• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF: Renting games is forbidden in Belgium starting december 1st

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Mr YuYu said:
Altough game mania is really overpriced u can find some gems in the used section.

Recently found dark chronicle and dark cloud for like 10 euro each.

But yeah, in general those tradingforums are much better.

Yeah in GM Leuven I found some decent prices on used games while I was studying there. My local store (roeselare) rarely has anything good though.

Generally, recent games you want to buy used there are way overpriced

Burai

shitonmychest57
Steppenwolf said:
Because you still want to play games worth playing in ten years. Its simple as that. Look what happend to the Amiga developer scene in the 1990's. EA just fired 600 people. games dont develop themselfes. The people behind them have to feed familys too. From the gamer perspective its very short sighted to safe a couple of bucks on a used Gamestop copy instead of buying a new game.

The Amiga developer scene was fucked over by Commodore mismanaging their home computer business and the simultaneous rise of the IBM-compatibles. The 80's-early 90's were a brilliant time for small-time developers but Amstrad and Sinclair were out of their depth, Amiga and Atari were run by morons and the rest is history.

EA just fired 600 people because that's reality. The company I work for just shed a third of it's employees because we're in an economic downturn too and we don't have any scapegoats like piracy to blame - it's just the reality of the market at the moment. It just happened that EA were spending big just as the bubble burst. It has nothing to do with rentals, used sales or piracy.

Brobzoid said:
damn your language crazy. why are those 'j's there? those 'i's are sufficient. That's just trying too hard to be eccentric. :\

Without that 'j', we would pronounce it like 'lick'.

Why is that 'c' there? Eccentric tsss ...

Scipius

Darunia said:
GM is really expensive when it comes to new games on any platform. I go to Mediamarkt for new games.

I can't see how any gamestore in the Benelux could compete with what Mediamarkt offers in terms of both choice and price of PAL games. Used games or imports is pretty much the only thing left for them.

Tarin02543

meppi said:
The old Game Nations, now that were some great stores in the day. Especially the ones in Sint-Niklaas, Antwerpen and Mechelen.

Some really great people worked there as well, extremely friendly and knowledgeable.

yeah I remember 99/00 when DC just came out here in Belgium, they were even carrying japanese imports. you could even buy japanese neo geo pockets, now that was a game store.

meppi

Tarin02543 said:
yeah I remember 99/00 when DC just came out here in Belgium, they were even carrying japanese imports. you could even buy japanese neo geo pockets, now that was a game store.
Exciting times indeed. Those guys along with The good people from CVG and the official Sega Saturn Magazine turned me into an import gamer. :)

Top Bottom