• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men ‘97 | Official Trailer

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Rouge making me feel
Hopefully rouge
Looking For GIF by Rick and Morty

sonic-rouge.gif

A clip of the team fighting Sentinels …

So, I haven't really been keeping up other than hearing all about the shitshow that surrounds it but in seeing this clip did they go completely 3D?

The first clip released awhile back the animation had seemed oddly stilted but in seeing this new clip it's screaming 3D.

AREYOUOKAY?

So, I haven't really been keeping up other than hearing all about the shitshow that surrounds it but in seeing this clip did they go completely 3D?

The first clip released awhile back the animation had seemed oddly stilted but in seeing this new clip it's screaming 3D.
At least they won't have inconsistency anymore by switching animation studios.

gUaBOQh.jpg

jTSe4cE.jpg

qYfhWlj.jpg

Toons

The clip they released was pretty cool. Great animation, I wasn't sure id like the style but it looks like a moving comic book.

I was considering skipping this but I'll eventually check it out, even tho its been 20 years since I watched the original.

And by the way rogues button is pretty flat in literally every other frame of the original toon, that one sequence they drew it way out of proportion which is why it became a meme in the first place lol

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

The clip they released was pretty cool. Great animation, I wasn't sure id like the style but it looks like a moving comic book.

I was considering skipping this but I'll eventually check it out, even tho its been 20 years since I watched the original.

And by the way rogues button is pretty flat in literally every other frame of the original toon, that one sequence they drew it way out of proportion which is why it became a meme in the first place lol
8g5NfXL.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member

“Following the success of What If…?, when we were able to make more animated shows, [X-Men ’97] was my first idea out of the box. And Kevin [Feige] was like, ‘Alright, if we can get the [original] cast and we can get the song, let’s do it.’ And fortunately, we were able to do that,”

The first two episodes were pretty awesome and in line like the OG toon! The animation is better than the final season, that's for sure! A TON BETTER!

Y'all really need to give this a chance... It's like the show never ended!
Exceeded my expectations. Both episodes were great.

Fine I'll watch it but I have to rewatch the previous seasons due to not watching them ever since I was a kid

Toons

I dont have D plus and haven't watched the original in ages so it'll be a minute but I caught the intro and it's amazing. The same intro with morph and bishop added and some slick animation but it plays out exactly like before. Very cool.

Elbereth

This show made me renew my Disney+ sub. I’ll consider keeping the sub if the remaining episodes are as magnificent as the first.

The nostalgia, original voices (for most of the cast) dialogue, and foreshadowing left me in awe.

ManaByte

Gold Member
This show made me renew my Disney+ sub. I’ll consider keeping the sub if the remaining episodes are as magnificent as the first.

The nostalgia, original voices (for most of the cast) dialogue, and foreshadowing left me in awe.
Yeah I think myself and others are going to be eating some crow now. This is actually good.
ghostbusters GIF

I didnt think it could be done, but they killed it.

The series is deeper, more refined and relevant than it ever was.

Plus, they're dropping Age of Apocalypse seeds already.

The only odd thing, possibly, is how they're handling Wolverine and Morph...

kondorBonk

So far really liking it. Animation while nicer it a big jarring at times. Jubilee is the main culprit this so many facial expressions each scene. Giving everyone kissable lips is also off putting.

Biggest downgrade is in the intro song. No church bells!

Much larger focus on Cyclops who has always been my favorite character. Using his eyes for movement in the fight scenes is great.

clem84

Gold Member
I saw the first 2 episodes. It's really good. The ending of the 2nd episode was really epic. I like the animation. Yeah it looks different, but they did good. The feel of the show is intact. You can tell they watched the OG cartoon from beginning to end.

Storm! :messenger_weary:

Top Bottom