• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but if he resigned everyone would just leave him alone and he can go be his favorite movie Citizen Kane at Mar-a-Lago.

I'm not sure that's true. I think punishments are going to be pretty severe for this to ensure that a foreign power doesn't try to influence the election so directly again.

he was so pissed or panicked at the mention of flynn that he ragequit the event

Looked to me like he was leaving before that came up?

Either way, they probably staged this thinking it would show normalcy in the face of the Trump presidency coming down and Trump being the choker that he is, just choked and left.

Fisty

He worked so goddamn hard and spent so much time running for President, it gives me life to think that he will have it all ripped away from him in an instant.

And once one little boy folds, the others will hit the panic button and everyone will be trying to save their own ass

NimbusD

This is fucking insane. How can anyone look at even just that one video and think, hey this is a well run and healthy Executive Office.

Pilgrimzero

I'm honestly surprised he hasn't quit yet. With an excuse like "I quit as Pres since this is hurting my family" the same
Excuse every guilty person used to leave office.

Shoeless

64YWIbd.gif

Is this also part of the masterful 4D chess plan, or can Trump supporters at least admit that this was probably a mistake?

That's one of the best gifs of all time.

I cannot stop watching it and laughing like a crazy person :p

It's just so beautifully embarrassing in every sense.

What an absolute embarrassment. This man has forever demeaned the office of the presidency.

That's a little much. One or two more awesome presidents after this, and Trump will become nothing more than that weird gray area in American history that teachers don't really have an explanation for. Like Grant's presidency.

rjinaz

Nah it was a power play to remind his Beta who the Alpha is. Their president is no cuck.

I mean yeah, I don't even need to visit that cesspool to know how they would play this. Trump ignoring/dissing the fake news press. It's what they deserve. He's a hero

Jimothy

That's a little much. One or two more awesome presidents after this, and Trump will become nothing more than that weird gray area in American history that teachers don't really have an explanation for. Like Grant's presidency.

Nope. It'll never be the same after Trump. He is a man so blatantly corrupt, narcissistic, and incompetent that he's proven that anyone with a little money and a lot of hate can become the President of the United States. His stench won't be gone from the oval office for many generations.

Nope. It'll never be the same after Trump. He is a man so blatantly corrupt, narcissistic, and incompetent that he's proven that anyone with a little money and a lot of hate can become the President of the United States. His stench won't be gone from the oval office for many generations.
Plus he opened the Pandora's Box for non-politican presidents. That only probably forever changed the game

Z O N E

Narcissistic lying con man was elected to lead a country on a technicality. Predictable hijinks ensued.

i took "no idea" pretty literally and a wall o text happened. the last paragraph pertains to this thread directly.

a number of trump administration and campaign related people have quit their jobs based on suspicious connections to Russia or because they were caught lying about suspicious connections to Russia in legally-significant ways. Flynn, formerly Trump's national security advisor, is the highest-ranking dude who's done this so far.

The FBI recently confirmed that the Russian government took action to influence the election in trump's favor and that they are carrying out an investigation to determine if anyone from the trump campaign or republican party colluded with Russia on purpose, and who the responsible individuals are.

there's committees in both the house of representatives and senate whose specialty is intel and in theory they should both be investigating this as well. currently, the senate is going full-speed-ahead in a bipartisan manner, while Nunes, an R congressman from California, has more or less brought the house investigation to a stop and is currently doing a tremendous job of seeming like he'll be revealed to be on the list of compromised individuals.

between the Senate investigation and the FBI investigation, it's no longer possible for the Republican party to dismiss this as some Democratic smear campaign. Flynn attempted to cut a deal with the FBI to assist the investigation or future legal case in some way in return for immunity from whatever charges they may want to bring at him in the future. He's been told to take a hike thus far. It seems that the investigators don't believe that he's got anything they need.

Thank you both of you. Time to sit back and see how this goes down.

Jetman

So I jabbed at Republican/ProbTrump co-workers about all of this, the only excuse I got out of them was "pshh, who cares about Russia? Trumps a millionaire. He has business deals Everywhere!"

I just laughed really loud and shook my head. Extreme denial from the right still in full effect.

Surfinn

So I jabbed at Republican/ProbTrump co-workers about all of this, the only excuse I got out of them was "pshh, who cares about Russia? Trumps a millionaire. He has business deals Everywhere!"

I just laughed really loud and shook my head. Extreme denial from the right still in full effect.
Ignorance is bliss.. Stupidity is forever

You're giving him way too much power. It's really disappointing.

Trump is not stronger than our institutions. The courts have shown this against his EOs. Congress showed it with the AHCA. He cannot dismantle our history nor chart our entire future; he's too weak, too flaccid, too unmotivated.

All Donald Trump is is a sad, puffy little man who's utterly impotent in his role and incapable of doing anything other than running his mouth and running to Florida to hide.

If Barack Obama cannot set a presidential standard with his greatness, you'd better believe that Donald Trump can't affect the office of the presidency at all with his failure.

Trump is not stronger than our institutions. The courts have shown this against his EOs. Congress showed it with the AHCA. He cannot dismantle our history nor chart our entire future; he's too weak, too flaccid, too unmotivated.

All Donald Trump is is a sad, puffy little man who's utterly impotent in his role and incapable of doing anything other than running his mouth and running to Florida to hide.

If Barack Obama cannot set a presidential standard with his greatness, you'd better believe that Donald Trump can't affect the office of the presidency at all with his failure.

Well at the very least he's getting away with ethics and nepotism laws.

Dr.Acula

Banned

That Americans elected a reality TV show host with zero political experience is the real takeaway. That a man like Trump could become president in the first place is the real damage. And while you can argue that the institutions and systems in place are stronger than the president, the electorate has utterly failed their test. You can't say that America would never elect a Hitler or a Duterte, someone who openly speaks against women and minorities, the barrier to entry is now a little fame and some money.

guek

Banned
That Americans elected a reality TV show host with zero political experience is the real takeaway. That a man like Trump could become president in the first place is the real damage. And while you can argue that the institutions and systems in place are stronger than the president, the electorate has utterly failed their test. You can't say that America would never elect a Hitler or a Duterte, someone who openly speaks against women and minorities, the barrier to entry is now a little fame and some money.
Americans voted decisively in favor of Hillary though. Trump got elected by an outdated institution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom