• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I am curious how they'll announced the expansion when Antorus and it's cinematic are presumably not getting out until after Blizzcon

You can't skirt around it like Dragon Soul after the Mists reveal. They have to spoil it.

Lets casually spoil the ending to our upcoming raid in a t-shirt description.

Eh, they can skirt around the details and just mention the pertinent aftermath

"Sargeras is defeated, but not without a cost. As a result of his final act, (segue into new expansion stuff)"

Revealing that we defeat the Legion isn't much of a spoiler, and spoiling the Silithus stab for the masses who don't already know isn't that important in the long run.

Adaren

If the expansion really is Old God-focused, then I feel like it has to be bigger than just Kul'tiras. Like maybe Kul'tiras plus massive old world revamp.

They already did an Old God-corrupted island with Pandaria, and those were the fragments of a dead Old God. If this expansion is supposed to going to show the full might of the Void / Old Gods, then it really only makes sense for it to span all of Azeroth.

And I'm still crossing my fingers for a magical archer class of some sort, even though I know we aren't due for a new class yet.

Syf

Banned
Yeah, the corruption should touch everywhere on Azeroth really. The darkness below is something that's been hinted at and talked about by numerous characters and events for years now. If this is meant to be that darkness finally coming to the surface, we should be in for some massive changes.

erawsd

I’m not expecting the next expansion to immediately go all in on the void/old god stuff. My guess is that we get 1-2 expansions that’ll build up to it. Azshara/Naga will be the focus, while that wound slowly grows worst throughout the expansion.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Short answer: yes.

Artifact appearances tied to things like M+ completion and..I think they said the mage tower challenges too? will be gone.

They'll be gone, but surely all artifact appearances unlocked will be available for transmog?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Unless Blizzard changes their mind, from what I remember the last time they mentioned this: If you've earned an artifact and appearance(s) they will be available for transmog post-Legion. However you will not be able to go back and unlock those appearances.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Unless Blizzard changes their mind, from what I remember the last time they mentioned this: If you've earned an artifact and appearance(s) they will be available for transmog post-Legion. However you will not be able to go back and unlock those appearances.

gXlN2j7.jpg

edit:
All i hope for the next expansion is that we get a full reveal of Elune. The tease in Legion is crazy. i mean, tendrils, come on lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It's a shame they'd be removing Mage Tower, those scenarios are good stuff, but then again I guess they wouldn't sync you down for them either so no point.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
gXlN2j7.jpg

edit:
All i hope for the next expansion is that we get a full reveal of Elune. The tease in Legion is crazy. i mean, tendrils, come on lol

I think it's pretty much Elune::Void Lords as Naaru::Old Gods. Whereas Void Lords are pure extra-dimensional Void that can't really interact directly with our plane and thus use Old Gods, Elune is basically the Light Version with Naaru.

Which of course has holes in it when you wonder why only a single civilization on one planet is even aware of Elune, but that seems to fit with how Blizzard lore develops.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I need to set aside some time to do the Prot Pally Mage Tower. The Tank ones seem pretty difficult all in all though. The times I've tried (I've done maybe 20), I can't even get past phase 1.

Anoregon

I need to set aside some time to do the Prot Pally Mage Tower. The Tank ones seem pretty difficult all in all though. The times I've tried (I've done maybe 20), I can't even get past phase 1.

I'm not sure how it is for tanks, but for DPS I pretty much go by the "1 good legendary equals 10 ilvl" rule. So like, on a character with 2 decent legendaries I'll go for mage tower around ~900, but on chars with shit legendaries I wait till ~920.

The tank ones are more about execution than gear though. I kept letting Velen die on the Kruul fight because I would always be too focused on other shit.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Noooo I got my copy of legion today but it didn't come with a CD key :(

Called to get a replacement copy from walmart which to their credit they did instantly and gave me 2 day shipping on it but it also meant it won't get here till the weekend.

But because it happened once already Ii feel like there is a 30% chance this might happen again. It's annoying because it wasn't like this was done through a secondary seller through their site these were shipped and sold by walmart from walmart.

Noooo I got my copy of legion today but it didn't come with a CD key :(

Called to get a replacement copy from walmart which to their credit they did instantly and gave me 2 day shipping on it but it also meant it won't get here till the weekend.

But because it happened once already Ii feel like there is a 30% chance this might happen again. It's annoying because it wasn't like this was done through a secondary seller through their site these were shipped and sold by walmart from walmart.

Weird. Did you check the CD slipcase? Its usually there.

If you picked in store pick up, what you can do is open it at the place and then if it doesnt have it you can simply exchange it for one of their copies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Weird. Did you check the CD slipcase? Its usually there.

If you picked in store pick up, what you can do is open it at the place and then if it doesnt have it you can simply exchange it for one of their copies.

Yeah I checked everything, first time it's happened. I even looked at unboxing videos and the sticker with the CD key just wasn't on the case nor was it hidden in anything. I decided to just refund it and bought it from bnet lol.

All campaigns completed finally. Warlock was the last. Not sure I'll remember much of it. Only a couple really stand out as something I'll remember: Rogue and DK (even if I don't really care about DK stuff, at least things happened). And then a few for not so great reasons: Shaman silliness and Paladin / Priest being effectively the same thing except making the priests beg.

My favorite artifact campaigns are the ones in Tirisfal. Just a cool little vault. I haven't done all the mounts and I'm not in a rush to get some of the crappy ones like Warrior, but the priest, rogue and DK mount quests were cool.

Overall they weren't that substantial and most of the orders feel really forced, but I'm glad they tried.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
I think it's pretty much Elune::Void Lords as Naaru::Old Gods. Whereas Void Lords are pure extra-dimensional Void that can't really interact directly with our plane and thus use Old Gods, Elune is basically the Light Version with Naaru.

Which of course has holes in it when you wonder why only a single civilization on one planet is even aware of Elune, but that seems to fit with how Blizzard lore develops.
Lightside Void Lord. The tendrils!

And the Tauren know of Elune as well.

Maybe it's not so much that only 2 civilizations know of Elune(Tauren and Night Elf), but that others call it by different names?

Savitar

Went and did some dungeons on mythic from WoD last night, that was fun. Lots of transmogs didn't have yet. The only pain in the ass is the inability to fly, I never did get that. I wish they had rolled flying into your ability if you had done the Legion one. If you stay ahead you should get what came before without having to find time to get rep to do past ones so you can fly in previously locked zones.

Also subtlety rogue is so fun.

They should upgrade the emissary cache gear ilvl if you already have something 910. Vendor crap doesn't seem like much of a reward.

Speaking of 910 gear, is it worth just spending your argunite hoping for titanforged procs when you have everything at 910 (minus second trinket I guess), or?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
They should upgrade the emissary cache gear ilvl if you already have something 910. Vendor crap doesn't seem like much of a reward.

Speaking of 910 gear, is it worth just spending your argunite hoping for titanforged procs when you have everything at 910 (minus second trinket I guess), or?

That's what I'm doing since I got nothing else to spend on.

They really should have put some expensive mount in there. Or toy. Or companion. Hell, even just Artifact Power items.

Wasting 650 argunites hoping for a warforged or titanforged seems like such a waste when all you get is another 910.

Anoregon

Lightside Void Lord. The tendrils!

And the Tauren know of Elune as well.

I don't take the "tendrils" in that scene to be any kind of analogue to the tentacles that the void is so fond of. More just wisps of light/holy energy.

Top Bottom