• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo, xbone sales have slowed noticeably enough that MS is getting worried, and they feel it's time to 'leak' numerous infoes on xbone's bright (white!) future.

smart move. Sure, they could hold a press event, by why? Word will spread just as fast this way, too.

This was my line of thinking as well. If some places are to be trusted, they are well below 100K a week sales atm, getting beat 6:1 in Europe to the PS4. And Sony will get the massive Japan sales boost next month. How many will it be? I'm guessing 300-500K for the sales launch. So if sales stay how they are, Sony could be 5m+ February 22nd while MS hasn't even touch 3.5 yet. Then Sony could expect around 200K+ sales per week for a bit leading up to big releases like Infamous.

It could become a 2x sales figure type situation pretty fast.

I don't see anything here though that sells systems though to be honest. A white system? Ok .... No optical drive for 399$? Yeah not happening, an optical drive is maybe factory cost of 10$ or less. 1TB HDD edition for both PS4 / X1 is a given at some point. Crackdown in 2016 is hardly news .. that is 3 years away! lol. May as well announce Halo 3 Remake also.

Halo 2 remake vs. a brand spankin new Uncharted? Yeah that wouldn't look too good for MS to be honest during the Holidays.

The information is fun of course, but if this is all MS has to offer then man ... Also ... did I see something about " not sure about 60fps " for a remake of a OG Xbox title? The PR alone on that would be insanity if true.

Shit I'm first post.

Here is a gif! Yeah we love Gifs.

Crackdown 3 !

excited-baby.gif

Kuro

These games just make it feel like Xbox 360-2. Will we get nothing but Kinect games and then maybe Halo/Gears/Forza at the end of the One's lifecycle again? They better keep bringing those new IPs.

Alchemy

The only thing I find interesting here is the white Xbone. I'm down with a console that isn't a black rectangle. Not much of a step, but at least it is one.

I..uh..I'm not excited by any of this. Fable is too far off to get hyped about at all, and I thought Lionhead was supposed to be on a new IP? And who knows what the next crackdown will be like. New crackdown isn't exactly breaking news either, MS have been dropping teases.

I mean, the only things that are piquing my interest are Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive this year, but I still want to see some proper footage of those two.

White SKU is what they should've done from the very beginning. However, even that is just a color change. Its cool but not game changing.

Also, an SKU without a disc drive sounds absolutely horrible.

Kuro

This was my line of thinking as well. If some places are to be trusted, they are well below 100K a week sales atm, getting beat 6:1 in Europe to the PS4. And Sony will get the massive Japan sales boost next month. How many will it be? I'm guessing 300-500K for the sales launch. So if sales stay how they are, Sony could be 5m+ February 22nd while MS hasn't even touch 3.5 yet. Then Sony could expect around 200K+ sales per week for a bit leading up to big releases like Infamous.

I don't see anything here though that sells systems though to be honest. A white system? Ok .... No optical drive for 399$? Yeah not happening, an optical drive is maybe factory cost of 10$ or less. 1TB HDD edition for both PS4 / X1 is a given at some point. Crackdown in 2016 is hardly news .. that is 3 years away! lol. May as well announce Halo 3 Remake also.

Halo 2 remake vs. a brand spankin new Uncharted? Yeah that wouldn't look too good for MS to be honest.

The information is fun of course, but if this is all MS has to offer then man ...

I highly doubt Uncharted is coming out this year

But does it mean most if not all big Xbone announcements exhausted for the rest of the year already? :/

Probably, MS blew their load to early in order to turn public perception around and they don't exactly have a very good first party to rely on. From these leaks it seems they're going with the classic Gears/Halo/Forza/Fable cycle

daman824

But does it mean most if not all big Xbone announcements exhausted for the rest of the year already? :/
They probably have one or two secrets planned.

Even if this is their e3 press conference, I'm glad I know about it now. It eases a lot of concerns I had with the system. Crackdown is coming back, sunset overdrive is coming in october, quantum break is coming this year, halo 5 is getting a full 3 year development cycle with a multiplayer beta early next year so people can play the game and give positive feedback. And a halo 2 remake with multiplayer coming out in november. E3 can be when I see the stuff in action.

White Xbox is really great. Should have been default, like the Xbox 360. MS needs to run with that theme, like how Sony runs with black/blue.

KoopaTheCasual

I seriously think this is an official leak from MS. I mean, it does wonders for their grassroots support, and gives the fans stuff to tentatively look forward to.

Either way, today was a good day.

Take out the Kinect drop the price to 299-350 and ill be all over it.

I cant help but think that H2A wont sell gangbusters...maybe im wrong. How did Halo Anniversary fare? I really hope they can get it to 60FPS fuck 1080p if you cant get 60FPS.

No disk drive SKU? Would I be wrong in guessing that they might slightly up the specs of the machine in some way or it that out of the question?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
No optical drive sku? with 50 GB games? LOL have fun with that. I agree it'll happen eventually but most people still buy physical.

edit- Good list of games this year with Forza and potentially QB. Not sold on SO, or Halo CE, but it'll look good. Sony better have some stuff to drop at e3 for this year, because the linup is looking weak right about now in comparison.

Have we actually seen anything of substance of either Quantum Break or Sunset Overdrive? Everyone seems to be crooning over them, I must have missed some stuff?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Halo 2 remake vs. a brand spankin new Uncharted? Yeah that wouldn't look too good for MS to be honest during the Holidays.

The information is fun of course, but if this is all MS has to offer then man ...

Shit I'm first post.

Here is a gif! Yeah we love Gifs.

Crackdown 3 !

images

It's more Forza Horizon 2, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and Halo 2 vs. Whatever they have. I don't think they're going to get Uncharted this year, so there's the Order and surely some surprises.

And if you're going to entertain the notion that this is a planned leak, then do you really think they would reveal every single thing they have in the pipe?

Take out the Kinect drop the price to 299-350 and ill be all over it.

I cant help but think that H2A wont sell gangbusters...maybe im wrong. How did Halo Anniversary fare? I really hope they can get it to 60FPS fuck 1080p if you cant get 60FPS.

No disk drive SKU? Would I be wrong in guessing that they might slightly up the specs of the machine in some way or it that out of the question?
HCEA didn't do too well, but sold a few million IIRC. H2A will sell a TON.

I don't like Gears or Forza. I'm skeptical about 343's Halo and I think the Fable games are horrible. Crackdown 3 would be cool but I have a feeling MS will turn it into microtransaction hell. I want more new IPs.

I was just saying,not what people like/dislike.

DEADEVIL

imo, xbone sales have slowed noticeably enough that MS is getting worried, and they feel it's time to 'leak' numerous infoes on xbone's bright (white!) future.

smart move. Sure, they could hold a press event, by why? Word will spread just as fast this way, too.

Doubt the whole MS is worried stuff is true. All console sales slow after the holidays. But, if MS is behind these leaks then well played, because I know I've ben dying to hear info on C3. But the rest of this stuff is gravy.

dose

Halo 2 won't be good?
I have no idea, and neither do you.
Forza Horizon won't be good?
Crackdown won't be good?
Fable won't be good?
I'm just stating that its good to know that sequels or rereleases of good games are on the way! :)
Just because a game was good doesn't mean its sequel will be. We all know how the Fable series has progressed...

ironcreed

Banned
- Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros."

- White Xbone incoming.

- $399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."

faints.gif

Have we actually seen anything of substance of either Quantum Break or Sunset Overdrive? Everyone seems to be crooning over them, I must have missed some stuff?
There was, like... a few seconds of QB shown at VGX. Also there's dat Alan Wake and Max Payne reputation.

Sunset Overdrive, eh, I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom