• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst game character ever?

I had an answer for this post, but realized it's more about the character than the actual game, thought that pretty much sucked as well.

Anyways, my vote goes to Hermie Hopperhead. Anyone else?

I cannot stand that pink duck, Freckles, in Animal Crossing. He just drives me fucking nuts and appears at the worst times. He also sent out my favorite character, Kiki the cat. Plus, who the hell says "quackle"?

I hate you, Freckles.

Alright, another change, but this one sticks. The first was a no name obscure import game, the second a dumb little Sonic wanna be, but this... is pure crap:

20187064.JPG

If I'm not mistaken, this character was actually created by Jim Henson Productions. WTF? They usually do nothing but top notch work, but this.... Jesus.

bjork

Semjaza Azazel said:
I cannot stand that pink duck, Freckles, in Animal Crossing. He just drives me fucking nuts and appears at the worst times. He also sent out my favorite character, Kiki the cat. Plus, who the hell says "quackle"?

I hate you, Freckles.

I had a green duck who looked just like Plucky Duck, but was called Zipper. He was an asshole to me quite few times, because he'd tell me to deliver balls to people, and they'd always fall in the stupid river. Then he'd turn red and give me crap for not finishing his chores. He said "zoom zoom", but I changed it to "holmes", so it was at least a little more tolerable.

"Sam Fisher" and every other generic/lame marine character. I'd take Bubsy, Hermie Hopperhead (who actually kinda rocks), and Punky Skunk over him any day.

Rascal is pretty bad as a character, but the game itself is much worse than I ever could've imagined. :(

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Bubsy is really cute! Hatarz be daaaaaaamned
bubsy.jpg

In my opinion, the worst game character ever is Batman since 98% of his games are crap.

Sho Nuff

Banned
TRUE STORY. 5 years ago I visited Travellers Tales on a press tour. We saw an early version of Rascal. We were told that the Jim Henson Studio was designing Rascal (the character), but the version we saw was bad and TOTALLY PLACEHOLDER.

...It was the same character as in the final game...

Sho Nuff said:
TRUE STORY. 5 years ago I visited Travellers Tales on a press tour. We saw an early version of Rascal. We were told that the Jim Henson Studio was designing Rascal (the character), but the version we saw was bad and TOTALLY PLACEHOLDER.

...It was the same character as in the final game...

That's so hilarious, and yet not at all surprising! Traveller's Tales have been at the top of my shit list ever since Sonic 3D Blast appeared, and I don't think I've enjoyed a single one of their games to date. They've almost got NST beat in the "take respected games/series' and totally fuck them up" category -- almost.

bobbyconover said:
That's so hilarious, and yet not at all surprising! Traveller's Tales have been at the top of my shit list ever since Sonic 3D Blast appeared, and I don't think I've enjoyed a single one of their games to date. They've almost got NST beat in the "take respected games/series' and totally fuck them up" category -- almost.

Didn't they make Sonic R? That wasn't so bad I thought.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Just for me...it would have to be Squall... I have never played a RPG where I wanted the main character to die a horrible death...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Andy of Heart of Darkness would qualify for me as the worst character ever
heartofdark005.jpg

A french tester qualified him as "appeau à baffe", which would translate roughly as "Slap caller".

Captain Falcon, and the rest of the F-Zero non space car idiots.

StarFox, and the rest of his furry fanfic pals.

A nod goes to Team Ninja for their utterly bland female character designs.

Ryo from KoF

bobbyconover said:

Hey now.... I rather enjoyed Sonic R.... and both 3D Blast and R has fab soundtracks by Richard Jacques. But their other games.... which I know of, are rather lame. Though I did check out the new Crash game that is gonna come out this fall and it looked decent (mind you, I hate Crash, but I never mentioned him cuz he's more boring that horrible).

robertsan21 said:
jak&Dexter or whatever they are called!!
i hate them

Yeah, I hate Jak with a passion. Soul patches are just so.... gay.

jak2_091603_03.jpg

Mock

Banned
Tingle

tingle_gba.jpg

While Zelda: Majora's Mask is still my favorite Zelda game, I hate that it birthed Tingle into the Zelda Universe and that he's been in every game ever since.

Mock

Banned
ge-man said:
Hey, I like Tingle. The brilliant thing about Tingle is that he's a lame ass character on purpose.

He's a creepy 35 year-old man who thinks he's a fairy and likes helping little boys. Not only that, he's a theiving, Force Gem-stealing bitch. Even the animal buddies in the Oracle games were like, "Can we go now the we have a map? This guy is a freak."

Dyne

Mock said:
He's a creepy 35 year-old man who thinks he's a fairy and likes helping little boys. Not only that, he's a theiving, Force Gem-stealing bitch. Even the animal buddies in the Oracle games were like, "Can we go now the we have a map? This guy is a freak."

Amen. Every time one of my friends kills me in Four Swords Adventures I yell "Don't take my force you freaks!" but Tingle always grabs the biggest one. >: (

Although his tower of games is pretty cool.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Blinx is a good one.

Also, any 3D platformer mascot that has "COOL ATTITUDE!!!!!11" I don't think I have to run down the list.

Please, Nintendo: keep Mario the same as he's always been. He's one of the last platformer mascots that I can look at without cringing and expecting a really terrible one-liner to surface.

Top Bottom