• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC09 Thread of iPhones and Snow Leopards

Juice

update!

Apple sent a cease and desist over this image, indicating the 16GB iPhone having been discontinued. (via Google Cache)

2mnrp6d.jpg

Definitely lends credence to the idea that the 8GB iPhone will go unchanged and continue to be sold at $99.

Perhaps they'll just go the simple route of dropping the price on it tomorrow to keep sales alive until the actually upgraded units appear next month. Definitely would make sense.

ckohler

TheGreatDave said:
I use Twitterena. It's TwitterFon without an ad with some tweaks. Cost 59p.
As a TwitterFon user, I'll give it a look. So far, I've been very happy with TwitterFon though. I especially like the way it highlights new tweets when you open it.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Juice said:
update!

Apple sent a cease and desist over this image, indicating the 16GB iPhone having been discontinued. (via Google Cache)

2mnrp6d.jpg

Definitely lends credence to the idea that the 8GB iPhone will go unchanged and continue to be sold at $99.

Perhaps they'll just go the simple route of dropping the price on it tomorrow to keep sales alive until the actually upgraded units appear next month. Definitely would make sense.

So if the new iPhone is 32GB... does that mean the next iPod Touch will go to 64GB ?

hope so.. at that size, i'll be sold.

JoeMartin

All I want is flash support. And I'm still vaguely interested in an apple tablet and/or netbook if they can keep it competitively priced :)lol - I know).

RevoDS

Hoping for iPhone OS 3.0 release (my jailbreak's kinda fecked but I can't be bothered to restore when 3.0 is just around the corner), and the MacBook updates along with a Snow Leopard release date...I'm gonna have to buy one over the course of the summer, and I'd hate to do it right before an update.

Fairly sure I'll be let down on either of these though :(

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
I'd love to see Snow Leopard be a free upgrade at least for people with Leopard. Apple's charged for enough of these in a row that I think it's time to throw us a bone, particularly since it's a tweak and tune release. If not, they're going to need to present one helluva good argument for why they're charging. And a performance boost ain't gonna cut it for most.

If the "leaks" and rumors about the new iPhone are more or less accurate - second camera, magnetometer, video stuff, compatible with faster networks - then it won't be hard for me to hold off upgrading my 3G until next summer.

I don't anticipate being convinced to go buy something after the keynote, thankfully. :lol

Juice

ckohler said:
As a TwitterFon user, I'll give it a look. So far, I've been very happy with TwitterFon though. I especially like the way it highlights new tweets when you open it.

Agreed. TwitterFon came out of nowhere as a super simple Twitter app and has slowly been honed into a terrific UI for Twitter.

DjangoReinhardt said:
I'd love to see Snow Leopard be a free upgrade at least for people with Leopard. Apple's charged for enough of these in a row that I think it's time to throw us a bone, particularly since it's a tweak and tune release. If not, they're going to need to present one helluva good argument for why they're charging. And a performance boost ain't gonna cut it for most.
Uh, Windows 7?

It was three years from Tiger to Leopard and now two years from Leopard to Snow Leopard. That's a pretty slow release pace, really.

Juice

quadriplegicjon said:
So if the new iPhone is 32GB... does that mean the next iPod Touch will go to 64GB ?

hope so.. at that size, i'll be sold.

If it means anything, it's that the new iPhone will include a 16GB model (and probably a 32GB too).

Of course eventually iPod Touch will hit 64GB. Sooner the better.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
EviLore said:
Hope the new iphone is cool, upgrade time for me either way.

Same here. I've been out of contract with t-mobile for a while waiting for the new iPhone.

I really hope the $99 iPhone is true. My phone is on it's last legs and would love to get one. I already have the iPod Touch so I can wait if it's not announced but it sure would be nice.

ckohler said:

Anything you like about TwittedFon should be in Twitterena. It's 95% the same, just a little prettier and tweaked interface options.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Uh, what do you think most of Windows 7 is?

It was three years from Tiger to Leopard and now two years from Leopard to Snow Leopard. That's a pretty slow release pace, really.
Windows 7 is following up a disaster, though.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
XiaNaphryz said:
Really interested to see how Apple responds to the Pre launch.
"We've updated iTunes to v8.3 which makes syncing with Apple devices 2 times faster than ever before. The one major setback is that iTunes will no longer sync with non-Apple devices through alternate software.

Fuck you Palm!"

...something like that.

In all honesty the Pre isn't really anything that requires responding to from Apple's POV. How many Sprint phones do you see out there? How many Palm devices do you see out there? How many iPhones do you see out there?

Unless you're Blackberry or Apple, hardware is not going to be flying off the shelves for high end phones.

Edit: For what it's worth, the Pre is an awesome device. If there was no such thing as an iPhone I'd probably be all about the Pre.

Juice

RubxQub said:
"We've updated iTunes to v8.3 which makes syncing with Apple devices 2 times faster than ever before. The one major setback is that iTunes will no longer sync with non-Apple devices through alternate software.

Fuck you Palm!"

...something like that.

In all honesty the Pre isn't really anything that requires responding to from Apple's POV. How many Sprint phones do you see out there? How many Palm devices do you see out there? How many iPhones do you see out there?

Unless you're Blackberry or Apple, hardware is not going to be flying off the shelves for high end phones.

Edit: For what it's worth, the Pre is an awesome device. If there was no such thing as an iPhone I'd probably be all about the Pre.

I'll never buy one, and I'm still all about the Pre! It's a great device, built by very talented people, and will provide additional innovation in this space that the other players (RIM, Microsoft) have failed utterly and completely at.

It will probably serve as a foil to keep pushing Apple forward, too. Without any quality competition, they'd be comfortable metering out features as slowly as possible.

Without any competition, Apple would have

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
dunno if this is new or whatever

but the iphone 3g has almost been completely removed from rogers site

when choosing a phone, it's not available. when you find the phone on search... when you get to checkout it says "no phone selected!"

mind you, rogers might have just run out of them... but this could also be alluding to an imminent launch

they also modified our iphone 3g essential packs (now $5 more) but added unlimited text/MMS (supposedly) so it's obvious they're preparing for at least iphone os 3.0, but it still seems a bit fishy imo

x Maiku x

I hope we get a better look at Snow Leopard and hopefully a release date. Also, a Steve jobs surprise appearance would be great. As an Apple fan, I'm already tired of the boring iPhone saga. Way too many rumors and hype for just more of the same boring updates. Random question, but I can jump directly from Tiger to Snow Leopard, correct?

TheGreatDave said:
Anything you like about TwittedFon should be in Twitterena. It's 95% the same, just a little prettier and tweaked interface options.

Dumb question....how do you follow someone new from within Twitterena?

dangrib

i work for a premium reseller (in australia)

unibody macbook stock has been frozen for a week.

expect bumped unibody macbooks

aparisi2274

EviLore said:
Hope the new iphone is cool, upgrade time for me either way.

me too. I still have the OG iPhone, and I resisted getting the 3G, because well, it didnt have that many new features that I needed. When they announced MMS in 3.0 and said it only works on 3G phones, that was pretty much the feature that pushed me over to the I have to upgrade camp.

What I really hope AT&T and Apple does, it allow us to activate it at home like with the original. Hopefully they learned their lesson with the horrible 3G launch!!!

Chris R

Can't wait, first E3 and then this :D

Wish I could be there (know a friend who is) but just couldn't justify going (yet... maybe next year).

Juice

T-Mobile just updated their product list, supposedly. Of course, this looks like an HTML page, so I'm sure someone could have just "javascript:void(s.add("New iPhone ZOMG"))" 'd it:

T-Mobile_Catalogue.gif

new 16/32 GB models added. Also "iPhone 2009 (NTB)" and "iPhone 3G 8GB Black V2"

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Juice said:
T-Mobile just updated their product list, supposedly. Of course, this looks like an HTML page, so I'm sure someone could have just "javascript:void(s.add("New iPhone ZOMG"))" 'd it:

http://images.macnn.com/macnn/news/0906/T-Mobile_Catalogue.gif

new 16/32 GB models added. Also "iPhone 2009 (NTB)" and "iPhone 3G 8GB Black V2"

That's not from t-mobile in the US? is it?

Black or white, which to choose? I'm going to drag my co-worker to the Apple store if it comes out tomorrow.

Juice

neojubei said:
That's not from t-mobile in the US? is it?

Black or white, which to choose? I'm going to drag my co-worker to the Apple store if it comes out tomorrow.

Germany, if the text is any indication.

Currently a Blackberry user on Verizon. The announcements tomorrow may make me break my contract and switch. Just not super satisifed with my Storm. Though it kills me inside to go to such a small 3G network like AT&T.. I dunno gonna have to be a nice announcement by Apple first.

Verizon prob won't get an iPhone until LTE which won't be until next year at the earliest for VZW and only in certain markets.

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
I'm certainly looking forward to a possible new iPhone announcement. That way, I can choose between getting the HTC Magic or the new iPhone in the near future. C'mon Apple, don't let me down :D

Top Bottom