• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men ‘97 | Official Trailer

jason10mm

Gold Member
I hope they understand the assignment.
W3BTvX3.jpg

AREYOUOKAY?

After waiting 20 or 30 years you can forgive the change to 3D. It may not be traditional 2D anymore, but let’s be honest they cheaped out on the last season anyways by switching animation studios.

I mean we have come a long way considering this is what they looked like before in 3D

My only hope is that they get the guys who made the TMNT Shredders Revenge game to make a new X-Men beat em up based off this while the voice actors are still around.

It’s an easy money printing idea.

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

Opportunistic bastards

Anything to sell their overpriced scams I suppose. To be fair at least it makes sense and all the games are fitting. I still can’t get excited for it considering their support is garbage after buying one years ago for a much more reasonable price.

Oh well so long as it gives them the idea to make a new game based off the show I don’t care in the end.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Opportunistic bastards

Anything to sell their overpriced scams I suppose. To be fair at least it makes sense and all the games are fitting. I still can’t get excited for it considering their support is garbage after buying one years ago for a much more reasonable price.

Oh well so long as it gives them the idea to make a new game based off the show I don’t care in the end.
ugh, I want it but, those tiny 17" screens kill it for me.

AREYOUOKAY?

ugh, I want it but, those tiny 17" screens kill it for me.
That’s the least of your issues. Do you enjoy scratches and dead pixels? Even the replacements come with them.

Had to mod all the bad stuff out such as the screen and controls.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Cautiously optimistic, could be cool or could fall short. I dig their effort to recreate the look of traditional cell animation, although some of the animation itself seems limited by budget.

Will keep an eye out.

I figured the change from traditional to digital animation would be a bit awkward, but it looks fine enough.

My worry solely lies upon the voice performance of Wolverine. Whoever it currently is, even if it's the same actor as before, isn't sounding right even with that one line. Even if it is the same actor as before, I would have opted for Steven Blum anyway.

Hate to be the nerd in the room but I feel like Wolverine's adamantium skeleton being charged by Gambit would probably kill him. But it looks cool I guess and that's all that matters to Disney. Just consume the product, don't ask questions.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Gambit riding wolverine looked pretty hilarious.

Edit: it looks to be the og voice actor for wolverine. That's pretty cool. I figured he'd be dead at this point.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
The quote at the end really threw me off: "to me MY X-Men"

I fully expect Cyclops to fuck something up and die, then Jean has to raise the baby alone and Storm takes over to get rid of Magneto.

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
There's always a catch with modern entertainment, especially with Disney lol

Eh

Ya I don't love the choice here but if Disney is forcing certain woke criteria on the production company....there are much more egregious changes they could make than to make morph non binary.

Kacho

Ya I don't love the choice here but if Disney is forcing certain woke criteria on the production company....there are much more egregious changes they could make than to make morph non binary.
I’m sure there will be more. For now I can only hope they don’t go full Kevin Smith He-Man with this show.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

Cyclops has said that exact phrase in the comics quite a few times, so not sure why you’re bringing it up.
To be more specific it was the inflection which was a bit off for me, Cyclops never stuck me as a dictator.
I just don't want another Masters of the Universe: Revelations "thing".

Top Bottom