• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: No announcements planned for game titles or specs for Nintendo Switch in 2016

LOL, please. People get a bunch of cash in hand and impulse-buy luxuries.
This actually isn't really the case. The vast majority of people who get a refund use it for practical needs or for monetary needs like savings or paying down debt (something like 85+% of consumers).
Have you seriously never noticed that spring is like Christmas 2 in the gaming industry? There's a reason so many big AAA games are clustered around late March/early April, then everything goes quiet until September.
Game releases are not equivalent to hardware releases, let's not be silly equating two vastly different products and price-points.

shingi70

Banned
LOL, please. People get a bunch of cash in hand and impulse-buy luxuries. Have you seriously never noticed that spring is like Christmas 2 in the gaming industry? There's a reason so many big AAA games are clustered around late March/early April, then everything goes quiet until September.

Nah, think it's the other way around. I know I'm using my tax refund for next year to purchase a used car, and still getting an NX by saving now.

LordRaptor

Game releases are not equivalent to hardware releases, let's not be silly equating two vastly different products and price-points.

March hardware releases:
  • Gameboy (JP) (actually April, but close enough)
  • GBA (JP)
  • DS (EU)
  • 3DS (NA,EU) (JP FEB, also close enough)
  • PSP (NA)
  • PSP Vita (NA & EU Feb, also close enough)
  • N64 (EU)
  • PS2 (JAP)
  • PS3 (EU)
  • Xbox (EU)
  • Xbox 360 (T2 countries)

Let's not be silly equating anecdotes as evidence

Top Bottom