• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Uldaman's ****ing awesome. Coolest boss fights in the game for a very long time. It's much nicer than Mara and ZF."

Sar...casm?

I absolutely adore Purple Mara. Orange can go rot, but Purple, unf.

firex

I love the end fight in Uldaman, but the rest of it sucks. ZF is almost too easy, but it gives such awesome loot it's well worth the visit. Mara just sucks to me, most of the gear is shitty outside of the NR crap that 60s farm.

fallout said:
You do a Warlord's Command run in 45 minutes or a Wailing Caverns run in 45 minutes? I assume that since we were talking about LBRS primarily, you were referring to Warlord's Command, but goddamn, 45 minutes?

If that's honestly what you consider the norm, my hat goes off to you.

They did nerf the hell out of it... The only part that takes any time at all is the Evoker lounge. I'd say it takes about 35-40 minutes to get to Wyrm, with the Ogre and Voone taking another 15.

And Uldaman really does have my favorite boss fights. The Indiana Jones giant is amazing the first time you do it, and the Trogg overlord is pretty hectic. First boss fight in the game that has that much chaos. The dwarves are super powerful too, great fun and capable of raping the snot out of you if you don't plan ahead. Then there's the breakable golem, always fun, and another 4 golem endurance match.

And the final boss fight is pretty much the first real boss fight in the game. Not only is it freakin epic, it's the first real time healers, tanks, and DPS all get tested.

Plus the loot is awesome, stuff without upgrades till BRD or later. Maybe it's just that I've got a soft spot in my heart for troggs. Them and quillboars, coolest ****ing guys in the game.

border

vumpler said:
Anyone know any good routes for herbalisim to make good money?
Start at BloodVenom Post (if you're Horde), then sweep around Felwood....then through Winterspring so that you give enough time for Felwood stuff to respawn and can check Black Lotus spawn points.

EDIT: Argghh....pics not showing. Is the official GAF image host dead or doesn't allow remote linking anymore?

http://www.strangereaction.com/imagehost/albums/userpics/10167/Felwood.jpg
http://www.strangereaction.com/imagehost/albums/userpics/10167/Winterspring.jpg

Felwood.jpg

Winterspring.jpg

Son of Godzilla said:
They did nerf the hell out of it... The only part that takes any time at all is the Evoker lounge. I'd say it takes about 35-40 minutes to get to Wyrm, with the Ogre and Voone taking another 15.

I loved the 3 Priest groups we'd take in with our guild. We'd trade off the MC duty on the Evokers. BLASTWAVE! FLAMECRACK! BLASTWAVE! BOOM BOOM!!! :lol

fallout

Son of Godzilla said:
Huh. Of the 5 or so times I've done it, it's taken no less than 3 hours. I've never wiped doing it either, it was just really slow. Couldn't really see how to speed it up, unless you're pulling multiple groups at once.

fallout said:
Huh. Of the 5 or so times I've done it, it's taken no less than 3 hours. I've never wiped doing it either, it was just really slow. Couldn't really see how to speed it up, unless you're pulling multiple groups at once.

Well, I'm used to playing a hunter/warrior so I kinda make sure we move at a good clip. I assume you use the drop to the firebrand floor right? That's only like 2 pulls in, and then you've got a bunch of firebrands, which are jokes assuming you've got someone to take care of the debuffs they spit out. If you chain pull them it'll take maybe fifteen minutes to get to the spiders, which are really easy now. Skip the dog and quartermaster and about ten minutes later and you should be staring at the evoker hellhole. There's a bunch of ways to get through that, and granted if you don't have a decent group balance it'll take longer and you might wanna kill the dogs just to have room to work with. But with a competent priest and mage you can get to Wyrm in about twenty minutes.

It varies with gear a bit, but really it's more about maintaining a decent pace. The mobs aren't hard at all assuming you can deal with what they spit out. Someone who can take care of the firebrand debuffs before they start raping the healer's mana, an aoe whore for the spiders, a priest for MCing evokers or at least two CCers for final stretch. There's alot of stuff, so there's always going to be a temptation to take it slow, but that's not really needed as long as you know how to mind the patrols.

The biggest problem IMO on lbrs taking so long is the goddamn world of travelcraft making people arrive staggardly so you can't just run in blazing.

fallout

Yeah, I guess I'd never really given it any thought. I ran it once, didn't die, nearly fell asleep and finished Warlord's Command. Then I ran it about 4 times more for friends/guildies and that was it. I've never needed the key to UBRS, thankfully, so it's not like there was a bunch of gear I wanted and never got or anything.

The Son of Godzilla said:
The biggest problem IMO on lbrs taking so long is the goddamn world of travelcraft making people arrive staggardly so you can't just run in blazing.
Heh, we've had guild UBRS runs cancelled at the door just because we were having too much PvPing around the entrance.

trilobyte

Want money? Be a warlock and solo Incendius 5 times in 30min. Disenchant for large brilliant shards and get elemental fires. 40g ftw

How do you get past the first pack of soldiers and captain? When I used to run BRD solo for DI/Incendius it always had to be on a hunter or rogue because it was impossible for me not to aggro them.

"How do you get past the first pack of soldiers and captain? When I used to run BRD solo for DI/Incendius it always had to be on a hunter or rogue because it was impossible for me not to aggro them."

Invisibility pot?

im thinking of rollin either an Orc lock or BE pally in BC, I dunno if I want pvp or pve tho

are they making any new servers for bc (pvp on a mature server is retarded)

a gaf guild wont work (very flavor of the month) but I really havent wow'd seriously since shattered hand and venerate went poof (right as I hit 60 might I add!)

so if gaffer wanna roll horde on a pvp server we should pick a common one, no?

so who can tell me about some cool UIs? i havent played in over a year, so i dont know how some of this new stuff works, and what new stuff is out there.

I kinda like Teknopathetic's and SaitoH's UIs they posted 20 or so pages back, i need some good Druid stuff ! :p

Son of Godzilla said:
How do you get past the first pack of soldiers and captain? When I used to run BRD solo for DI/Incendius it always had to be on a hunter or rogue because it was impossible for me not to aggro them.

dive out the window :p

Err... So ignore the highway alltogether and bail out on the overpass that goes over the doors? I guess that means hellfiring down and corpse running back? Doesn't seem nearly as efficient as doing it on a hunter/rogue/druid, although I guess you don't need nearly as good of gear to bust his ass on a lock.

Actually, I vaguely remember them giving him some gintsu anti-solo abilities a while back, is the only way to kill him as a lock now?

Man just thinking about this reminds me of how I used to solo Inc for everyone I knew. People gave me so much gold to get their chintzy FR bracers even though I was just doing it to gear up the guild or a couple friends. Then I did it for my freaking roommate once and an eye of flame drops and he manages to snag it. Thinking back I don't have a clue how he convinced me that was fair.

I mean't if u run past the cog room, up the stairs stay central to avoid agro'ing fellas up there, then run around to the tunnel over the highway, theres a window just as u get there on yur right that u can fall onto thats totally safe, u can then drop down to the highway and toward Incend.

ps, Last night I got valor boots and helm, must have been my 35+ kill of gandling, and it dropped, then on the next room, tada valor boots on my 25th kirtonos kill.

Heroism shoulders legs and boots now yay.

Zalasta

MrPing1000 said:
Heroism shoulders legs and boots now yay.

Grats, but seeing how they will be replaced in two months, I wonder what's the point of upgrading to the 0.5 set. Your money would be better spent elsewhere, but that's just me.

yacobod

Banned
i think i'm gonna reroll a blood elf something whenever BC comes out on one of the new pvp servers, with some ppl from my old guild, my primary point of interest will be pvp and the arena, i dont have any interest doing the whole raiding thing again

explodet

Two months is a pretty long time if you play often.
It's stuff to do. I didn't really need to get my 0.5 set, but the quests were fun and some of the items were minor upgrades.

Lord Val was a major pain in the ass though. But after you finish the quest line you can join UBRS pugs and summon him for laughs just after the Beast loot is handed out. :D

Myself, I harvest herbs in Silithus. Sure, the trash mobs are really annoying, but I've got all the Black Lotus spawns marked, and there's a good amount of dreamfoil and silversage. I, like a lot of people, are addicted to the 'foil.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
border said:
Start at BloodVenom Post (if you're Horde), then sweep around Felwood....then through Winterspring so that you give enough time for Felwood stuff to respawn and can check Black Lotus spawn points.

EDIT: Argghh....pics not showing. Is the official GAF image host dead or doesn't allow remote linking anymore?

http://www.strangereaction.com/imagehost/albums/userpics/10167/Felwood.jpg
http://www.strangereaction.com/imagehost/albums/userpics/10167/Winterspring.jpg

Felwood.jpg

Winterspring.jpg

i'm alliance do you still suggest felwood?

Not really, but Eyonix or one of those well known blue guys hinted it pretty strong. In one of those delay threads he said "we'd be busy this holiday" or something like that.

