• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 store closing this July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Three

I'm amazed it was up for so long. No doubt someone will moan that 19 years wasn't enough time to buy a game or DLC and download it to a harddrive *rollseyes*.
When the PS3 store was closing you were shit talking though:
Advantage XBox
No doubt a Sony America idea.. Carry on Sony America destroying the PS brand

how are you now rolling your eyes at imaginary people complaining when nobody has? It's ironic that the PS3 store actually stayed open too and lasted longer than the 360 one.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sure, but I don't want to play that version. I could just play that on my PS5 if that is the case. They didn't need to remove the original.

i'm not sure if Vesperia was ever BC in the first place, don't think it was removed from any compatibility list. But anyway, my point was that it's a game that's already available on modern Xboxes, so it's less of a loss here compared to other examples which were on the X360/PS3 only and never got a new version eg Eternal Sonata.

If you already own it, you will still be able to download owned content even after this store closes.

Last edited:
i'm not sure if Vesperia was ever BC in the first place, don't think it was removed from any compatibility list. But anyway, my point was that it's a game that's already available on modern Xboxes, so it's less of a loss here compared to other examples which were on the X360/PS3 only and never got a new version eg Eternal Sonata.
I meant it was delisted from the 360 store. I can't even go all digital on an original 360.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I meant it was delisted from the 360 store. I can't even go all digital on an original 360.

Well, yeah that sucks. Looking online, it seems like a fairly recent thing, got delisted in 2022. No idea what could have caused it so late, some licensing probably ran out on that old version.

Shifty1897

how are you now rolling your eyes at imaginary people complaining when nobody has? It's ironic that the PS3 store actually stayed open too and lasted longer than the 360 one.
Oh shit homie showed up with receipts!

Nice try mate, but Sony was closing the Vita store too, remind again when the Vita came out.

Three

Nice try mate, but Sony was closing the Vita store too, remind again when the Vita came out.
13 years ago (10yrs in 2021) "wasn't enough time to buy a game or DLC and download it" what with the advance warning and all I'm sure. It was competing with the xbox handheld too which was why you posted "advantage xbox" .

Last edited:
13 years ago (10yrs in 2021) "wasn't enough time to buy a game or DLC and download it" what with the advance warning and all I'm sure. It was competing with the xbox handheld too which was why you posted "advantage xbox" .

You cleverly used and used SONY ammended dates , rather that the original date of closing both store fronts that I was responding to back then . Overlooking that and also overlooking how long the PS Vita was on sale for .

What you overlooked is BC on the Xbox One/X was in full swing and meant that many of ones 360 digital media from was carried over and automatically added to your download list for the One or One X.

Did that happen for the PS4? .

So please don't get all cocky and clever with me ....

Three

You cleverly used and used SONY ammended dates , rather that the original date of closing both store fronts that I was responding to back then . Overlooking that and also overlooking how long the PS Vita was on sale for .

What you overlooked is BC on the Xbox One/X was in full swing and meant that many of ones 360 digital media from was carried over and automatically added to your download list for the One or One X.

Did that happen for the PS4? .

So please don't get all cocky and clever with me ....
It's right there in the brackets in the post you quoted stating when it was. so I didn't "cleverly use amended dates" i clearly gave it. What the hell is "Sony amended dates"? The vita store is still open if you're referring to their change of heart. It's got no closing date.

It's right there in the brackets in the post you quoted stating when it was. so I didn't "cleverly use amended dates" i clearly gave it. What the hell is "Sony amended dates"? The vita store is still open if you're referring to their change of heart. It's got no closing date.
If SONY had stuck with their original plan the SONY PS3 store wouldn't be open longer than the 360 or even close to it . SONY only changed their plans after a huge backlash. So you are using the amended store policy by SONY.

That's to overlook BC on the One and Series consoles

Last edited:

Three

If SONY had stuck with their original plan the SONY PS3 store wouldn't be open longer than the 360 or even close to it .
Does this upset you?
SONY only changed their plans after a huge backlash. So you are using the amended store policy by SONY.
No I didn't even use any dates there because the PS3 and Vita store are currently open indefinitely. I just find it completely hypocritical of you to say

"No doubt a Sony America idea.. Carry on Sony America destroying the PS brand" "xbox advantage"

When the PS3 store was previously announced closing after 15 years (19yrs now, not enough time for you to 'download to a HDD' I'm sure, and short enough to completely destroy the brand) but then for a brand that's actually being destroyed by MS be so defensive by rolling your eyes at imaginary people and defending the closure.

I'm amazed it was up for so long. No doubt someone will moan that 19 years wasn't enough time to buy a game or DLC and download it to a harddrive *rollseyes*.

You moaned pretty hyperbolicly when PS was doing it. And BC doesn't pertain to your post about 'having enough time to download games and DLC' . If they're the limited BC titles they're on the new store, we're talking about games you can't get anymore after this closure. so I'm not sure why you're even bringing that up other than trying to hype MS products and the "xbox advantage" again maybe.

Last edited:

Goalus

You moaned pretty hyperbolicly when PS was doing it. And BC doesn't pertain to your post about 'having enough time to download games and DLC' . If they're the limited BC titles they're on the new store so I'm not sure why you're even bringing that up other than trying to hype MS products and the "xbox advantage" again maybe.
It's an advantage.
Most of the relevant 360 games are available in the Microsoft Store. I am not happy about Bullet Witch never becoming BC though.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I wanted to buy a cheap 360 and redownload my vast library.

