• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

splattered

Sonic racing is awesome, I will definitely grab that! When it went BC I got excited but remembered I didn't have the disc anymore.

Codes 208

SRT ive heard is a pretty good gams. Like the best youll get for a recent mario kart clone. But the rest of that list is just...why?

RPS37

I will take Sonic Racing, never played that though I know it's a good game. I now have that and Burnout Revenge to keep me happy until Forza Horizon 4. Just wish they could 4K patch them for Scorpio.
Wait. Is Burnout Revenge BC??? Do you mean Paradise?

Edit: I'm never up to date with anything these days! Awesome.

Last edited:

Klart

Oof. Those XBox One games are just abysmal. One isn't even a game & the other is a "I'd pick it up for 1.99 in a sale" game.

Eeuugh, let's hope July is better. Definitely the worst month since I've owned the X, GWG wise. (Still love the X, but damn does June suck)

And that their E3 is better than the June GWG.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Laughable offerings. They have either completely given up or are just buying time for some big E3 moves.

spanna

Very poor again. It looks to me like MS have put all their eggs in the gamepass basket.
Saying that though, it always seems to be when PS plus is smashing it, GWG goes and hides under a bush and vice versa.

Iberian

Very sad offering. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but my feeling is that the Xbox One GwG offering are worse each month. Last month a baseball game (for us European is not a very popular or known game), and now bonuses for a F2P game and an Assassin Creed low budget platformer. I used to have a positive view of the Assassin franchise, but GwG totally soured it. Sorry for the rant.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Hopefully it’s just “one of those bad months”, and not an indication of the quality going on forward.

Let’s not hope they will make GwG garbage to make game pass look more attractive.

Hopefully it’s just “one of those bad months”, and not an indication of the quality going on forward.

Let’s not hope they will make GwG garbage to make game pass look more attractive.

Or they really are going to just bundle Xbox Gold into the Gamepass, raise the price a bit (hopefully not) and the free Permanent monthly games will be worse since you have access to that big open (temporary/monthly) library already. I kind of got that vibe by the June offerings. Or just phase them out entirely in favor of a more robust Gamepass.

LOL...we just got Dead Space 2, Vanquish, Phantom Pain, and Syndicate the last two months. Give me a break with the poor offerings shtick.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Or they really are going to just bundle Xbox Gold into the Gamepass, raise the price a bit (hopefully not) and the free Permanent monthly games will be worse since you have access to that big open (temporary/monthly) library already. I kind of got that vibe by the June offerings. Or just phase them out entirely in favor of a more robust Gamepass.

I prefer the games being permanent while having gold versus only temporarily available.

Are you saying this month isn't trash?
This month is not for me but I was answering some that said we have gotten a lot of bad offerings lately which is definitely not true.

Very poor again. It looks to me like MS have put all their eggs in the gamepass basket.
Saying that though, it always seems to be when PS plus is smashing it, GWG goes and hides under a bush and vice versa.

These are who I was referring to.

Last edited:

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I guess, but most people don't care about old games.

I'd argue that the 360 games are the most important in the entirety of PS Plus and GwG.

Why?

Because not only is every single one backwards compatible, they're also games you get to keep if you let your sub lapse. Many may also be X enhanced down the line.

Last edited:

rmatheso

indeed-that-is-a-good-point.png

Bungie

Not diggin' this months GWG either on XB1 but maybe E3 will be packed with some "OUT NOW" surprises to make up for it.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'd argue that the 360 games are the most important in the entirety of PS Plus and GwG.

I have yet to play one free 360 game. I was done with the 360 last gen. I want good current gen games and since I will always have a sub, that aspect is a non-factor.

Hendrick's

There are plenty of PS4 threads on this forum, no need to put out bait.
It's not bait, just the truth. Most gamers want new games. I don't think that is a statement that can even be argued. Sure, some people enjoy older tiltes and backwards compatiblilty, but by and large most don't care. I for one didn't buy a One X so I could play outdated looking games, most of which I have already played.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's not bait, just the truth. Most gamers want new games. I don't think that is a statement that can even be argued. Sure, some people enjoy older tiltes and backwards compatiblilty, but by and large most don't care. I for one didn't buy a One X so I could play outdated looking games, most of which I have already played.
To counter this: I, for one, did buy a One X so I could play updated older games. Specifically: Fallout 3 and Oblivion. I've also really enjoyed Crackdown and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed in 4K. I'm playing through Morrowind again since the Xbox version with controller support was always my favorite way to play - and the difference on the X is night and day over the old console.

I would have bought the X even if it didn't play new games at all. Sure, I might be in the minority of gamers overall, but we're on an enthusiast site so saying something like "most don't care" isn't helping anyone.

Hendrick's

To counter this: I, for one, did buy a One X so I could play updated older games. Specifically: Fallout 3 and Oblivion. I've also really enjoyed Crackdown and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed in 4K. I'm playing through Morrowind again since the Xbox version with controller support was always my favorite way to play - and the difference on the X is night and day over the old console.

I would have bought the X even if it didn't play new games at all. Sure, I might be in the minority of gamers overall, but we're on an enthusiast site so saying something like "most don't care" isn't helping anyone.
Don't get me wrong, the old games on offer and especially those that have been enhanced in some way are a good thing. I just can't except that in place of new game offerings.

What the hell is happening with the schedule of games with gold titles reveals?

I mean... this is the second month that Microsoft seems to be taking their sweet time to make the annoucement.

Does this mean that Microsoft is abandoning the GwG program somehow?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
What the hell is happening with the schedule of games with gold titles reveals?

I mean... this is the second month that Microsoft seems to be taking their sweet time to make the annoucement.

Does this mean that Microsoft is abandoning the GwG program somehow?

This is no indication they are stopping the program. They seem to do it a bit later now since gamepass also gets new stuff every month.

Naked Lunch

Old games take a dump on 99.9% of the trash being released today. I'll take 360's library over pretty much any console in existence. We are still missing a ton of games on the BC program though.

frogger

Old games take a dump on 99.9% of the trash being released today. I'll take 360's library over pretty much any console in existence. We are still missing a ton of games on the BC program though.

Last count, I have ~850 digital games on 360, about 406 are BC now. Yes I am a hoarder.

https://majornelson.com/2018/06/28/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-july-2018/

Hurrah!... wait... I dunno any of these games... woe is me!

XBO:
Assault Android Cactus
Death Squared
360:
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Splinter Cell Conviction

Edited for opinion:

Scrape that barrel, scrape it good.

I think I hate games like Death Squared. It seems like The Swapper and Braid, puzzle platformers with only one very highly specific solution, frustrating as hell.
That Android (mobile?) game, I'd buy that for a dollar, not.
Virtua Fighter... 5?
And I don't share the conviction on the last title.

It's sad days when you're subscribed to a games service and are happy when they announce an awful new month because you have a backlog that is borderline a mountain.

Last edited:

Leonidas

Last edited:
Assault Android looks good. It's not a mobile game, it's a twin-stick shooter. This one actually seems like it's a great game from what I've read.

Looks like Super Smash TV for modern times, I hope. I didn't mean to shit on the line-up, I'm usually very happy with the games we get in the service.

Top Bottom