• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Noogy

Haha, looking at that massive list of discounted games, I never realized that Wolfenstein 3D had found it way to XBLA. I still love that game (the iOS version is fantastic).

I just remembered a few weeks ago that Microsoft didn't announce a new Game Feast promotion for this year. I guess they must not have anything to make a promotion with or something. I'm wondering if there will be any big releases for November or December.

Edit - Oh, I see Skulls of the Shogun and Guardians for Middle-Earth are coming out for each respective month. I guess they could count.

jgkspsx

Got Guardian Heroes. Almost forgot about it. I have to admit, I've never played the original, just Advance. I hope this is better than that.

Rawkus

Are you thinking of Gunstar Heroes?

Pretty sure he's talking about this.

41zbCPIRpxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Vert boil

Ugh worded my post wrong, I wanted to ask about any 'leaks' that show what unannounced titles are coming soon.

The last PartnerNet list was from July. Nothing exciting has come from the recent boxart scrapping apart from the Star wars game. Mirrors of the Original and the new scans.

I just remembered a few weeks ago that Microsoft didn't announce a new Game Feast promotion for this year. I guess they must not have anything to make a promotion with or something. I'm wondering if there will be any big releases for November or December.

Edit - Oh, I see Skulls of the Shogun and Guardians for Middle-Earth are coming out for each respective month. I guess they could count.

It was mentioned on a podcast a few months ago but there was no specific details. I would have expected them to have already started promoting it if it was coming this year.

jgkspsx

You Don't Know Jack is awesome! Maybe the humor will wear off after 73 episodes... but maybe not. Too bad the sale was so quick, I need to get some friends to buy it...

Pretty sure he's talking about this.

41zbCPIRpxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yep, I was indeed talking about the specific game that I mentioned and not a totally different game by the same developer.

Major Nelson mentioned an Xbox LIVE 10th anniversary thing, and @lifelower found the Japanese page for it: http://www.xbox.com/ja-JP/campaign/live10th/home

No idea if it'll be the same worldwide, but they get Wreckateer for free (for two days) and a bunch of 50% OFF deals

hope it's not the same worldwide, bought wreckateer when it was half of the other week. Pretty dirty to put it on sale like that and then give it away so soon if it does end up being free worldwide.

ok why does minecraft have 400 gamerscore to get? what happened to the 200 max for XBLA?
Someone wasn't paying attention in class. :)

http://majornelson.com/2012/03/22/announcing-arcade-next/

Announcing ‘Arcade Next’

Spring’s most anticipated Xbox LIVE Arcade games are headed to your living room with “Arcade NEXT” from Microsoft Studios and Xbox LIVE. Beginning April 18, a new downloadable title will launch on Xbox LIVE Arcade from Microsoft Studios every Wednesday, through May 9. Also, starting in April, all new Xbox LIVE Arcade games (like these) will include up to 400 Gamerscore, with up to 30 Achievements available to unlock.

@PseudoKirby: HA! you edited your question! okay.gif

Would one say that Torchlight II is coming to XBLA?

The developers would say no.

We're not currently planning a console release. We haven't ruled it out but to do a port like we did last time, would probably not be on the cards, because of the limitations of Xbox Live Arcade, and the fact that we would have to downsample all our artwork this time. With Torchlight we were able to do a direct port of pretty much all of the art assets, other than the interface that had to be redesigned. It would be a lot more work this time. It's questionable whether a business case can be made for that.

"We enjoyed making Torchlight for Xbox Live, and we think it came out really good. It didn't lose any money, certainly, it made money. But we can only do one thing at a time as a studio. We have to evaluate everything across the board and say, ‘What makes sense for us to do next?’ Right now we want to take some time off and kinda clear our heads and come back with a clearer perspective on what the community wants us to do."
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/18/torchlight-ii-faces-giant-rival-diablo-iii

I hope next-gen we get Torchlight 2 and some of the other sequels (Monday Night Combat, Orcs Must Die) xbla missed out on.

As far as this year goes, Skulls of the Shogun is the last big one, right?

Vert boil

I'll update throughout the day.

DOTW

Carcassonne - 400msp (was 800)
Magic: The Gathering (2009) - 400msp (was 800)
Magic 2012 - 400msp (was 800)
Puzzle Fighter HD - 400msp (was 800)
Puzzle Quest 1 - 400msp (was 800)
Puzzle Quest 2 - 400msp (was 800)
Settlers of Catan - 400msp (was 800)

-----

Sonic Free Riders - 1200msp/15$ (was 2000/25$) US price, check your region

-----
Sales & Specials+ app

Section 8: Prejudice - 600msp (was 1200)
--Frontier Colonies map Pack - 160msp (was 320)
--Overdrive Map Pack - 160msp (was 320)

hope it's not the same worldwide, bought wreckateer when it was half of the other week. Pretty dirty to put it on sale like that and then give it away so soon if it does end up being free worldwide.

2x. I will be pretty unhappy. I bought the game at the sale and I still did not play it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
http://majornelson.com/

Xbox LIVE Arcade

Warlords 14-Nov 800
Planets Under Attack 14-Nov 1200
Kinect Sports Gems: Ski Race 20-Nov 240
Kinect Sports Gems: Darts vs. Zombies 20-Nov 240
Kinect Sports Gems: 3 Point Contest 20-Nov 240

Game Add-ons

Black Ops 2: Season Pass 13-Nov 4000
Wreckateer: Aldamont Level Pack 14-Nov 160
Fruit Ninja Kinect: Flower Power 14-Nov 160

Deal of the Week

Carcassonne 13-Nov to 19-Nov 400 (50% off)
Catan 400 (50% off)
Magic The Gathering 400 (50% off)
Magic 2012 400 (50% off)
Super Puzzle Fighter HD 400 (50% off)
Puzzle Quest 1 400 (50% off)
Puzzle Quest 2 400 (50% off)

I Am Alive 20-Nov to 26-Nov 800 (33% off)

Sales & Specials

Xbox LIVE 10 Year Anniversary Sale 15-Nov to 22-Nov Varies
Kinect Central: Sonic Free Riders 13-Nov to 19-Nov Varies by Region
Tiger 13 – 11 Course Pack 20-Nov to 26-Nov 1600 (50% off)

What kind of stuff usually ends up in the anniversary sale? I'm hoping for those Dead Rising XBLA games since I could have sworn they were supposed to go onsale during Shocktober but never did.

Vert boil

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Good to see Warlords finally actually coming out, particularly when Giant Bomb quick looked it BACK IN JULY 2011
That was one of my favorite E3 2011 XBLA games. I thought it got canceled. There's probably a story there.

How is Catan local multiplayer supposed to work? You can see all your opponents cards. Why even bother?

Top Bottom