• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Before Games w/ Gold Ends - Redeem Xbox 360 Games To Permanently Own Them

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
EnpRC1W.jpg

Unlike Xbox One games, the way Xbox 360 games work on Games w/ Gold is that once you redeem them, you 'own' them. 360 games do not need a persistent subscription.

So it might be worth going over and get some of those games permanently before Gold shifts to Game Pass Core.

-

This is probably not a complete list but some 'notable' titles that are free for Gold members right now:

Last edited:
Is there any way to add these to my Xbox Series X library without the console immediately downloading them? On the PS5, I can add the monthly games on PSN+ to my library and then it gives me an option to Download them if I want to. On my Xbox Series X this does not seem to be possible, unless I am missing something?

adamsapple

Is there any way to add these to my Xbox Series X library without the console immediately downloading them? On the PS5, I can add the monthly games on PSN+ to my library and then it gives me an option to Download them if I want to. On my Xbox Series X this does not seem to be possible, unless I am missing something?

If you go via the website, you can just 'buy' it and then the button to download pops up, you don't start downloading automatically.

Q5uuaZG.jpg

7CAk3pC.jpg

adamsapple

You've always been able to keep Xbox and Xbox 360 games permanently even after letting subscription lapse.

Correct, this is for the few people who might not know and none of us know what's gonna happen to these games when Gold ends and Core starts.

Bridges

Nice, didn't realize there were so many accessible right now. Most of these had been GwG in the US in the past but I nabbed a couple that I didn't have already.

As bad as they usually were, I'll miss the occasionally hidden gems of Games With Gold

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Ah, so 25 even lower quality games. great. Besides that was the point of gamepass before gold anyways.
  • Among Us
  • Descenders
  • Dishonored 2
  • Doom Eternal
  • Fable Anniversary
  • Fallout 4
  • Fallout 76
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Gears 5
  • Grounded
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
  • Human Fall Flat
  • Inside
  • Ori & The Will of the Wisps
  • Psychonauts 2
  • State of Decay 2
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
What, is this for real? I'm now angry at the PS Plus.
Yes. Just not the Xbox One or XSX games. All 360 or earlier games you kept forever. That is why I redeemed but then didn't download right away. They are all in my library ready to play or download....and I don't have Gold or Gamepass anymore.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
  • Among Us
  • Descenders
  • Dishonored 2
  • Doom Eternal
  • Fable Anniversary
  • Fallout 4
  • Fallout 76
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Gears 5
  • Grounded
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
  • Human Fall Flat
  • Inside
  • Ori & The Will of the Wisps
  • Psychonauts 2
  • State of Decay 2
  • The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited
I got to say I think I'd rather have it the old way as I've played/own most those games. I might switch to Playstation Extra and just buy the exclusives on Xbox.
Opposite of what I do now.

wvnative

Best part of it was keeping 360 games forever.

Hopefully we'll get a new batch of BC when Activision deal goes through!

I'd keep your expectations in check, many of those games will have licensing challenges. (Like, I don't know, but does the current Spider-Man exclusivity also exclude re-releases of older Spider-Man games?)

Likely a lot of stuff along those lines for MS to overcome.

Aegis Wing and Dark Void are the only ones I wasn’t able to redeem. I cant believe I missed some of these others like The Maw and Splosion Man.

Top Bottom