• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBO Gears of War bundle Tops Black Friday accoring to Infoscout.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
It's not just Target, it was the top selling bundle overall.

https://twitter.com/infoscout/status/671455297131573248

From a survey of 250K it seems, still great news for the industry as a whole.

WgSqUxh.png

I just picked one up to open on xmas. Only got it because I really have every other gaming device I want. Will still prefer the PS4 to Xbone

Hugstable

Banned
yeah the bundles at my target went really fast during Black Friday, sold out within an hour. It was a pretty good bundle though, they gave me a 60$ gift card plus 10$ off Live and was only 299$.

What's weird to me is that during Black Friday at Target, all the other Xbox One bundles had no such deals or promotion. But now all of a sudden today, all the Xbox bundles now are at the same Black Friday price, but instead of the 60$ gift card from the Gears Bundle now every bundle has a free game of choice up to 60$ and the 10$ off live. If I knew that, I woulda waited and got that 349 1 TB Kinect bundle instead -___-

Megatron

.......I'm still confused.

Every console was a bundle.

Yes, but they werent all the same bundle. Still it seems like this and uncharted were the two main bundles. Probably fair to say microsoft outsold sony on bf, but remember, sony just sold a bunch of StarWars edition ps4's that arent counted in this survey but do count for november.

Yasir

Sorta relevant.

Gears of War Remastered is excellent (plus addition of all 4 games) + $60. Happy for MS - Xbox One has been my most used console this holiday season and the new dashboard is great.

I'm a bit confused as to the two articles and I'm not entirely sure if the two Infoscout articles are actually incompatible like suggested.

The first indicates that PS4 sold more on BF while the second suggests that XB1 w/ Gears was the top selling bundle.

The two things don't really seem to contradict one another. Just suggests a close BF overall.

Welfare

I'm a bit confused as to the two articles and I'm not entirely sure if the two Infoscout articles are actually incompatible.

The first suggested that PS4 sold more on BF while the second suggests that XB1 w/ Gears was the top selling bundle.

The two things don't really seem to contradict one another. Just suggest a close BF overall.

Gears bundle is just one bundle. PS4 would include every bundle. These data points don't contradict each other.

Megatron

Even that seems moot as they seem to be comparing SKUs only.

True, but I think most of the xb1's that sold were the gears bundle, and most of the ps4's were the uncharted bundle, as those were the two in all the ads. Both systems had other bundles.

I'm a bit confused as to the two articles and I'm not entirely sure if the two Infoscout articles are actually incompatible.

The first suggested that PS4 sold more on BF while the second suggests that XB1 w/ Gears was the top selling bundle.

The two things don't really seem to contradict one another. Just suggest a close BF overall.

I think the ps4 article was only counting 150,000 consoles, while this article is counting 250,000

DayEnder

True, but I think most of the xb1's that sold were the gears bundle, and most of the ps4's were the uncharted bundle, as those were the two in all the ads. Both systems had other bundles.

I think the ps4 article was only counting 150,000 consoles, while this article is counting 250,000

Worth noting, they analyze 250,000 receipts. There might only have been 10,000 Xbox One and/or PS4 purchases in that sample of receipts. They track a lot more than just console sales.

Sure, the sample is higher. But the new article doesn't actually state that XB1 was the highest selling console like the first one did. Merely that XB1 w/ Gears was the top bundle of BF.

So while the sample is higher, the actual data makes sense with one another.

Can someone link the other article? I thought all they said was that the UC bundle was the largest at Best Buy and nothing more. I haven't seen any aggregated data from them beyond this.

BahamutPT

There is no contradictory info so far from InfoScout:

- All Retailers Top SINGLE SKU - Xbox One Gears Bundle
- All Retailers Top CONSOLE (All SKUs Considered) - PS4

What this means in terms of their reports: when you add the Gears Bundle to the other Xbox One bundles the number of total sales for Xbox One are less than the total sales for PS4.

------

In simple terms and a small scale, lets imagine each console only had two SKUs available:

Xbox One Gears Bundle - 100 units (Top SKU)
Xbox One Forza Bundle - 50 units

PS4 Uncharted Bundle - 80 units
PS4 Battlefront Bundle - 90 units

Xbox Overall Total - 150
PS4 Overall Total - 170

---

And everyone's a winner and makes money.

Gorillaz

Oh dear. I hope that means more Gears of War: UE players, instead of people who just have the code lying around or activate it and never play the damn thing.
One of the big questions I had with people getting that bundle was basically "can I switch it out for madden"

Im assuming alot of people will but wouldn't surprise me

What this means in terms of their reports: when you add the Gears Bundle to the other Xbox One bundles the number of total sales for Xbox One are less than the total sales for PS4.

------

In simple terms and a small scale, lets imagine each console only had two SKUs available:

Xbox Overall Total - 150
PS4 Overall Total - 170

---

That's doesn't make sense to me. Didn't Microsoft have a bajillion bundles where as Sony really only had three?

Mikey Jr.

Who sold more consoles?

Is there an answer to this? Not who sold more Friday at Costco or who sold more with tweens.

Who sold more boxes? Xbox or Playstation.

GobFather

------

Xbox Overall Total - 150
PS4 Overall Total - 170

---

Makes sense. Thanks!

Boke1879

Who sold more consoles?

Is there an answer to this? Not who sold more Friday at Costco or who sold more with tweens.

Who sold more boxes? Xbox or Playstation.

Shit.

Don't think that will be clear until at least tomorrow. I'm wondering if we'll even get PR tomorrow or if both companies will just wait for NPD.

On Demand

Banned
I don't get the point of these. If they're not including every console, how does this tell us who actually sold more in total? Like with the Uncharted bundle selling more at BB, that doesn't mean overall sales.

Megatron

That's doesn't make sense to me. Didn't Microsoft have a bajillion bundles where as Sony really only had three?

Its just how hes interpretting it. We have no way of knowing who is interpretting it right. Should be a wild npd. My personal belief is xb1 won black friday, but ps4 won November.

------

Xbox Overall Total - 150
PS4 Overall Total - 170

---

I thought the previous InfoScout report said PS4 UC bundle was top seller at BestBuy? I haven't seen a report from them saying the PS4 console was the top seller overall (including all sku's)

BahamutPT

It works the same way. It's just a matter of the TOTAL depending on EVERY single bundle added together.

XBundle 1 - 150
XBundle 2 - 60
XBundle 3 - 45
XBundle 4 - 70
XBundle 5 - 40

PBundle 1 - 120
PBundle 2 - 115
PBundle 3 - 140

XTotal - 365
PTotal - 375

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm just explaining how the maths could work out. Meaning having a highest selling bundle isn't a guarantee.

Top Bottom