• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XB1 Retail Version of Battlefield 4 Will Still Run at 720p, 60 FPS, EA Rep confirms

post-21673-True-Blood-NOPE-gif-601-who-ar-3Mmc.gif

legacyzero

Banned
That's right. Fuck platform parity right off this fucking planet. Fuck even the idea of it. If you don't make a console as strong as the other one, then you should pay the price in the way of a shittier looking version.

GOD, parity pisses me off.

That's 16 more lines of pixels than BF3 on 360!

HAHAHA

This seems kinda fishy to me...

Then there's this as well.

Derrick01

Banned
Just wait until we're out of the cross gen period and into full blown next gen 2 years from now. It's going to be ugly and we're going to see a lot more of this on Xbox. I hope their fans are prepared for a really long generation.

People expected 1080P 60FPS to be the standard this generation
I don't think people expected everything at rock solid 1080p/60. But 1080p as a standard res with maybe drops to 900 to keep 60 on certain games seems more realistic. To drop all the way back to 720 seem farcical given it's 2013. I still am stunned that KI runs 720p, I just don't understand what they were thinking when designing this.

Just wait until we're out of the cross gen period and into full blown next gen 2 years from now. It's going to be ugly and we're going to see a lot more of this on Xbox. I hope their fans are prepared for a really long generation.

It's not like this article inspires great confidence at a Ps4 version above 720p

720p, sure, but what resolution do you get if you add the pixels from smart glass?
I think smartglass is like 1080p, so that's 1800p for the Xbox One version of BF4 in total.

You gotta take all the Xbox One experiential products into account to get a more balanced view.

I don't think people expected everything at rock solid 1080p/60. But 1080p as a standard res with maybe drops to 900 to keep 60 on certain games seems more realistic. To drop all the way back to 720 seem farcical given it's 2013. I still am stunned that KI runs 720p, I just don't understand what they were thinking when designing this.

Games were the last thing on their mind. They wanted a media box. Games were an afterthought. You can see this through the design, name, slogan, their focus at first, etc.

Chobel

Seriously guys read the article, it's not confirmed
That said, since I’ve learned to take what representatives on show floors say with a bit of a grain of salt, I sent a mail to our contacts at EA asking for further confirmation, and I’ll keep you posted if I receive anything noteworthy.

Raistlin

Well, 1080p if over 2.25x the pixels than 720p and PS4 is nowhere 2.25x more powerful than XB1. So if PS4 version would run at 1080p, the graphics would at least have to be turned down quite a bit. So probably no. 1600x900 (1.56x over 720p) is probable.Though I think it will be a bit lower than that still.
There isn't necessarily a 1:1 correlation between 'power' (whatever nebulous metric that even is) and pixel fillrate.

Not that I'm implying it will be 1080p, but that right there is a gross oversimplification.

seriously this is just pathetic, eight years later and we are still stuck in this sub-standard resolution and will be stuck again for the next eight too. whoever designed the XO hardware needs to be slapped.

Abriael

Banned
Gemüsepizza;84015123 said:
"False" was in reply @FuckeChoppe, his response was the link to the jackfrags tweet as a clarification.

This. The Frorstbite tech director says that what @FuckeChoppe said (IE bad machine or lazy devs) is false, retweeting what @JackFrags said as confirmation, because earlier JackFrags said it was running at 720p (prompting @FuckeChoppe's response), and then corrected himself.

Top Bottom