I had outrun2 and after burner climax, etc. They are gone. Not sure how many games would be salvaged. I bloody paid for them except that time there was a glitch and you could rinse some survey site for Xbox points. (Found out about it on gaf lol)

I tried logging into my account on my brothers latest Xbox. Only a handful of my old games redownloaded. I won’t bother trying to get an 360 now. Wish I never traded it in all those years ago. Was legit one of my fave consoles of all time.

Last edited:
People so busy fighting over which company is better because they shut down their stores later they don't realize that they're all indistinguishable shades of awful just for doing this shit at all.

Last edited:

Robochobo

I wanted to buy a cheap 360 and redownload my vast library.

I had outrun2 and after burner climax, etc. They are gone. Not sure how many games would be salvaged. I bloody paid for them except that time there was a glitch and you could rinse some survey site for Xbox points. (Found out about it on gaf lol)

I tried logging into my account on my brothers latest Xbox. Only a handful of my old games redownloaded. I won’t bother trying to get an 360 now. Wish I never traded it in all those years ago. Was legit one of my fave consoles of all time.
They're all still able to be downloaded on a 360. The reason they're missing now is because they aren't BC with the One/Series consoles.

Three

It's an advantage.
Most of the relevant 360 games are available in the Microsoft Store. I am not happy about Bullet Witch never becoming BC though.
A lot of 360 games aren't BC but most of the more popular games are. Yeah BC is an advantage but that's the only reason he's bringing up that irrelevant information. Much like he was shitposting "xbox advantage" in the PS3 thread when he thought it was shutting down. He'd never come in here and post "PS advantage" now that the PS3 store has remained open longer than 360 or how "MS are destroying the brand" with a move like this. He makes excuses for it closing instead.

Last edited:

RoboEight

I’m sad 1942 Joint Strike never made it to the new store as I think many of the games worked on by BackBone didn’t make it. At least Trigger heart Exelica made it to Steam recently. Just have to keep my 360 around that’s all.

Last edited:

drganon

97b84e60718bcf0b7fd8ca033ac10a07_w200.gif

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
IMG-4531.png

Has been reported, got an email today. It’s funny because games on eBay for the 360 are sky rocketing (need for speed most wanted).

The disk drive on my 360 is broken, it was weird looking at the 360 dash, story and everything I don’t care what console warriors say the 360 was on the same level as the PS3 and Wii for many years. 360 party chats captured that group feel, things like gamer score, gamer tag really brought out the gamer in you.

What did GAF think of the 360 and this store closing? Are you hunting games on eBay?
The end of a nightmare era.

Does this upset you?

No I didn't even use any dates there because the PS3 and Vita store are currently open indefinitely. I just find it completely hypocritical of you to say

"No doubt a Sony America idea.. Carry on Sony America destroying the PS brand" "xbox advantage"

When the PS3 store was previously announced closing after 15 years (19yrs now, not enough time for you to 'download to a HDD' I'm sure, and short enough to completely destroy the brand) but then for a brand that's actually being destroyed by MS be so defensive by rolling your eyes at imaginary people and defending the closure.

You moaned pretty hyperbolicly when PS was doing it. And BC doesn't pertain to your post about 'having enough time to download games and DLC' . If they're the limited BC titles they're on the new store, we're talking about games you can't get anymore after this closure. so I'm not sure why you're even bringing that up other than trying to hype MS products and the "xbox advantage" again maybe.
Had SONY had their way the service would have been cut in summer if 2011. You are using the amended plans

Bye, bye

Three

Had SONY had their way the service would have been cut in summer if 2011. You are using the amended plans

Bye, bye
Are you joking? Why would a thread be created in 2021 saying that it's shutting down. Then a subsequent 2021 confirmation that it's no longer shutting down? You're very, very confused about your dates it seems even when I've spelt them out for you.

RAIDEN1

It's surprising to me that Renegade Ops is still no B.C it's about the closest we have had to a modern day Desert/Jungle Strike...surely it couldn't have been because of licencsing?

Are you joking? Why would a thread be created in 2021 saying that it's shutting down. Then a subsequent 2021 confirmation that it's no longer shutting down? You're very, very confused about your dates it seems even when I've spelt them out for you.
You quoted me from 2021 when the news broke of SONY looking to close both their online store fronts for PS3 and Vita in summer of 2021.

When I responded to your quotes of me in this thread using 2021 posts .You replied, only to use SONYs ammended plans.

I made those comments in 2021 based on SONYs original plans, not thier ammended plans.

There's are such things as slander and context.

Three

You quoted me from 2021 when the news broke of SONY looking to close both their online store fronts for PS3 and Vita in summer of 2021.

When I responded to your quotes of me in this thread using 2021 posts .You replied, only to use SONYs ammended plans.

I made those comments in 2021 based on SONYs original plans, not thier ammended plans.

There's are such things as slander and context.
The timespans I used in all my replies were up to 2021, I even stated 2021 for you. I wasn't missing any context or trying to be clever with dates at all.

RoboEight

It's surprising to me that Renegade Ops is still no B.C it's about the closest we have had to a modern day Desert/Jungle Strike...surely it couldn't have been because of licencsing?
Yeah it's weird but at least the game was brought over to Steam so it can still be preserved. Sad that there are a bunch of games that most won't be able to play again when this goes down but quite a few have made it to PC so that is a positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom