• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallout

Nabbed my ZHC last night on my Shaman. Also got Jindo's Hexxer because nobody wanted it, heh. I've got a good bit of +spell dmg gear, so I'm going to respec 30/0/21 ... should make for some fun. Elemental mastery is great, but NS is just too useful to pass up.

firex

Yeah, to be honest, I'm not even using shadowfury much. But I haven't done any pvp yet, so I don't even know how I'd use it in pvp. Since it's a targeted aoe I think it's better spent to hit someone before they can get to you, though. Later this weekend (probably sunday night) I'll do Hellfire Citadel Ramparts and I'll see how useful it is in group pve. Nether Protection isn't so hot either, at least in pve, because it only lasts 4 seconds, but it will proc on some fire effects like infernals' fire shield (don't know if that's a bug or not). In pvp it's probably a lot more useful since it could possibly block any number of instants. Backlash obviously procs a lot more since most mobs do physical damage, and the 3% extra spell crit just makes it even better. It's definitely my favorite of the 3 new 3 point passives in destruction. Soul Leech is also awesome, but it won't drain the full amount of health if your target doesn't have that much to give, and I think it may be better for searing pain spam. btw, drain life and mana will be pretty sick in the expansion too - the newer ranks of drain life are 87/sec and 105/sec (I think, it may be 100) and drain mana tops out at 120/sec. With the change on spell damage, my current crappy non-talented drain life is +135ish on my warlock with absolutely zero buffs (not even curse of shadows). I may go respec to affliction later on though, because that seems like it could be used to easily grind my way through quests.

And I finally found a Grand Master Engineer, so I got Master Miner and Master Engy for 10 gold each. A lot of the previously dropped recipes are now trainable like Tamanon said.

I also did some grinding on my shaman, and elemental isn't bad at all in the expansion. I went 42/0/9, and I do lots of damage, especially now that earth shock has no increased threat (instead, frost shock does, which only nerfs frost shock spammers). Totem of Wrath is awesome... I really have shitty elemental gear (but it's better than my enhance gear) and I still do a good bit of damage, regen about 43 mp/5 now, and frequently crit (of course, it's a little bit more damage than my noncrit shadowbolts on my lock, but I've also got about 1/8th the damage gear). The one thing I hated about heavy elemental builds before was how badly they ate into mana costs and caused downtime, but Unrelenting Storm and mana spring totem really makes that a non-issue. I'd only have to drink if I wound up fighting 2-3 guys in a row when I was grinding. And when you add in all the spell hit and crit from talents and totem of wrath, even with my crappy gear I easily solo 61s, and I didn't even have much trouble taking on a 63. IMO I'll probably go this route again in the expac unless they nerf it, because it's just easier to gear up for and now the talents and new totems actually make it a very viable choice.

Oh yeah, there's some ****ing awesome early quests in Hellfire peninsula, and one part of the zone has some kickass voidwalkers you can enslave with some awesome skills like an area health leech and an autocast +shadow damage on melee attacks skill. There's also some boring quests, though - I mean early on you get simple "kill these guys located about 50 feet away from me" quests, and some quests to gather stuff on the ground... but the zone is still really impressive and it gives a good feeling that you're just going into the meat grinder on the front lines against the burning legion.

border

I thought that Anger Management was actually going to generate +1 Net Rage per 3 seconds :( Turns out its exactly the same talent as before, but described differently.

border said:
I thought that Anger Management was actually going to generate +1 Net Rage per 3 seconds :( Turns out its exactly the same talent as before, but described differently.

Yeah, I've been meaning to ask that. Is working with a 2h without Unbridled Wrath (or even with it) with the new rage calculating off? As in, if your gear is underperforming, you're forked?

firex

holy crap. ok, I figured to speed up grinding I'd go respec affliction. Little did I know that dark pact now SCALES. Using the level 60 rank I drained 955 mana. So holy shit, I'm so going affliction when the expansion comes out. No-downtime grinding ftw!

border

Seems like I've hit one of the PTR bugs -- if I select a character, it sends me to the loading screen, which fills the loading bar to 100% and then kicks me right back to the character select screen. Bizarre -- I was actually able to play for a while with my character, but now I get kicked out every time.

Blizzard has said the pre-BC patch will be out before the holidays, but it looks like they've got a long way to go.
SatelliteOfLove said:
Yeah, I've been meaning to ask that. Is working with a 2h without Unbridled Wrath (or even with it) with the new rage calculating off? As in, if your gear is underperforming, you're forked?
I have no idea, but the Official Forum geeks seem to think the whole Arms spec is worse then it used to be. Which sucks since it's the least gear-dependent PVP build around...

I'd try some more, but the aforementioned bug has kept me from playing completely.

border said:
Seems like I've hit one of the PTR bugs -- if I select a character, it sends me to the loading screen, which fills the loading bar to 100% and then kicks me right back to the character select screen. Bizarre -- I was actually able to play for a while with my character, but now I get kicked out every time.

Ain't a PTR bug, it just means that the world server is down.

fallout

firex said:
I also did some grinding on my shaman, and elemental isn't bad at all in the expansion. I went 42/0/9, and I do lots of damage, especially now that earth shock has no increased threat (instead, frost shock does, which only nerfs frost shock spammers). Totem of Wrath is awesome... I really have shitty elemental gear (but it's better than my enhance gear) and I still do a good bit of damage, regen about 43 mp/5 now, and frequently crit (of course, it's a little bit more damage than my noncrit shadowbolts on my lock, but I've also got about 1/8th the damage gear). The one thing I hated about heavy elemental builds before was how badly they ate into mana costs and caused downtime, but Unrelenting Storm and mana spring totem really makes that a non-issue. I'd only have to drink if I wound up fighting 2-3 guys in a row when I was grinding. And when you add in all the spell hit and crit from talents and totem of wrath, even with my crappy gear I easily solo 61s, and I didn't even have much trouble taking on a 63. IMO I'll probably go this route again in the expac unless they nerf it, because it's just easier to gear up for and now the talents and new totems actually make it a very viable choice.
Good to know. I honestly think that NS + Chain Lightning + ZHC (specced 30/0/21) may be the most fun I've had as a Shaman.

border

Son of Godzilla said:
Ain't a PTR bug, it just means that the world server is down.
So has it been down for the last 24-48 hours? I've tried logging in at a number of different times, and I keep getting kicked.

"So has it been down for the last 24-48 hours? I've tried logging in at a number of different times, and I keep getting kicked."

Considering I've seen the queue to get into the PvE PTR go up to 1900 people, it's safe to say the servers are getting crazy hammered, and I know personally I've logged in and had the server crash more than a handful of times. Not a bug, I'm not sure how anyone could FIND any bugs considering no one can manage to stay online for any decent amount of time.

border

I can't even get to the character select screen now :lol I just get an "Error Retrieving Characters" message when it tries to pull up the list..

I haven't seen a single queue yet, though. Strange.

Meantime

Alex said:
Oh my gosh, Affliction is making me downright giddy.

I figured I'd hate it, but no way, full Affliction is the reigning champ for PvP for me at the moment.

Demonology also rocks face, and while Destro always has, and always will be good, Shadowfury is a massive waste at the moment.

If the mechanics worked ala Blast Wave, with a stun, I'd be for it.

But no, Affliction is sick, my Curse of Agony alone dropped a Hunter to 50% earlier, and that was just a run by cast, he had regen time in there too!. Three DoT's is a DEATH sentence now, no matter what. The new drains are sick as well, 36 yard range is yummy. 230 DPS/Healing + procs Shadowbolts like mad!

And oh my , the instant cast Fear...

I found some big mega elite HWL Shadow Priest on Test and man... He got worked. Unstable Affliction, Siphon, Curse of Agony, Corrption, Insta Fear + Death Coil + Spell Lock.... He didnt even get to attack, really, well outside of his SW:p which my Felpup devoured, I didnt even have to drain.

So much good stuff, if I was 70, and had Shadowburn and Bane in addition.... haha. Im finding myself not relying so much on Deathcoil now, which is saying a lot as an Allied lock.

Im having so much fun, my Warlock doesnt even feel like shes the same class anymore.

Hooray for balance :(

Yes, I play a mage :p

firex

Yeah... after some playing around, affliction is probably awesome for grinding but it's too damn boring for me. It's almost the new pvp build. I'll test out a felguard whenever I get home later tonight and see how that works.

Alex

It is balanced...if you're Horde! Quality Undead Elementalists are tough shit, even as a Warlock.

My Insta Howl is still busted 99% of the time by WoTF, but it's nice in that it can give you a split second to finish something up, or a point blank defense even if it is a shitty one. Also good for at least ensuring that Warriors HAVE to sit in their damn berserker stance now too!

Played some of the arenas today. Just the 2 on 2's, was fun, but Paladins are truly unbalanced in there, def would want one on my team. That 12 seconds of immunity is a flat out win button in such a small scale fight. Gotta try the larger ones.

Arenas are downright busted for Locks though, freaking soulshard vaccum, resets all all my conjured shit upon entering one. Goodbye pet, goodbye healthstone, goodbye spellstone (just when they actually made em good)

Alex

Fire; I think the new Demo is the most fun for sure. Affliction is great in that it's a new playstyle for locks, and youre pretty much a Shadow Priest on steroids, but Demo had all it's kinks worked out and the Felguard is very fun all around, the range still sucks shit though.

Destro scales REALLY well, but it's kind of a bummer due to how lame I'm finding Shadowfury to be.

I think backlash is bugged atm though, I heard someone say you have to stand in place, which has to be a bug, and the crit bonus wasnt registering on my character sheet.

I wanna do more testing, but the PTR is so busted it's not even funny. Biggest one yet, by far, and they only have one server, what the hay? The last one had THREE.

Tamanon

Banned
Alex said:
Fire; I think the new Demo is the most fun for sure. Affliction is great in that it's a new playstyle for locks, and youre pretty much a Shadow Priest on steroids, but Demo had all it's kinks worked out and the Felguard is very fun all around, the range still sucks shit though.

Destro scales REALLY well, but it's kind of a bummer due to how lame I'm finding Shadowfury to be.

I think backlash is bugged atm though, I heard someone say you have to stand in place, which has to be a bug, and the crit bonus wasnt registering on my character sheet.

I wanna do more testing, but the PTR is so busted it's not even funny. Biggest one yet, by far, and they only have one server, what the hay? The last one had THREE.

It's probably because they're splitting the test server hardward between the PTR and the Open Beta for BC :p

Alex

Blah, I just hope it gets fixed within the next day or two. You cant even log on 99% of the time, and even when you do, you get the boot within a couple mins.

Alex said:
Arenas are downright busted for Locks though, freaking soulshard vaccum, resets all all my conjured shit upon entering one. Goodbye pet, goodbye healthstone, goodbye spellstone (just when they actually made em good)

Hey, look! Balance! :lol

firex

It's kind of retarded, because with affliction I'm basically putting CoA and Corruption on a mob and it gets down to 15% or less HP most of the time, but I just prefer the bigger mana hog in destruction. I think it's because of the new intensity making it so I can have a more active role in fights and don't need to drain tank everything. But I'm still going to try felguard out eventually. It's just probably going to have to wait until I'm at least 65 or so.

e: also, in the BC beta backlash definitely works. My spell crit as affliction is 12.01%, when it was 15.01% with backlash. And it's gone off many times while running, which is what's so awesome about it - if I have to chase something or try and kite it, I can do so pretty easily.

I've got to say though, I am liking curse of exhaustion.

In Warlock spec news, I recently specced Nightfall/Conflag.

Holy hell what a fun build, for PVP and PVE. Easy to farm with due to Fel concentration and has the crazy burst of Conflag and nightfall all in one. Much more interesting than shadowbolt spam SM/ruin. What with the abysmal Shadowfury, I'm thinking of going with a Nightfall/Destruction build in BC, picking up Backlash and Soul Leech probably.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Was finally able to jump on and test out Earth Shield. I've really enjoyed playing as a Restoration Shaman for the last 10 levels or so, sure I take a hit in being able to dish out damage but it's always nice to have the same type of limited abilities that a Druid and possibly even a Paladin could have (Defiler's Talisman for the win!) so I was really keen to play with the new toy for us Resto guys.

Decided to test it out on the same mobs I've been grinding in Winterspring for awhile. The difference?

In live, I have to stop after 8-9 mobs and bandage/heal/eat and drink - I'm sure it'd be less amount if it wasn't for my mana regen trinket and Mana Tide totem. I have to throw down Strength of Earth totem as well as Searing Totem to add some extra damage. I'm wearing practically the basics of basics of gear at lvl 59, last instance I ran was BRD and had no drops whatsoever. I've only got two pieces of my tier 0 gear, but I make up with that with a shitload of mana compared to some other Shaman out there.

Now onto Earth Shield. The only +healing thing that I have is the new talent to improve your spells by 30% of your intellect. That is +68 thus far. I put on Earth Shield and run to the mob with the new and improved (cough, gimped) Rockbiter weapon buff with it's yummy new 30 min length. Same level mob gets taken down, Earth Shield dropped once after the 10 charges and I rebuffed, it only took the extra hit. After the battle; my health = 98%, my mana = 100%. No totem drop, no spell damage. Just pure deadset melee. Each few hits (roughly two hits it takes for Earth Shield to "proc" and heal me) does 187 health back.

I think Restoration Shaman have just hit a new level of survivability, let alone shoving an Earth Shield on a Warrior during an instance and me having +healing gear on since it stacks with it. Don't know about you, but being healed 500 health per 2 hits from a mob = heaven. It's like having your own heal bot follow you around with limitless mana.

firex

ok, the beta server is insanely laggy and hellfire peninsula is so overpopulated it's no fun playing it, period, so I'm just going to use my shaman and scout out the new zones and leave most of the content fresh. But some stuff I can confirm:
Riding skill is 800g for 225 and 5000g for 300. Flying mounts are 100g normal, 200g epic.
Jewelcrafting rocks and may be the best damn profession ever - it's got crafted items for just about everybody, along with giving rings and necklaces available at like level 10-13, and statues that can buff/heal/do all kinds of random stuff.

The Blood Elf newbie zone >>>>>>>>>>> every other newbie zone in the game. Suck it down every alliance zone ever! Their city is kind of annoyingly laid out, but it's cool. And the BE newbie zone isn't just impressive in its design, it has a ton of quests and it seriously feels twice as big as every other newbie zone, but with enough content to match it. I just barely got into Ghostlands before the server crashed.

e: oh christ, ghostlands is an awesome zone. ok, first off the town there is this neutral collaboration between BE and Forsaken. That sounds weird and maybe even dumb, but you rep up fast with them. Second, they're treated a lot like other neutral factions, like ZG's trolls or Cenarion Circle. So as you rep up with them, you can buy gear from their provisioner NPC. What makes this so awesome is, you get some really nice gear. At friendly I bought a 10 dps green sword with +3 str +2 int and a proc of a 35 damage shadowbolt, and some green mail boots that are +2 str +1 stamina. There's other stuff, all the way up to exalted. The other thing that's good about this is, I think it makes a good case for the faster rep grind carrying over from beta to retail. Maybe it won't be quite as fast... but I'd be a bit surprised if it wasn't, because otherwise you wouldn't hit honored with Silvermoon as a BE until you could go do some of the other BE quests added in to old zones. And that, to me, just doesn't make a lot of sense, because every other race hits honored doing their 10-20 zone for their faction if that's how they choose to focus on it. So it would make a lot more sense for BEs to hit honored doing the 1-10 quests like I did and then have this neutral town to rep up with. Plus, it kind of helps with twinking out your BE without actually hoarding items - just send them some gold and they'll be kicking ass.

tonight was our first night in BWL, 3 hours of wiping on razorgore. Hello brick wall.

First we tried killing mages, hunters kite dragonkin, shamans in the middle kite legionnaires around their totems.

Then after about 5 attempts we tried killing mages, hunter dragonkin kiting, 2 warriors running around the ramp kiting the legionnaires.

Our problem is that the mind controller keeps getting raped about half way in.

firex

Yeah, I know Hellfire's going to be horrible when the expansion goes live, too, but I'm hoping that knowing a little bit of the quests ahead of time will let me get started there much quicker and then I can run off to Zangarmarsh.

I did a little more running around in Outland on my warlock, and found out that at least with my gear, I can grind a lot easier using my VW than I can my imp, so I don't need to respec. Anyway, Shattrath City is pretty cool and it has Khadgar. And as far as the two opposing factions in Shattrath - you get an easy quest after you're introduced where you just pick one side to declare allegiance to. When you do that you jump to Friendly with that side and Hostile with the other, but the town is a "Sanctuary" zone (as is the dark portal when you cross into Hellfire Peninsula) so you can't be attacked at all. I like that idea, it really gets rid of the annoying, retarded griefing in neutral towns that can happen in pvp zones/servers.

Also, although it's definitely meant for people 62+, there's stuff you can do in Zangarmarsh at 60, and on the whole the zone's definitely the second easiest in Outland. It's like the Barrens/Westfall/Loch Modan/Darkshore of Outland. And one thing I'm noticing with all the different factions is, at least for Thrallmar and Cenarion Expedition, they don't have stuff for everybody. They're a lot more focused on specific classes. CE has a lot of healer and feral druid gear, and Thrallmar has dps/caster gear, so instead of each class having good items from each different neutral rep, you just pick the ones that suit what you're going for. Although I guess LW completists will want to rep up enough to get both of their LW pattern sets.

Terokkar Forest seems like it's 63-64 minimum going by the mob levels I found there as I ran to Shattrath. Blade's Edge Mountains are 65+ (and arguably the coolest looking zone I've seen in the game), Netherstorm is 68+ (though I haven't been there, but it seems obvious since you have to go through the 65-66 level stuff in Blade's Edge just to get to it), Shadowmoon Valley is probably also 68+ (I'll find out when the beta server maintenance + most likely another patch is done). Oh, and Zul Aman, the troll instance in Eversong, is a raid. It's not open yet, but I can see the green portal. There's also an instance in Ghostlands that's not open yet, but it's meant to be around Deadmines level. And good (or maybe bad?) news on some other instances: Karazahn apparently needs a key, and maybe Atiesh will work (since it has a "Use: Teleports the caster and their group to Karazahn" function) too. Heroic (the official name of hard mode) dungeons seem to require a key as well, but the one for Hellfire Citadel just requires having I think honored or revered rep with Thrallmar, then you buy it from the quartermaster NPC. Black Citadel and Tempest Keep both require flying mounts to get in, so I'm willing to guess that most likely it will be impossible to summon people to those instances. I have no idea if the 6000g it takes to get an epic flying mount is easy to earn or not, because let's face it, most of the beta testers are ubernerds. But every person I've seen on a flying mount has had an epic one, and gold is definitely inflated in the Outland quests, so it's possible. Anyway, this means raids will be held off for a bit just because guilds will need 25 people with flying mounts to attempt them. Although, honestly, it only takes 900g for a regular flying mount, and that could probably be easy to earn by the time you hit 70.

I'm still hoping that the rep gains in the expansion AREN'T inflated, because quite frankly it makes rep go from a tedious grind to something manageable by the casual player. It's not like you instantly go from Neutral to Exalted, because I'm barely into Friendly with Thrallmar on my warlock and I'm close to 61 already (and I've done like, 8 quests in Outland at the most). Plus, it will flat out be a bitch to get up to honored with Silvermoon for existing horde 60s, and they have quite a few camps in Outland. Alliance, of course, get rep within their faction easy again, since Draenei start out friendly.

Oh, also, hunters, there's like 3 new breeds of pets I've seen, maybe even more than that. Dragonhawks are in the BE starting zone and there's probably some higher levels in Outland as well. They get their own Fire Breath racial skill. There's also Ravagers, which honestly look like the mother antlion from HL2. I think they get a short stun, but maybe not. And I saw someone with a Nether Ray (Steve Irwin jokes are going to fly out of this one) which is, well, an airborne stingray basically. I don't know if Ravagers/Nether Rays get their own racial skills, but the Dragonhawks do, plus they look cool. I'd say it's also likely that Rays/Dragonhawks learn Dive. Oh, also, I think you can tame snakes now, but it may have just been some crazy hunter who kept his snake from all the way back in like 1.0 when you could tame one of the ZF snakes. And for any hunter who isn't on the regular game's PTR or the expansion beta, BM is pretty sweet. My hunter's only 51, but I put all 42 points into BM and the haste talent near the end alone is awesome. It made my gryphonwing long bow go from 2.39 speed (after the quiver bonus) to 1.99, and my slow-ass turtle went from 2.0 speed to 1.67. So imagine that with a speedy pet like most BM hunters go for, and you could probably get a 1.2 speed pet down to 1.0 or .9 speed. It's a huge DPS boost since it doesn't change the listed damage on your weapon any, and I don't think it affects RAP either. Add in improved AotH and you could easily turn some of the 3.0 bows/guns/whatever into 1.5 speed attacks.

Anyway, point is a lot of the new beast mobs in the expansion seem to be tameable, so more pet options.

SyNapSe

MrPing1000 said:
tonight was our first night in BWL, 3 hours of wiping on razorgore. Hello brick wall.

First we tried killing mages, hunters kite dragonkin, shamans in the middle kite legionnaires around their totems.

Then after about 5 attempts we tried killing mages, hunter dragonkin kiting, 2 warriors running around the ramp kiting the legionnaires.

I hate this fight, and quit and haven't done any raiding after it.

It seems like the patch is up.. when I just entered I got a new updated and it said I'd get the patch download on next exit.

John_B

My guild started doing BWL from scratch in august, and now we can clear the place out in just about 4 hours.

I only need Drake Fang Talisman and 3 remaining Bloodfang pieces. I'm really surprised how little a upgrade Bloodfang over Nightslayer really is.

MrPing1000 said:

Ostensiably, that's a mage getting free, but that's probably just a symptom of something else knowing this fight.

This is a crucible fight, no doubt about it; and there HAS to be a few things done to make this happen; and by "happen", I mean "buy time for the eggs with at least 2 warriors and 5 healers up" come gametime.

1. Have healers use LOW rank heals. Screw the 2.0 patch, you need minimal threat spread thin as possible between all healers so they're rarely targeted by picked up mobs and it's easily corrected by a few demo shouts or Fade or whatever. The corrollary to this is, ALL healers have to be very, very aware about where kiters are, where they're going, and how they're doing, and vocal about it if something starts going wrong (mostly warrior with pain train in tow getting dazed by fresh new kitee.) "Tankdude headed to south corner needing heal!" That sort of thing.

If every healer just gives a piddling 400-500 rank one Flash Heal or rank two Healing Wave topping off passing kiters, it goes MUCH smoother. Most of the pain trains come from a healer pulling big aggro with a monster heal crit and the ambient healing from all over passes by the original kiter's aggro, and the chain reaction starts that none can survive for long.

Also, less points in -Threat talents == less healing. It's better if any who have little to none simply not heal at all for the first few mages coming out, then slowly crank out few heals.

KTM threat meter doesn't really help, as mobs show up continuously. Mostly healers have to "feel it out" when they have aggro, and if they get that "feeling" start running the figure 8s not healing to buy time and hopefully let their aggro ease off till it's safe to stand still again for kiter healing.

2. We have first dragon sleeped by druid in each corner, then second one feared by warlock. These are ignored once tanks pick them up.

3. Mages should not be stunlocked. Silence, Counterspell, and Spell lock are safer. Rather to eat a fireball than have one go AoE happy on a corner requiring risky healing. Sheep double spawns.

4. After all Mages are spawned and killed, Rogues and non-kiting Warriors go to a healer and defend them. Disarm, Gouge, Intimidating Shout, stunlock, whatever, keep that guy alive, then take that legionairre on a run thru the totems once aggro is ok.

5. I don't know kiting that well, and watching them go about their work is intimidating. :lol

Past that, it's just playing it everyone "getting" this fight. Run AQ20, where people can get experience in personal responsibility and thinking on the fly fights to hone their game.

firex

I've done legionnaire kiting before on my shaman and it's not too hard, but it's a bit different than usual kiting. What you want to do is drop earthbind totem at every corner you pass when it's off cooldown, and kite the legionnaires up to the top of the platforms on each side and then cross over to the other set of stairs, but jump down off the side instead of down the stairs. It'll make them take a bit longer in their movements and adds a lot more time to your kiting. Grabbing the first legionnaire or any strays in your area is easy since you should frost shock them, and if nobody else has touched them they'll immediately be on you, but snared so you can run away. You're constantly running in circles as a kiter, but you use some of the terrain on the two platforms (the orb one, and the one Razorgore starts on) to make them take longer to catch up to you.