"Are the gonna change what it means to get an HK? Cause I can see people w/ AoE and spam-dots just getting a ton of honor"

Yeah, that's what I meant. I don't think anyone's mentioned whether they've changed it or not.

firex

Interesting... I think Eye of the Storm is part of Tempest Keep, actually, so that means that one area has like 2-3 5 mans, a raid (probably 25 man, but it may only be 10 man) and a BG.

Thanks for the link to the GUI Tekno, i like the look, and a lot of the stuff with it, jsut need to grab out the shit i dont, swap in some stuff i need, and find out how the hell everything works, or what it even does :p

Tamanon

Banned
Wow, almost an entire guild was banned:

Most of members (like 90%) from Overrated (first and only US Horde guild to kill Kelthuzad) got banned for using Patch 5 to remove skerams platform, and fall through the earth straight to C'thuns tunnel.

According to our sources, Patch 5 was a data file (not blizzard authentic) that you insert into the Data folder in world of warcraft directory. It removed skerams platform, allowing you to drop under the map and walk straight down into the tunnel leading to C'thun.

You know what await you now if you ever planned to use this *shortcut*.

Discuss: http://www.worldofraids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1151

Teza
WoR Reporter

Taken from Worldofraids.com

That's crazy, if you're able to beat Kelthuzad, why even bother hacking to get to C'thun?

firex

I know why! Cause AQ40 is too goddamn big and boring and retarded. Most of the time it takes longer just to clear to the bosses than it does to actually kill them.

Alex

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj really isn't that lengthy once you've got it down and are deep into Naxx.

It really does seem, while you're working on it, that it'll be hell to put on farm mode, but it clears up.

Couple of hours to get to C'thun, and the loot prior to it keeps your alts and hybrids happy.

Stupid to exploit it, there is no risk, so to speak, it is a certainty; you WILL be caught.

Hero

Cloak of Shadows is now a trainable rogue ability.

This is the new 41 point subtlety talent:

shadowstep1.jpg

I can see a lot of casters QQing again.

Alex

Requiring stealth is a little fruity, but the short cooldown and the damage modifier makes up for it.

Combat really needs some buffs too, Blizzard has thrown every effort solely into Subtlety ever since the Rogue talent review.

"Combat really needs some buffs too, Blizzard has thrown every effort solely into Subtlety ever since the Rogue talent review."

Subtlety was sorta lacking the most.

Tamanon

Banned
Hero said:
Cloak of Shadows is now a trainable rogue ability.

This is the new 41 point subtlety talent:

shadowstep1.jpg

I can see a lot of casters QQing again.

No big whoop, Blizz seems to be taking away a lot of the whole "Who gets the jump on who first" concept from PvP. That's a good thing. They're adding a ton more stam to things and making it so nobody can die in 5 seconds unless they're a total tard. Good stuff there. My mage has no problem with that.

firex

I understand the new subtlety talent's purpose since that tree largely blows for dps, and it should also eliminate some of the problems with having to stealth behind guys in 5 man/raid encounters, but giving cloak of shadows to all rogues sounds like it will artificially draw out the length of fights against them, kind of similar to pally divine shield.

"I understand the new subtlety talent's purpose since that tree largely blows for dps, and it should also eliminate some of the problems with having to stealth behind guys in 5 man/raid encounters, but giving cloak of shadows to all rogues sounds like it will artificially draw out the length of fights against them, kind of similar to pally divine shield."

Eh? It's a 2 minute cooldown with a 5 second effect. I'm sure you can manage. :p

border

Yeah but the 5-second effect means rogues will just remove all dots and vanish....essentially restarts the whole fight. I assume it works on Bleed effects too?

Tamanon

Banned
I don't understand some people. Tier 4 stats released, except for the set bonuses and people are complaining that it's a minor upgrade over Naxx gear, or sometimes not an upgrade....

Tier 4 isn't a raid set, it's a casual set that you can get from running 5-mans and 10-mans. You'd think raiders would be upset if it WAS an obvious upgrade over tier 3:p

Zaptruder

Banned
Tamanon said:
I don't understand some people. Tier 4 stats released, except for the set bonuses and people are complaining that it's a minor upgrade over Naxx gear, or sometimes not an upgrade....

Tier 4 isn't a raid set, it's a casual set that you can get from running 5-mans and 10-mans. You'd think raiders would be upset if it WAS an obvious upgrade over tier 3:p

Any links to the tier 4 stats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom