• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

BigMack

There isn't a season pass for season 1 of TWD.
Not this time. Unless Telltale hear enough noise about people wanting individual episodes to go on sale, I doubt we'll see them go on sale as often (or at all) as the season passes. Probably makes more business sense to have people buy them all instead of piecemeal. *shrug*

Ahh didn't think about there being no season pass for S1. Well that makes sense.

Reason I ask is I've always purposefully avoided season passes because that seems like something could malfunction in the future and not recognize I've bought it.

Or more likely, with my stupidly large backlog, if it doesn't show on the Marketplace that I can Download Again, I might buy it twice lol.

Guess I will go ahead and try these two as season passes since these were the only games I was looking forward to during the Countdown sale.

B4D1E

Thanks Vert for updating your post for the Lego Sale.

Is Star Wars: The Complete Saga worth it? I suppose is the classic template for Lego game.

Alx

Nice, I hope the Xbox One version of Lego Marvel will be on sale too.
I may consider getting a few other Lego games on 360 too, even if I don't play it much any more. Which ones are worth owning ? I liked Lego Batman 2 a lot, but thought the Lego Movie demo was a bit overcrowded.

Vert boil

Updating at the moment, double check prices before buying. I'll update throughout the day.
Everything is listed in USD. Check your region for local prices.

DOTW

Lego Batman 1 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - 37.49$ (~3000msp) (was 50$)

Lego Harry Potter - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Lego Marvel Super Heroes - 6.59$ (~527msp) (was 20$)

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - 9.89$ (~800msp) (was 30$)

Lego Star Wars 3 - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

The Lego Movie - 9.89$ (~800msp) (was 30$)

-----

-----
Countdown to 2015: 15th Daily Sale Dec 30th. Available to everyone.

Terraria - 9$ (720msp) (was 15$)

-----
Game with gold bits, (Expires at the end of the month. MX vs. ATV Alive and The Witcher 2 for January.)

SSX (was 20$)

You will still receive an actual copy of the games given away on 360.
Other threads are available if you want to discuss the Xbox One's offerings.

Thanks Vert! I tended to have better finds with the weeklies over the dailies this sale. I don't think that has usually been the case with me in past years/sales with XBLA. Granted, I finally have a 360 with a HD so Games on Demand are now in play!

I am tempted to pull the trigger on LEGO Star Wars 3 - gotta try that demo again.

Vert boil

Next months GwG bit has dropped a bit early. SSX will still be available tomorrow.

Game with gold bits, (Expires mid January. The Witcher 2 will be the next game)

MX vs ATV: Alive (was 20$)

Jetpac Refuelled (was 515¥) Japanese gold account required

Additional Gold only reductions,

MX vs ATV: Reflex - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

MX vs ATV: Untamed - 10$ (800msp) (was 20$)

Vert boil

Whether it was always planned or a result of the ddos shizzle, they've extended (some bits from) the last weekly sale. Ends on the 6th Jan.

Countdown to 2015 extended second weekly sale

**Gold only bits**

Tales from the Borderlands: Episode 1 - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--Season pass - 12.74$ (~1020msp) (was 15$)

CoD: Advanced Warfare - 45$ (3600msp) (was 60$)

The Orange Box - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

**Available to everyone**

Retro City Rampage: DX - 5$ (400msp) (was 15$)
Rock Band Blitz - 5.54$ (~443msp) (was 15$)
The Game of Thrones: Episode 1 - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--Season pass - 17$ (1360msp) (was 20$)
The Legend of Korra - 10.04$ (~800msp) (was 15$)
The Walking Dead: Season 1: Episode 1 - free
--Episode 2 - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--Episode 3 - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--Episode 4 - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--Episode 5 - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--400 Days - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
The Walking Dead: Season 2: Episode 1 - free
--Season pass - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)
The Wolf Among Us: Episode 1 - free
--Season pass - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

Alien Isolation - 33.49$ (~2680msp) (was 50$)
--Season pass - 15$ (1200msp) (was 30$)

Bully - 3.74$ (300msp) (was 15$)

Dead Island Riptide - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Destiny - 45$ (3600msp) (was 60$)

Fable 3 - 6.59$ (~527msp) (was 20$)

Fifa 15 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 60$)

Forza Horizon 2 - 40$ (3200msp) (was 50$)

Kinect Sports 1 - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)

L.A. Noire - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 30$)

Madden NFL 15 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 60$)

Mafia 2 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Max Payne 3 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

NHL 15 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 60$)

Red Dead Redemption - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 30$)

Rock Band 3 - 9$ (720msp) (was 20$)

Spec Ops: The Line - 4.50$ (360msp) (was 30$)

Zoo Tycoon - 15$ (1200msp) (was 30$)

Vert boil

Updating at the moment, double check prices before buying. I'll update throughout the day.

DOTW

Forza 4
--Season pass - 18$ (1440msp) (was 30$)

Forza Horizon 1 - 12$ (960msp) (was 20$)

GTA: San Andreas - 3.74$ (300msp) (was 15$)

GTA 4 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)
--The Ballad of Gay Tony - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)
--The Lost and Damned - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 10$)

GTA 5 - 19.79$ (~1600msp) (was 60$)

-----

MUD: FIM Motocross World Championship - 20$ (1600msp) (was 30$)

-----
Game with gold bits, (Expires next week. The Witcher 2 will be the next game)

Seriously considering getting a few OG Xbox games on XBL; Halo, Fable, and Spyro: A New Beginning.

How do they fare on 360? Any impressions and comparisons to how they run on 360 vs OG Xbox?

GTA 4 on sale again? Jesus. Is it the goto game when the weeks sale is pathetic, in order to make it look like there is more on offer than there really is? Surely anyone who wanted GTA4 and its DLC has it by now?

Vert boil

Seriously considering getting a few OG Xbox games on XBL; Halo, Fable, and Spyro: A New Beginning.

How do they fare on 360? Any impressions and comparisons to how they run on 360 vs OG Xbox?

The wikipedia page has a bit of info on issues that might occur.

GTA 4 on sale again? Jesus. Is it the goto game when the weeks sale is pathetic, in order to make it look like there is more on offer than there really is? Surely anyone who wanted GTA4 and its DLC has it by now?

In the case of Rockstar, their consistent dotw's are most likely a by-product of the GTA DLC deal.
Whether as a perk or part of a business agreement, promotions and dotw spots are given to publishers. Some publishers have enough games to shake things up, some don't, some don't care, and some have big games that will always sell so why change things up.

It's annoying and a shitty for long time users since they partially pay for DOTW's but every day a bunch of people get a 360 for the first time. Why should they miss out on getting notable games at a good price?

In an ideal world, MS would have a user focused 360 czar that made things good for both new and old users. Unfortunately it didn't happen in the past and it sure as shit ain't gonna to happen in the future.

The wikipedia page has a bit of info on issues that might occur.

In the case of Rockstar, their consistent dotw's are most likely a by-product of the GTA DLC deal.
Whether as a perk or part of a business agreement, promotions and dotw spots are given to publishers. Some publishers have enough games to shake things up, some don't, some don't care, and some have big games that will always sell so why change things up.

It's annoying and a shitty for long time users since they partially pay for DOTW's but every day a bunch of people get a 360 for the first time. Why should they miss out on getting notable games at a good price?

In an ideal world, MS would have a user focused 360 czar that made things good for both new and old users. Unfortunately it didn't happen in the past and it sure as shit ain't gonna to happen in the future.

Good points Vert. I've had a 360 Arcade machine since 2010 but just recently got a 360 with 500gb hard drive. I used to only pick up Arcade games on sale; now, I have the "space" to pull in some affordable Games on Demand.

Halo is fine but I would also recommend Anniversary instead.
Fable has big frame rate drops but Fable Anniversary doesn't run at a lock rate.
I also think Anniversary version of Fable is better than the original.

Vert boil

DOTW

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix - 4$ (320msp) (was 10$)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix - 5$ (400msp) (was 15$)

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - 30$ (2400msp) (was 60$)

Dead Rising 1 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Mafia 2 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Remember Me - 10$ (800msp) (was 40$)

SSX
--Classic Character pack - 3$ (240msp) (was 6$)
--Mt. Eddie Pack - 3$ (240msp) (was 6$)
--Mt. Eddie & Classic Characters Pack - 4$ (320msp) (was 8$)

The Darkness 1 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

X-Com: Enemy Unknown - 10$ (800msp) (was 40$)

X-Com: Enemy Within - 10$ (800msp) (was 40$)

-----

Fifa 15 - 30$ (2400msp) (was 60$)

-----
2k publisher sale

Bioshock 1 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Bioshock 2 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)
--Minerva's Den - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 10$)

Bioshock Infinite
--Burial at Sea: Episode 1 - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)
--Burial at Sea: Episode 2 - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 15$)
--Clash in the Clouds - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)
--Columbia's Finest pack - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)

Borderlands 2 - 6.59$ (~527msp) (was 20$)
--Headhunters 1: TK Baha’s Bloody Harvest - 1.50$ (120msp) (was 3$)
--Psycho pack - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2 - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 5$)

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
--Handsome Jack Doppelganger pack - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 10$)
--UVHUP & The Holodome Onslaught - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 10$)

Duke Nukem Forever - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$)

Mafia 2
--Jimmy's Vendetta pack - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)
--Joe's Adventure - 5$ (400msp) (was 10$)

Spec Ops: The Line - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 30$)

WWE 2k15 - 40.19$ (~3200msp) (was 60$)

-----
Game with gold bits, (Expires this Thursday. The Witcher 2 will be the next game)

----------

The demo for Monopoly plus is up a bit early. All the hasbro shiz should be dropping soon.

Grabbed Dead Rising. Bummer that Canada had it for $6.24 vs $4.99 in the US. :(

Hope Lost Planet Colonies also ends up $6.24 (same default price of $25 like DR) soon.

Bessy67

I'm a little confused about XCOM. Isn't Enemy Within just Enemy Unknown with extra content? Or are they two completely different things? If I was only going to get one, which should I get?

keit4

Banned
Good price on XCOM and Dead Rising. You can get two of the best games from last gen for only 15 bucks.

I'm a little confused about XCOM. Isn't Enemy Within just Enemy Unknown with extra content? Or are they two completely different things? If I was only going to get one, which should I get?

You want Enemy Within, as you have said it already includes Enemy Unknown.

Montresor

I bought Remember Me based off my brother's recommendation - I'm very pleased that the game went on sale again. I think the games below are must-buys from this sale (though there are probably very few people here who haven't played Bioshock 1).

Dead Rising 1 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$) - Majora's Mask with zombies

Bioshock 1 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$) - fantastic price

Bioshock 2 - 5$ (400msp) (was 20$) --Minerva's Den - 2.50$ (200msp) (was 10$) - another game with an amazing price. Even if you had no interest in Bioshock 2's campaign, you could see this as paying $7.50 for Minerva's Den, one of the best self-contained DLC campaigns from last gen. Minerva's Den is better than the main Bioshock 2 campaign.

Spec Ops: The Line - 7.50$ (600msp) (was 30$) - beautiful third-person shooter with a gritty, high impact story

Vert boil

Finally released today,

boxartlg.jpg
boxartlg.jpg

Monopoly Deal - 5$ (400msp), 297MB.

Monopoly Plus - 10$ (800msp), 542MB.

Something's wrong. Games like Tales of Vesperia, Viva Pinata, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron can't be found.

Witcher 2 is also missing on the site but I found it on my console and it's free now and am downloading it now.

MS BETTER not have delisted Vesperia or Pinata. :mad:

Edit: Just chatted with MS support, apparently they had to move the games around to new private links while updates are being made and told me to check back in around 24 hours. Said it was worldwide.

Fingers crossed!

Something's wrong. Games like Tales of Vesperia, Viva Pinata, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron can't be found.

Witcher 2 is also missing on the site but I found it on my console and it's free now and am downloading it now.

MS BETTER not have delisted Vesperia or Pinata. :mad:

Edit: Just chatted with MS support, apparently they had to move the games around to new private links while updates are being made and told me to check back in around 24 hours. Said it was worldwide.

Fingers crossed!
Yeah I thought there was a problem because I can't get witcher to download :(

Vert boil

Yep, this happens occasionally. The links below are correct but they aren't working atm, shouldn't be too long before everything is back to normal. You should be able to grab everything on your console in the interim.

-----
Game with gold bits, (Expires at the end of the month)

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (was 30$)
euro GoD link

Comic Jumper (was ¥) Japanese gold account required

celsowmbr

Banned
Yep, this happens occasionally. The links below are correct but they aren't working atm, shouldn't be too long before everything is back to normal. You should be able to grab everything on your console in the interim.

-----
Game with gold bits, (Expires at the end of the month)

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (was 30$)
euro GoD link

Comic Jumper (was ¥) Japanese gold account required

Neither W2 or CJ are available in Brazil, Do you have any idea of what game could be ?

Vert boil

Neither W2 or CJ are available in Brazil, Do you have any idea of what game could be ?

Nope, best bet is to check the Brazilian dashboard since neither the twitter or facebook for xboxBR seem to reply to anyone. Xbox.com's search is only showing a few games atm so I can't do any of tricks to find what it is.

GutsOfThor

What the hell?

Contra Hard Corps., Guwange, Black Knight Sword and many others that were on my list wanted games are gone from the store.

Sure as fuck hope they didn't get delisted.

What the hell?

Contra Hard Corps., Guwange, Black Knight Sword and many others that were on my list wanted games are gone from the store.

Sure as fuck hope they didn't get delisted.

There's been problems with content on 360 the past few days, including games disappearing. I'd check back later or tomorrow.

Flux

Yeah maybe its region dependent, I can see Hard Corps, but I can't get to the page for Xcom EW or The Witcher 2. (Canada)

Top Bottom