I've done the fight both as controller and as a dragonkin kiter. You dont pull aggro unless you use Razorgore's volley or sleep. Which you shouldn't do, at all. Mages getting up on the platform and hitting the controller with AE are a big problem, but that's easily solved by having people on the task and by having absolutely nobody staying on the platform except for kiters and the controller. Oh and you've got to have two controllers too, but I'm sure you've found that out.

Kiting is incredibly easy. Just assign a hunter to each corner and have them pull aggro on the dragons that pop up in that region. Assigning druids to a corner to sleep them initially helps a ton, but it's not even that necessary once you get it down. I can't imagine legionairres being much more difficult, just have both shaman and warriors do the line dancing and make sure shaman know when/where to drop their totems.

Actually now that I think about it, I don't have a ****ing clue what warlocks are doing in this fight. I'd imagine burning down mages with the mages and rogues or somethin.

explodet

I usually see warlocks helping kill mages. Curse of Tongues, Felhound, etc.

They also use AOE fears very late into the first phase to keep the mobs off the kiters for a few seconds - like when there are 1 or 2 eggs left. But that's only used when you can clear Razorgore easily, or you're desperate to keep people alive.

firex

Now that the beta servers seem to have calmed down a bit, I managed to level up on my warlock. 60->61's not even worth training, but I did gain 176 hp and 154 mp on that level. So the increased XP also results in a pretty big boost in hp/mp - if you had just the same equipment, you'd probably get at least an extra 2k hp/mp from leveling alone. They've also half-fixed the voidwalker. Pet scaling helps it out a ton, and the cost for level 60 torment is lower too. It's now 110 mana, when I think right now in the regular game it's around 165. It still doesn't generate enough threat, though, considering I can pull aggro using nothing but destruction spells wearing 8/8 nemesis and with 2/2 destructive reach. I'll put it in as a suggestion in-game, hopefully they boost the threat generated by torment a lot. even with the change to Intensity, it's just too hard to solo with an imp compared to a VW in outland.

Oh, I've found some nice greens in outland so far, too. I know everybody knows about the stuff, but... green mail helm with +58 healing (by far the worst item since it's just +healing), a dagger with +11 stamina and +13 spell damage, +19 int +27 stamina cloth boots, and a +19 agi +29 stamina +39 AP 2h axe with more listed DPS than arcanite reaper.

Tamanon

Banned
AQ20 has been great for some of our guildies to pick up new techniques, especially healing while moving around which doesn't really come up until AQ or BWL.

As a mage though, I hate being the crystal clicker against Ossi. Especially when he goes weak to frost and I can't just lay into him. I loved getting 5500 crit frostbolts on the bastard.

firex

why make a mage do that anyway? the fight's like all mages/warlocks and a little bit hunters for damage, so it makes way more sense for rogues to be the ones scouting out crystals and the tanks clicking them.

border

Can I get some warriors and warlocks to post pictures of their UI setup? I haven't really paid much attention to my UI, and I'm wondering if there's a better way to do it. Please let me know whatever mods that you're using.

Tamanon

Banned
firex said:
why make a mage do that anyway? the fight's like all mages/warlocks and a little bit hunters for damage, so it makes way more sense for rogues to be the ones scouting out crystals and the tanks clicking them.

Eh, we only had one good rogue, and he was on the outside shutting down the outside crystals. We used a hunter to find the next crystal and ping the map and I was apparently the most trusted to pay attention and get it done. Normally it's not me but another rogue who was absent. A kill is a kill though, I just like flashy numbers:p

If you follow the fairly small list of simple directions, it's pretty much all done for you, just putting all the folders in your addons directory as well as some WTF folder stuff. When I first installed it the chat windows were off and I manually dragged those to where they're supposed to be.

It was pretty...unsettling at first, but despite all the addons that are there it runs really well and doesn't eat up craptons of resources. The addons in the top right are some emergency monitors, an item bonus mod (shows how much +sta, +agi, +etc. I have from gear), and some other FuBar mods. The gear icon in the top middle has a GUI to control all the mods that come with it. As it is now, I feel like a duck out of water when I play with the stock UI on the PTR. (Much to the enjoyment of my PVP opponents)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom