• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

I assume it's because it comes with a part of Halo Reach on the disc - though that didn't stop Halo 3 ODST coming digital in a campaign only portion.

Well that's because there were two discs for ODST, singleplayer and multiplayer. The singleplayer disc was "Halo 3 ODST" and the multiplayer disc was "Halo 3" but multiplayer only.

FyreWulff

Still blows my mind why it isn't available digital

It's due to Reach MP being included into it. If you have Anniversary and Reach digitally the 360 will only launch the Anniversary Reach MP demo instead of Reach itself due to how the 360 looks for title IDs when you select a game. The only way to play Reach is to delete Anniversary completely or put it on it's own drive and take the drive out..

The same issue would have happened if they had tried to sell the Mythic disc portion of Halo 3. it has the same title ID as the regular Halo 3 so you could only launch one.

We normally find out about today don't we?

Really hoping it's Massive Chalice that is confirmed.

There's not really a set date or time -- usually it's a few days before the turn of the month, but they've also waited til the last day of the work week to announce. Could come as late as Friday.

Massive Chalice would be an awesome get.

flkraven

We normally find out about today don't we?

Really hoping it's Massive Chalice that is confirmed.

There's not really a set date or time -- usually it's a few days before the turn of the month, but they've also waited til the last day of the work week to announce. Could come as late as Friday.

Massive Chalice would be an awesome get.

I remember something about the last Thursday of the month, so I'd expect to know tomorrow.

Didn't know much about Massive Chalice so I checked out a video review. Looks sweet and right up my alley, though I suspect better played with a mouse.

Hmmmmm cough up funds on Steam to play with mouse or play for free on the Xbone.

Didn't know much about Massive Chalice so I checked out a video review. Looks sweet and right up my alley, though I suspect better played with a mouse.

Hmmmmm cough up funds on Steam to play with mouse or play for free on the Xbone.

Try it on GwG for free to see if its worth buying on Steam? Seems like the obvious solution

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
It's due to Reach MP being included into it. If you have Anniversary and Reach digitally the 360 will only launch the Anniversary Reach MP demo instead of Reach itself due to how the 360 looks for title IDs when you select a game. The only way to play Reach is to delete Anniversary completely or put it on it's own drive and take the drive out..

The same issue would have happened if they had tried to sell the Mythic disc portion of Halo 3. it has the same title ID as the regular Halo 3 so you could only launch one.

what the fucking fuck.........

thanks for the info, now my mind is even more blown.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Not to be a dick, but Massive Chalice looks pretty boring to me.

It would be pretty boring to the majority of Xbox gamers out there. But the handful that are excited for it will be the most vocal.

Would be bitterly disappointed if they back up Pool Nation and Castlestorm with Massive Chalice. Especially with PS Plus getting Ground Zeroes and Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Hopefully the 360 can save the month.

It would be pretty boring to the majority of Xbox gamers out there. But the handful that are excited for it will be the most vocal.

Would be bitterly disappointed if they back up Pool Nation and Castlestorm with Massive Chalice. Especially with PS Plus getting Ground Zeroes and Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Hopefully the 360 can save the month.
Haven't they used up Pool Nation for two months already? Has any game been used more than twice? (I hope not, I didn't really enjoy PN at all)

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Not expecting anything good for Xbox One. I am always more interested in Xbox 360 games. Give me those AAA games.

Chris1

I still think we'll get two games this month, if not for E3 then for GWG anniversary. Remember Street Fighter was a bonus game for 360 anniversary last year, maybe we'll get Massive Chalice and GZ?

360 has been awesome the past few months though, so I'm definitely excited for that more than the X1 these days. Maybe we'll see Fallout 3 or NV since F4 will most likely be announced at E3? Possibly Just cause 2 maybe in anticipation for 3?

Forza would be radical. I enjoyed the hell out of 4.

I passed on Forza 5 due to the "meh" it received but it was patched pretty heavily right?

The problem with Forza 5 was that it was a launch game and as such was missing a lot of the modes and features that 4 had. This happens to driving and sports games frequently during a generational transition but you need to know this so that you aren't as disappointed with F5 if that's what we get.

I still think we'll get two games this month, if not for E3 then for GWG anniversary. Remember Street Fighter was a bonus game for 360 anniversary last year, maybe we'll get Massive Chalice and GZ?

360 has been awesome the past few months though, so I'm definitely excited for that more than the X1 these days. Maybe we'll see Fallout 3 or NV since F4 will most likely be announced at E3? Possibly Just cause 2 maybe in anticipation for 3?
For 360, hoping for Fallout 3 or NV or XCOM or XCOM: The Bureau.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Haven't they used up Pool Nation for two months already? Has any game been used more than twice? (I hope not, I didn't really enjoy PN at all)

I think you misunderstood.

I'm saying their last 2 months have been Pool Nation and Castlestorm. I know they leap frog.

So this month we'll get Castlestorm and something. Pool Nation will drop off. But since Rayman they've been really disappointing. They need to pick it up.

Chris1

is this from a rumour? or just wishful thinking?

lol I think he said that because I mentioned it, at least the fallout part, which is completely speculation/wishful thinking on my part.

Fallout would make sense though if FO4 is happening and the 360 gwg has been great this year so I have high expectations this month again. I mean, May has been probably the worst month for GWG and even that isn't bad, just that mafia 2 is relatively old now. This year we've gotten Witcher 2, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and AC Black Flag just off the top of my head, the 360 GWG this year is heaps better than it was in 2013/2014 imo and we're not even halfway through the year yet. They stepped up their game hard for sure, now if only they'd do that with X1 GWG..

Fat4all

Banned
I think you misunderstood.

I'm saying their last 2 months have been Pool Nation and Castlestorm. I know they leap frog.

So this month we'll get Castlestorm and something. Pool Nation will drop off. But since Rayman they've been really disappointing. They need to pick it up.

If they go for a 'full' release, I could see something like Ground Zeroes or Garden Warfare.

If it's an arcade release maybe Screamride?

im_dany

If they go for a 'full' release, I could see something like Ground Zeroes or Garden Warfare.

If it's an arcade release maybe Screamride?

Ground Zeroes was on sale last week I think (atleast on 360), Garden Warfare is free with EA Access.
Screamride is on sale until 2 June so it can't be free on the 1st.

Top Bottom