• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Weird, my Lego Star Wars installation on Xbox One just gets to 83% then stops and just says 'The install has been stopped'.

Have tried rebooting, even restarting the whole install etc and it still says it. :\

Jesus. Whoever found that animation to be accurate for a womans naked chest haven't seen it in real life.

B-FVy21IQAAbEnl.jpg

dickroach

Ryse clearly takes place underwater.
still haven't gotten around to playing it.
good faces.

I played LEGO Star Wars on the og XBOX a million years ago, and have the other 2 games on steam. dud gold month :(

Akai__

It's one of those months again, where I can't download one of the Xbox 360 games. In this case the 2nd one of the month, which is Lego Star Wars.
"Sorry. Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again."

Does anyone know why this is the case?

It's one of those months again, where I can't download one of the Xbox 360 games. In this case the 2nd one of the month, which is Lego Star Wars.

Does anyone know why this is the case?
Where did you try downloading from? If you can, try "purchasing" it from Xbox.com.

Chris1

I always use Chris1's links in this thread and when it doesn't work, I use the Xbox One or the Xbox 360. Nothing is working, though.

Are there replacement titles in other regions? My Xbox One and my Xbox 360 are both set to USA, but I'm in Germany.

Could that be it?
That will probably be why, if you use a US VPN it should work. Or change your account region to Germany but that might cause problems with already purchased games

Tomash

Are there replacement titles in other regions? My Xbox One and my Xbox 360 are both set to USA, but I'm in Germany.

Could that be it?

I 'bought' it off Xbox.com(Xbox One opens the web portal to Xbox.com when buying 360 titles), I had to use UK VPN because my account is set to UK.

Akai__

That will probably be why, if you use a US VPN it should work. Or change your account region to Germany but that might cause problems with already purchased games

I 'bought' it off Xbox.com(Xbox One opens the web portal to Xbox.com when buying 360 titles), I had to use UK VPN because my account is set to UK.

It's just weird to me that it's now doing this, when I could use the same exact method for the last 12+ months.

Chris1

Should get June this week? ��
Should do

Since they had a big BC sale this week and they don't give games GWG so soon after on sale we can probably narrow down the 360 games... But who has time for that :p

Edit: A really quick look.. Injustice isn't on sale. That could be one of them. But making it GwG a month after the sequel comes out would be strange.

EmiPrime

Should do

Since they had a big BC sale this week and they don't give games GWG so soon after on sale we can probably narrow down the 360 games... But who has time for that :p

I predict at least one Ubisoft game. I know that's like predicting sunset and dawn.

I'd love a digital copy of forgotten sands or ac3.

Chris1

I predict at least one Ubisoft game. I know that's like predicting sunset and dawn.

I'd love a digital copy of forgotten sands or ac3.

The PoP game that's BC is on sale this week as is all AC. Could be a new game to BC though (AC3 isn't BC, it would well with the AC game being announced this year). Or maybe AC Syndicate XB1? That game didn't sell well and IIRC was received pretty good.

I edited two possible candidates into my last post.. Neither of them seem really likely though, but they aren't on sale this week

EmiPrime

The PoP game that's BC is on sale this week as is all AC. Could be a new game to BC though (AC3 isn't BC, it would well with the AC game being announced this year)

I edited two possible candidates into my last post.. Neither of them seem really likely though, but they aren't on sale this week

I think here on we can expect more concurrent BC/GWG announcements. Wouldn't be surprised if some BC releases are being held back if already scheduled for GWG.

Chris1

I think here on we can expect more concurrent BC/GWG announcements. Wouldn't be surprised if some BC releases are being held back if already scheduled for GWG.

What makes you think that?

This months GwGs were already BC for some time

Also someone just edited the GwG wiki page saying Skate 3 and Plants vs Zombies (and screwed the page up in the mean time, making it incredibly difficult to read :().. Most likely BS but who knows

im_dany

Baseless prediction: Shadow of Mordor and Assassin's Creed Rogue to promote 2 of the upcoming 3rd party games they have marketing deals with.

I literally got Shadow of Mordor last month. Still ok with that happening though, unless they don't throw the DLCs on sale.

Remember when they used to have DLC sales with new Games with Gold?

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Generally if we hear about the games early, it's usually because it's a good month.

If we don't hear about them until the last minute, it's because it's generally not great games they've quickly done deals to get on the service.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
My Gold is about to run out, but it's been ages since I've seen it at a decent price. Wondering whether to let it lapse for a while - first time in over 14 years!

Raide

Just download everything. If you never play it no harm done it'll just sit in ready to install

Agreed. Just download and uninstall if you don't want it. At least you have it!

Basically means a large catalogue of games we can try out on Scorpio. 😁

Played a bit of Watchdogs, never got that far. Will check it out.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Not a bad month.

It's funny that digitally, I've paid a total of $5 on Assassins Creed games yet I own almost every single one.

Ac1 $2.50 (BC sale)
AC 2 free GwG
AC3 free GwG/PS Plus
AC4 free GwG
AC Revelations free GwG
AC Unity $2.50 CD Keys

It's simply not worth buying Ubisoft games at this point. They all end up free.

Chris1

Not a bad month.

It's funny that digitally, I've paid a total of $5 on Assassins Creed games yet I own almost every single one.

Ac1 $2.50 (BC sale)
AC 2 free GwG
AC3 free GwG/PS Plus
AC4 free GwG
AC Revelations free GwG
AC Unity $2.50 CD Keys

It's simply not worth buying Ubisoft games at this point. They all end up free.

Except splinter cell games apparently

Do any of the AC games NOT have the base building and sending people out on missions? Oh, and naval warfare? I just want to climb things and sneak around and shank people. The base stuff was too much in AC2 so I stopped after that.

Top Bottom