbs and doing alchemy fetch quests in Aszuna as well, but I got to kill two birds with one stone by getting two quests done in Eye of Aszhara simultaneously. And the leveling experience on US-Sargeras was very pleasant and trouble-free, since Legion isn't CRZ.

That together with the possibility of leveling a Death Knight with no prior requirements, makes it pretty easy to reroll servers as long as you're OK with only one choice of class to start.

Nokterian

Its kinda jarring how plain some of the heroic/normal mode sets look vs mythic. For isntance, without the Naga Helm the Hunter T21 looks pretty awful.

All mythic sets for each class look amazing and the raid finder,normal,heroic most of them are bleh...

Syf

Banned
New shammy dinged 110 tonight and within a couple hours had full traits and good enough gear to start lfr runs. I remember considering Legion a pain for alts. Aside from the legendary system Blizz really delivered on catch up mechanics.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's funny how many people entered when TBC or Wotlk. TBC had some strings left from vanilla not much but it was still there.

It's more interesting to me how the narrative has changed as time has gone on. I started playing seriously during TBC and most of my friends who played were pretty happy at the changes they made for TBC. But talking to them now they fondly remember loving every bit of Vanilla. I remember a few specific examples but it's pretty funny looking back.

I think it's that a lot of people who started playing in Vanilla did so when they were teenagers and had ton of free time. These same people barely can find 2-3 hours to play every other day now and expect they would still have it in them to do the amount of grinding necessary to play Vanilla? Right.

lazygecko

I think it's that a lot of people who started playing in Vanilla did so when they were teenagers and had ton of free time. These same people barely can find 2-3 hours to play every other day now and expect they would still have it in them to do the amount of grinding necessary to play Vanilla? Right.

People put up with all the backsides to the vanilla design, because most of it ended up contributing to a more overarching social experience, which is what made the whole experience worth it. You bonded with other players on a level that simply isn't possible today. It's the kind of stuff that made Pokémon Go such a massive hit, even though if you break it down to its pure mechanical aspects, it's a pretty unremarkable game.

Needing so much time and maintenance to for example form a group, get to, and complete a regular dungeon made it all a more memorable experience that you invested more emotion into. Queueing up for LFR, getting auto-teamed and teleported into the instance with 4 random strangers you don't need to say a word to, complete it all in less than 30 minutes and then probably never even see those players again, just doesn't evoke the same emotional experience.

EmiPrime

There were plenty of great social experiences during vanilla/TBC but god help you if you had the nerve to want to play balance druid, ret paladin, feral druid or any other under-powered spec that you enjoyed playing on your way to max level.

You were treated like you were worth less than shit by the community (literally called retarded and laughed at) and nothing was done about it by the designers because warrior as the only viable progression main tank and pure DPS classes as the only good DPS was their vision for the game. Thank god Ghostcrawler became lead designer for WotLK.

Rizzi

I did a mythic + on my 922 ilvl shadow priest.
Uh.. Am I supposed to do half the damage of every other dps, or am I doing something wrong?

The Highmountain War Harness needs to be BoA or something. That thing is beautiful, and I'd love to use it while level my tauren characters. Well, I think more of the cosmetic gear should be BoA in general.

The Highmountain War Harness needs to be BoA or something. That thing is beautiful, and I'd love to use it while level my tauren characters. Well, I think more of the cosmetic gear should be BoA in general.

Don't worry, I'm sure those totems will get made into toys at some point that last for five minutes and have 24 hour cool downs.

Top Bottom